Portal *34.05807 -118.24862*
✟26,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Satan's plan was to destroy Christ, even before Jesus' arrival and conception so that God's Divine Decree would somehow not come to pass. Satan is suffering from the most severest case of Delusions of Grandeur. But we can rest assured that as Jesus had suffered in this world, so will we as children of the Most High. But I want to focus on the type of sins that fallen man and Christians have fallen captive to. It seems that the most predominant sins in this world today and in Christendom are sexual sins, and sins that appeal to the carnal mind. Attempting to overcome the Evil One on a daily basis using our own strength and reliance will only give way to constant defeat no matter how hard we try. It is ONLY through the indwelling of the Godhead are we able to gain victory; and all other methods will result in utter defeat. Dwelling on the "negatives" on how ones sins may overtake us will only make it WORSE. Why? because the very sin or sins we are trying to attain victory over will continue to linger in our minds if not dealt with accordingly as to what the Scriptures tell us HOW we ought to *conquer* our sins.

Testing:

Paul says to the Thessalonians that as believers "That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto." (1 Thes. 3:3-4), and in my observation and experience the only question is the form these will take, different, it seems, for different believers at different times. Paul also tells Timothy that "all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Tim. 3:12). I do know that whatever we are going through, Jesus Christ is all-sufficient to carry us through it unharmed and victorious through our afflictions (Job 23:10; Deut. 8:2; Ps. 34:19; 66:10; 119:67,71; cf. Isa. 26:9; Rom. 5:3; 2 Cor. 4:8-11; 12:9-10; 2 Tim. 2:9-10; 1 Pet. 1:7; Rev. 2:10). The Lord never places on us anything we are not capable of taking. Though it may seem so at times, we have it from Him that we can indeed bear up under anything He allows to come our way (1 Cor. 10:13). So from the divine point of view, exceptional testing is really a compliment (as it was in the case of Job). Our part is to respond to the test in faith. Does God have to grab the moon and hurl it like a softball in order for "believers" to get some sort of assurance that God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us? (Ephesians 3:20)

Temptation:

"But every man is [tempted], when he is [drawn away] of his own [lust], and [enticed]. Then when lust hath [conceived], it bringeth forth [sin]: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth [death]" (James 1:14-15)

Here are the stages:
  1. Tempted
  2. Drawn away of his own lust, and enticed
  3. Lust is conceived (given birth to)
  4. Sin ultimately brings forth death when fully matured (cf. 1 Jn. 5:16; i.e., "the sin unto death")
Failure to repent of such habitual sinning will be the final straw which will break the camel's back. Submit to God and pray without ceasing before reaching to stage 2. Walk in the Spirit. Be filled with the Spirit. Failure to do so is to set oneself up for a loss.

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF." (Mark 9:23-24)

If you're struggling with sins because you have a "Trust" issue with God, then please pray with all sincerity; because God desires truth from the inward parts (Ps. 51:6). Your prayers will be answered 100% of the time if it is within the parameters of God's Will. You can know with absolute certainty what God's Will is for you in your life -- even to the point of each step we take in our daily Christian walk. I have put this to the test about a thousand times and it has yet to fail; and I know it will NOT and CANNOT fail to come to pass. You either believe it or you don't, there is no middle ground!

"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, ARM YOURSELVES likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

