• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The Bin Laden Thread (or, How and why threads get 'Closed')

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by TheBear, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,771
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Being brand new to this forum, I came across the thread titled, "Should Bin Laden be executed or allowed to live?" After reading the 4 pages of posts, I decided to add my two cents to the list.
    Too late! The thread is closed.
    Is there a time limit on threads? Is there a panel of moderators who decide to close a thread? Is this an individual's call? Is this done automaticaly by some kind of system housekeeping?

Just curious.....:)

John

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER Veteran

+9
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Hey John,
    Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too. In fact- this forum is new. Thats a good question you brought up and I'll wait for the answer too. One more thing I noticed- we're practicly neighbors. I live about an hours ride south of you. That is very close, considering that this forum is based in Austrailia..rollinTHUNDER

3. Hishandmaiden

Hishandmaiden The Humble Servant Supporter

+221
    Christian
    Private
    Hi! I am new to the forums, too. Stumbled it across the web.

I want to add my opinion, too.
    Should Osama be executed or alllowed to live?
    I think it will depend on if he repented or not.

4. VeraciousMaven

VeraciousMaven Jesus Saves!

+2
    I think I'll just throw a question out there to help this discussion ...

Is there an example we could/should follow that's in the Bible?

Personally, I don't believe in Captial Punishment.

5. Yauming

Yauming Member

+1
    Yes, the thread was closed down for house keeping purposes. The same questions kept on being asked, few people bothered to read the replies. Once this happens, the thread will be shut down.

You are welcome to open another thread and discuss the issue again. But I dare say most of the questions have already been answered adequately.

6. Apologist

Apologist 2 Tim. 2:24-26

+11
    Christian
    Romans 13:1-4 says: Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
    The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

I think God's position on murder is clearly defined in this verse just as He did way back in Genesis 9:6: “Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed;
    The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

7. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

+155
    Christian
    Single
    Genesis 9:6-"Whoever sheds the blood of man. by man shall his blood be shed for in the image of God has God made man"

Obviously because of Bin Laden, thousands of people died. How much more according to the word of God should he be punished??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.