Cape Town
✟7,731.00
Country
South Sudan
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Referring to Ezekiel 33:8 and Acts 20:26. I believe God is a righteous all-knowing God. I believe that he dearly loves his bride. My question is: We have chances every day to testify for Jesus and many times God urges us to speak to certain people. What happens when we are disobedient. Would certain souls go to hell due to our disobedience? In the sense that they will never hear the gospel again? Will there be even one soul that God earmarked to be saved that will go to hell due to our disobedience?
If the answer is "No" to the latter, then why the great commission? He will then inevitably ensure that all that He called out will be saved. To be clear, this is a true question wit no malicious intent.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We won't know whether there is a "yes" or a "no". Until we are shown.

And - the Great Commission is nowhere near as small and far Greater than is usually trotted out. Teach them all that I have instructed.

Jesus' words are about the Christian life. How to protect each others' individuality and potentise each other's gifts. We are going to be asked questions about why, if we were elders, we told the less important ones they didn't have any spiritual gifts, vocations . . .

Not rationed, cherry picked, sops.

Because it's probably the person you did / didn't nurture, who is going to evangelise the person you missed.

This is what Is 55, 58, 61 are about, James, talents, crown.

That is how we will gain integrity (moral fibre) and is the work that will be tested.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The elect destined to be saved were chosen before the foundations of the world.

We are invited to participate in His salvation plan because he wants us to enjoy seeing changed lives.

He knows in advance if we will mess up playing our part and has made arrangements to cover for that.

The great commission is a commission of love - not a commission of obligation.

The seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Yes He said go, but it was not meant to be a chore or a freakout.

Pray for divine appointments and enjoy what He does.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, it's one of those things that we play a part -'Go" in its various formats while God is at work.

- "In reality, the truth of God is known instinctively, for God has embedded this knowledge inside every human heart. -for from [the] world's creation the invisible things of him are perceived, being apprehended by the mind through the things that are made, both his eternal power and divinity,—so as to render them inexcusable. (Rom 1:19-20)
-"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Referring to Ezekiel 33:8 and Acts 20:26. I believe God is a righteous all-knowing God. I believe that he dearly loves his bride. My question is: We have chances every day to testify for Jesus and many times God urges us to speak to certain people. What happens when we are disobedient. Would certain souls go to hell due to our disobedience? In the sense that they will never hear the gospel again? Will there be even one soul that God earmarked to be saved that will go to hell due to our disobedience?
If the answer is "No" to the latter, then why the great commission? He will then inevitably ensure that all that He called out will be saved. To be clear, this is a true question wit no malicious intent.
Welcome to this Forum. I hope we can help each other here.

The Bible does not address those who never have the opportunity to accept or reject God’s charity.

Mentoring others is our privilege and honor to allow the Spirit to work through us to change lives and this will also change our lives as our Love and faith grows.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...Will there be even one soul that God earmarked to be saved that will go to hell due to our disobedience?
If the answer is "No" to the latter, then why the great commission? ...

If the great commission means the good news, the Gospel that is, the declaration that sins are forgiven, I don’t think anyone goes to hell, because we didn’t preach it. People go to hell, if they are not righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

I believe God takes care that everyone has possibility to become righteous. And I think that the Gospel is good news, is the reason disciples of Jesus want to preach it.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Referring to Ezekiel 33:8 and Acts 20:26.
In both these scriptures, it refers to the blood of men, this demonstrates the Lord is speaking about the physical, earthly, life of a person, not his eternal life.
I believe God is a righteous all-knowing God. I believe that he dearly loves his bride. My question is: We have chances every day to testify for Jesus and many times God urges us to speak to certain people. What happens when we are disobedient. Would certain souls go to hell due to our disobedience? In the sense that they will never hear the gospel again? Will there be even one soul that God earmarked to be saved that will go to hell due to our disobedience?
Absolutely not. We are not responsible for the eternal state of other men.

You have fallen into a common trap amongst most Christians, that "salvation" in the Great Commission is about bringing eternal life to people.
In God's world, "salvation" is about getting God's own children, those already born again, into a life of victory and freedom from spiritual bondage.

This use of the word can be seen throughout the Old Testament, where the word translated as "salvation" always referred to deliverance from Philistine, Famine, or plague etc. Nowhere do we see "salvation" referring to "Heaven when we die".

The 3 years ministry of Jesus was to an Old Testament people, undertaken during the Old Testament period! His listeners and disciples were not New Testament people, nor did the New Testament start at Matthew1v1!
(Take note that the New Covenant was not announced till Matt26v28For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.)

His listeners understood Jesus's words to mean the same as when they heard them read from the Law and the Prophets in their synagogues. And Jesus spoke those words intending them to carry that very same meaning.

It is a great shame that theologians have twisted the meaning of those words to represent what happens when we die.

Most churches teach that we cannot be saved till we confess the sinner's prayer, centred around the death and resurrection of Jesus as found in Romans10v9/10. But if you look at Paul's letter to the Romans, you will see that those verses are addressed entirely to the saints, the already born again children of God.

The idea that unbelievers get born again by confessing the death and resurrection of Jesus is an utter impossibility, an oxymoron, as we shall see from Paul himself.-

1Cor1v18a For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,

Paul makes it crystal clear that an unbeliever (those who are perishing) cannot comprehend the cross because it is foolishness to his unregenerate mind. This tells us that the only ones who can comprehend the message of the cross are those whose hearts are already renewed by God.
Therefore we cannot get people born again by preaching the cross!
Sadly, because we are taught that the cross is about getting people saved, Christians completely ignore the true message of the cross which Paul states in the second half of the verse.
18b.......but to us who are being saved it (the cross) is the power of God.

The purpose of the cross is about bringing God's children from underneath Satan's dominion, to a life of overruling that dominion.
The Life of a Christian should be a spiritual reflection of the victory God wrought for Israel in the OT. For most, their faith makes little difference till they die.

As for how we get born again, read what Paul describes in Romans1

Upvote 0