1. Have nothing to do with the devil. The Bible tells us everything we need to know about Satan and how he figures in God's plan for us (1 Chron. 21;1; 2 Cor. 2:11; cf. Gen. 3:1-4; 2; Zech. 3:1; Matt. 4:1-3; Jn. 8:44; 13:2; 2 Cor. 12:7; Eph. 2:2; Thess. 2:9-11; 1 Pet. 5:8; Rev. 2:10). Beyond all argument, he is of very little account when it comes to the "nuts and bolts" of how we are to live our lives. We are to be completely dependent upon God and God's resources to be protected from him and his demons (Isa. 41:10; 54:17; 2 Sam. 22:3-4; Ps. 91:1-16; Prov. 19:23; Rom. 12:19; 2 Tim. 4:18; 2 Thess. 3:3; Jas. 4:7). Since God is all-sufficient in this as in every other way, and since we could do nothing further about the unseen nature of the conflict that surrounds us anyway, our role is to continue to fight the fight on our own battlefield without any care or concern for things beyond our ken (cf. Ps. 1:1-6; 86:11; Prov. 16:3; Isa. 26:3; Rom. 8:5; 12:2; 1 Cor. 10:31; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Thess. 5:17; Col. 2:6-8; 3:2,23-24; Heb. 2:1; 10:23; 12:1-2). That is to say, we are to keep our focus here, not on the devil. So I counsel all my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ not to engage with the devil on the devil's turf and terms. Do not curse the devil; do not address the devil; as far as it is possible, do not even be concerned about the devil -- but be "sober" at all times (cf. Zech. 3:2; Matt. 6:13; Eph. 6:10; 1 Cor. 10:13; Jas. 1:12; 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:8; Jude 1:9). After all, we have our hands full here on earth dealing with his lies and the opposition of his earthly minions. That is where our fight is, right here with things we can actually see.

2. Keep fighting the fight on the Lord's terms (Ex. 15:2; Isa. 12:2; 45:24; 48:17-18; Neh. 8:10; Jer. 16:19; Hab. 3:19; Ps. 5:8; 25:9; 28:8; 32:8-9; Prov. 3:5-6; Jn. 10:3-4). Prayer is important, and it may well be that your particular gift and calling is indeed to do battle in this fight first and foremost by means of prayer. If that is the case, then I commend you to do it doubly (cf. Col. 1:9; Matt. 6:9-13; 21:22; Jn. 9:31; Phil. 4:19; Jas. 1:5; 4:3; 1 Jn. 5:14). Please do keep in mind, however, that all effective ministry is a function of prior spiritual growth and spiritual progress (Job 17:9; Rom. 5:3-5; 8:28-29; 1 Cor. 3:1-3; 13:11; 2 Cor. 9:10; Eph 4:15; Phil. 1:6; 2:13; Col. 1:10; 1 Thess. 3:12; Heb. 6:1; Jas. 1:2-4; 1 Pet. 2:1-3; 2 Pet. 1:5; 3:18; 1 Jn. 1:7-9). The more we dedicate ourselves to growing up spiritually through hearing and believing and applying the truth of the Word of God (Rom. 13:14; Eph. 5:8; Col. 3:16; 1 Tim. 4:16; 1 Cor. 4:16; Heb. 12:1; Jas. 1:22-25; 2 Pet. 1:3-4,10; 1 Jn. 1:7), the more effective our personal ministries will be. Whatever happens, let nothing keep you from your own Bible reading and from accessing whatever teaching ministry you have been led to. The truth is the ammunition the Spirit uses in this fight, and He does not use what is not there (in our hearts). Spiritual growth is the prerequisite for spiritual progress and test-passing (cf. Jas. 1:2-3,12; 1 Cor. 3:12-15; 2 Cor. 13:5; Gal. 6:4; 1 Pet. 1:7; cf. 1 Jn. 4:1), and together these form the foundation for all effective ministry which is in turn the basis for our eternal rewards. Let nothing dissuade you from the daily, consistent, determined, joyful prosecution of this fundamental part of our "fight" here in the devil's world.

In Closing:

"He that [overcometh] shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:7)

"For whatsoever is born of God [overcometh the world]: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." (1 John 5:4)

3. The verb "overcometh" (Grk. "nikao" νικάω) is in the [present active indicative]; and it refers to an ongoing action of the one who continually "CONQUERS" the world system. It isn't through our OWN strength that we overcome the world; rather it is through CHRIST dwelling in us (Matt. 16:18; Jn. 16:33; Rom. 8:37; 12:1; 16:20; 1 Cor. 15:55-57; 2 Cor. 2:14; 1 Jn. 2:13-14; 5:4-5; Rev. 2:7,11,17,26; 3:5,12,21; 12:11; 15:2; 21:7). Just emptying your mind of sinful thoughts isn't going to give you a leg up; your mind has to be constantly *occupied* on "that which is Good" and godly. You must "flee" immorality in any form as far as east is from the west; and be vigilant and keep watch as a *soldier* who is PREPARED at all times from the attacks of the enemy. Put your head down and keep pushing forward, and, as far as it is possible, don't even give the evil one the satisfaction of a second thought.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:6-8)

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil." (Ephesians 4:27)

God Bless!

