Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a blog on the correlation of Genesis and Science. I am looking for a critique on literal translation of the Bible. I am hoping to have that discussion here. In summary I am pretty confident that the book of Genesis covers in order the creation of the following items:

1. Space (the vacuum of the universe, heaven)
  2. Atomic particles (all earthen matter within the universe, vibrations, and movement)
  3. Polarities (+/-)
  4. Nuclear fusion (light)
  5. Gravity/Atmosphere
  6. Seas (planetesimals to form planets, water for life[which predates suns])
  7. Land (planetesimals to form planets, water for life)
  8. Genetics and plant life (inference for bacteria and simpler genetic structures)
  9. The Sun, Moon, and all the stars (time).
  10. Dinosaurs
  11. Birds
  12. Mammals (including both sexes of humans)
  13. The three geological specification events
My blog is thetruth.life if you would like to read Genesis 1 before I move on to the flood.

Warm regards, GBTG

Reactions: Edison Trent

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scientifically, the stars would come before the seas and land. As it is the stars which produce the elements to make the seas and land, through nuclear fusion.

That's what comes to mind...

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Scientifically, the stars would come before the seas and land. As it is the stars which produce the elements to make the seas and land, through nuclear fusion.

That's what comes to mind...

How about some evidence.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Plants can live for 24 hours without the sun.

And people can live without oxygen for a brief period of time as well. Still doesn't make sense that God would make one before the other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
And people can live without oxygen for a brief period of time as well. Still doesn't make sense that God would make one before the other.

I assume it was so Christiana can have some evidence the day could not have been million of years in length and the skeptic would have something they can't explain,

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I assume it was so Christiana can have some evidence the day could not have been million of years in length and the skeptic would have something they can't explain,

You know how the old saying goes. When you assume...

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for looking! You might want to look into chemosynthesis... It is linked in my Blog. The Sun is not required for life... hence life can come before suns.

Warm regards, GBTG
the life concerning land plant life relies largely on photosynthesis - ie it needs the son.

Upvote 0

Edison Trent

Nov 3, 2017
Virginia
✟18,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
image.png
Thanks for looking! You might want to look into chemosynthesis... It is linked in my Blog. The Sun is not required for life... hence life can come before suns.

Warm regards, GBTG

Yea these like these deep sea tree corals

Reactions: GBTG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sun, at 4.6 billion years old, predates all the other bodies in our solar system.

Upvote 0

GBTG

Nov 2, 2017
Luverne
✟14,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except for much of the Earths water!

Earth has water older than the Sun

Please explain how that can be? Oh wait Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry [land] Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that [it was] good."

So the water is older than the Sun and it rests on a planet that is younger? Please explain how this is possible?

Warm regards, GBTG

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
The sun, at 4.6 billion years old, predates all the other bodies in our solar system.

Before posting dates that old you need to do some research into the problems with radio-metric dating. Every one know the sun is only 4.3275 years old, and most of the things in our universe, including the sun can't be dated.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before posting dates that old
That is what pops up when you do a google search. Perhaps you should talk to google about how their search engine works. I do not have time to play around with it. The point was made that water on the earth is actually older than the sun. This is pretty much what the Bible says is that we have water on the earth before we have light. FIRST God said let there be light then he separated the light from the darkness.

We need to have a point in time and a place. We are looking at the heavens and the earth in the beginning before there was light, before there was a Sun. This is the plan simple literal reading of the Bible. Simple enough a child can understand.

Gen 1 "1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters 3 Then God said,"Let there be light"; and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.…"

Earth Has Water Older Than the Sun

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please explain how that can be? Oh wait Genesis 1:10
What are you doing in genesis 1:10 when you should be in genesis 1, 2 & 3. I just explained this in the post before this one.

First of all we are talking about the creation of the Heavens and the Earth. We have five words, beginning, God, created, heavens, earth. That is what we are working with, those five words. So we have to understand the meaning of those words. At least I tend to like the expository approach.

Earth has water older than the Sun

So the water is older than the Sun and it rests on a planet that is younger? Please explain how this is possible?

Warm regards, GBTG
Why didn't you click on the link? You want me to explain the article to you when you need to read it for yourself. We can not teach truth, people have to discover truth for themselves.

"The dense interstellar clouds of gas and dust where stars form contain abundant water, in the form of ice. When a star first lights up, it heats up the cloud around it and floods it with radiation, vaporizing the ice and breaking up some of the water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen."

Nothing in the Bible conflicts with what Science is telling us. Sometimes when we have new information from Science that may have a impact on our understanding or interpretation of the Bible. Jesus tells us that: "You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions." There are various scriptures that warn us about man's traditons not representing God commandment or God's written word the Bible.

I keep telling people when the whole earth is covered with water the water is frozen. They call this a snowball earth. I do not know why this is a issue for people. I grew up looking at what the glaciers left behind when they melted. So I have no issue with the concept of a Snowball earth.

Upvote 0