Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Well you have been going 4 year on this study as of yesterday. Blessings for your tenacity.

LOL. I got discouraged at one point and just stopped posting. I was gone about a year or so and when I popped back in, it was still in cue. I figured God must want me to finish this, so I just picked up where I left off.

Also, I do it in small increments because I think there is a lot of information totally missed by discussing chapters. We tend to unwittingly skip things that are quite important to the event. That's my opinion anyway. :)

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL. I got discouraged at one point and just stopped posting. I was gone about a year or so and when I popped back in, it was still in cue. I figured God must want me to finish this, so I just picked up where I left off.

Also, I do it in small increments because I think there is a lot of information totally missed by discussing chapters. We tend to unwittingly skip things that are quite important to the event. That's my opinion anyway. :)

Your faithfulness to this project is admirable ...
it takes alot of 'work' to put together such 'meaty' lessons as you do! :)

For anyone wanting to deeply study the book of Matthew,
you appear to have much to offer them in this study.

I presently don't have much time for forums,
but I do find your study here to be a 'refreshing' presence ...

God bless

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Your faithfulness to this project is admirable ...
it takes alot of 'work' to put together such 'meaty' lessons as you do! :)

For anyone wanting to deeply study the book of Matthew,
you appear to have much to offer them in this study.

I presently don't have much time for forums,
but I do find your study here to be a 'refreshing' presence ...

God bless
Wow, thank you so much for such an incouraging word. Most the time, I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job, but I keep moving on. :hug:

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Workers in the Vineyard
Matt 20:1-16

At the end of the previous portion we see Yeshua talking about the reward for those who leave everything to follow him. It's not saying that we are to abandon our responsibilities, such as our children, the care of elderly parents, or a spouse. That is frowned upon pretty heavily by God. However, we are to meet our responsibilities, then, and only then move on to doing what He's called you to do. An example would be when Yeshua, on the cross, made sure his mother was cared for before he, as the oldest and the one responsible for her care left. We do not abandon our families to do "the Lords work" as many say and in doing so actually undo the Lord's testimony in their life. …

You make several important points in this lesson.

Yes, God sometimes does ask us to forsake things, in order to follow Him.
And those things He asks us to forsake, they may be very dear to us.

But … in our desire … 'zeal' … to follow the Lord, we will want to be sure to spend time carefully discerning that 'call' we may be hearing to 'forsake all' ... and to seek the wise counsel of godly friends, when possible … as the Holy Spirit will not lead us to behave recklessly, selfishly, destructively.

Our God is a God of order, of love, of life … and not sin and destruction.

Discernment, discernment, discernment … is 'key', when making the decision 'to forsake all' ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

You make several important points in this lesson.

Yes, God sometimes does ask us to forsake things, in order to follow Him.
And those things He asks us to forsake, they may be very dear to us.

But … in our desire … 'zeal' … to follow the Lord, we will want to be sure to spend time carefully discerning that 'call' we may be hearing to 'forsake all' ... and to seek the wise counsel of godly friends, when possible … as the Holy Spirit will not lead us to behave recklessly, selfishly, destructively.

Our God is a God of order, of love, of life … and not sin and destruction.

Discernment, discernment, discernment … is 'key', when making the decision 'to forsake all' ...

Good points. :)

I think we are all called to forsake "all". But I think the "all" for me is not necessarily the same "all" for another. What does each person hold dear and are they possibly putting that which they "treasure" before the Lord?

When it comes to people we are responsible for, we must discern exactly how God is calling us to fulfill His call. God's direction will never lead us to do what His Word forbids. God gives specific instrucions regarding responsibilities to our spouses and children. However, once those responsibilities are covered (as Jesus did for His mother when he was on the cross) we are free to do what we believe God is leading us too.

As you pointed out, He is a God of order. We serve an awesome God who cares and guides us through it all. :clap: Thanks for your thoughts. :)

• Agree
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.