Reactions: Loyce KG

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About trials that can expose sin > 2 Corinthians 12:7-15.

And we see how Joseph went through all he did (Genesis 37-50), and it turned out for God's purpose. And so the benefits of Joseph's situation were all-loving, not only for the good of Joseph :)

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Satan's plan was to destroy Christ, even before Jesus' arrival and conception so that God's Divine Decree would somehow not come to pass. Satan is suffering from the most severest case of Delusions of Grandeur. But we can rest assured that as Jesus had suffered in this world, so will we as children of the Most High. But I want to focus on the type of sins that fallen man and Christians have fallen captive to. It seems that the most predominant sins in this world today and in Christendom are sexual sins, and sins that appeal to the carnal mind. Attempting to overcome the Evil One on a daily basis using our own strength and reliance will only give way to constant defeat no matter how hard we try. It is ONLY through the indwelling of the Godhead are we able to gain victory; and all other methods will result in utter defeat. Dwelling on the "negatives" on how ones sins may overtake us will only make it WORSE. Why? because the very sin or sins we are trying to attain victory over will continue to linger in our minds if not dealt with accordingly as to what the Scriptures tell us HOW we ought to *conquer* our sins.

Testing:

Paul says to the Thessalonians that as believers "That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto." (1 Thes. 3:3-4), and in my observation and experience the only question is the form these will take, different, it seems, for different believers at different times. Paul also tells Timothy that "all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Tim. 3:12). I do know that whatever we are going through, Jesus Christ is all-sufficient to carry us through it unharmed and victorious through our afflictions (Job 23:10; Deut. 8:2; Ps. 34:19; 66:10; 119:67,71; cf. Isa. 26:9; Rom. 5:3; 2 Cor. 4:8-11; 12:9-10; 2 Tim. 2:9-10; 1 Pet. 1:7; Rev. 2:10). The Lord never places on us anything we are not capable of taking. Though it may seem so at times, we have it from Him that we can indeed bear up under anything He allows to come our way (1 Cor. 10:13). So from the divine point of view, exceptional testing is really a compliment (as it was in the case of Job). Our part is to respond to the test in faith. Does God have to grab the moon and hurl it like a softball in order for "believers" to get some sort of assurance that God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us? (Ephesians 3:20)

Temptation:

"But every man is [tempted], when he is [drawn away] of his own [lust], and [enticed]. Then when lust hath [conceived], it bringeth forth [sin]: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth [death]" (James 1:14-15)

Here are the stages:
  1. Tempted
  2. Drawn away of his own lust, and enticed
  3. Lust is conceived (given birth to)
  4. Sin ultimately brings forth death when fully matured (cf. 1 Jn. 5:16; i.e., "the sin unto death")
Failure to repent of such habitual sinning will be the final straw which will break the camel's back. Submit to God and pray without ceasing before reaching to stage 2. Walk in the Spirit. Be filled with the Spirit. Failure to do so is to set oneself up for a loss.

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF." (Mark 9:23-24)

If you're struggling with sins because you have a "Trust" issue with God, then please pray with all sincerity; because God desires truth from the inward parts (Ps. 51:6). Your prayers will be answered 100% of the time if it is within the parameters of God's Will. You can know with absolute certainty what God's Will is for you in your life -- even to the point of each step we take in our daily Christian walk. I have put this to the test about a thousand times and it has yet to fail; and I know it will NOT and CANNOT fail to come to pass. You either believe it or you don't, there is no middle ground!

"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, ARM YOURSELVES likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

1. Have nothing to do with the devil. The Bible tells us everything we need to know about Satan and how he figures in God's plan for us (1 Chron. 21;1; 2 Cor. 2:11; cf. Gen. 3:1-4; 2; Zech. 3:1; Matt. 4:1-3; Jn. 8:44; 13:2; 2 Cor. 12:7; Eph. 2:2; Thess. 2:9-11; 1 Pet. 5:8; Rev. 2:10). Beyond all argument, he is of very little account when it comes to the "nuts and bolts" of how we are to live our lives. We are to be completely dependent upon God and God's resources to be protected from him and his demons (Isa. 41:10; 54:17; 2 Sam. 22:3-4; Ps. 91:1-16; Prov. 19:23; Rom. 12:19; 2 Tim. 4:18; 2 Thess. 3:3; Jas. 4:7). Since God is all-sufficient in this as in every other way, and since we could do nothing further about the unseen nature of the conflict that surrounds us anyway, our role is to continue to fight the fight on our own battlefield without any care or concern for things beyond our ken (cf. Ps. 1:1-6; 86:11; Prov. 16:3; Isa. 26:3; Rom. 8:5; 12:2; 1 Cor. 10:31; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Thess. 5:17; Col. 2:6-8; 3:2,23-24; Heb. 2:1; 10:23; 12:1-2). That is to say, we are to keep our focus here, not on the devil. So I counsel all my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ not to engage with the devil on the devil's turf and terms. Do not curse the devil; do not address the devil; as far as it is possible, do not even be concerned about the devil -- but be "sober" at all times (cf. Zech. 3:2; Matt. 6:13; Eph. 6:10; 1 Cor. 10:13; Jas. 1:12; 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:8; Jude 1:9). After all, we have our hands full here on earth dealing with his lies and the opposition of his earthly minions. That is where our fight is, right here with things we can actually see.

2. Keep fighting the fight on the Lord's terms (Ex. 15:2; Isa. 12:2; 45:24; 48:17-18; Neh. 8:10; Jer. 16:19; Hab. 3:19; Ps. 5:8; 25:9; 28:8; 32:8-9; Prov. 3:5-6; Jn. 10:3-4). Prayer is important, and it may well be that your particular gift and calling is indeed to do battle in this fight first and foremost by means of prayer. If that is the case, then I commend you to do it doubly (cf. Col. 1:9; Matt. 6:9-13; 21:22; Jn. 9:31; Phil. 4:19; Jas. 1:5; 4:3; 1 Jn. 5:14). Please do keep in mind, however, that all effective ministry is a function of prior spiritual growth and spiritual progress (Job 17:9; Rom. 5:3-5; 8:28-29; 1 Cor. 3:1-3; 13:11; 2 Cor. 9:10; Eph 4:15; Phil. 1:6; 2:13; Col. 1:10; 1 Thess. 3:12; Heb. 6:1; Jas. 1:2-4; 1 Pet. 2:1-3; 2 Pet. 1:5; 3:18; 1 Jn. 1:7-9). The more we dedicate ourselves to growing up spiritually through hearing and believing and applying the truth of the Word of God (Rom. 13:14; Eph. 5:8; Col. 3:16; 1 Tim. 4:16; 1 Cor. 4:16; Heb. 12:1; Jas. 1:22-25; 2 Pet. 1:3-4,10; 1 Jn. 1:7), the more effective our personal ministries will be. Whatever happens, let nothing keep you from your own Bible reading and from accessing whatever teaching ministry you have been led to. The truth is the ammunition the Spirit uses in this fight, and He does not use what is not there (in our hearts). Spiritual growth is the prerequisite for spiritual progress and test-passing (cf. Jas. 1:2-3,12; 1 Cor. 3:12-15; 2 Cor. 13:5; Gal. 6:4; 1 Pet. 1:7; cf. 1 Jn. 4:1), and together these form the foundation for all effective ministry which is in turn the basis for our eternal rewards. Let nothing dissuade you from the daily, consistent, determined, joyful prosecution of this fundamental part of our "fight" here in the devil's world.

In Closing:

"He that [overcometh] shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:7)

"For whatsoever is born of God [overcometh the world]: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." (1 John 5:4)

3. The verb "overcometh" (Grk. "nikao" νικάω) is in the [present active indicative]; and it refers to an ongoing action of the one who continually "CONQUERS" the world system. It isn't through our OWN strength that we overcome the world; rather it is through CHRIST dwelling in us (Matt. 16:18; Jn. 16:33; Rom. 8:37; 12:1; 16:20; 1 Cor. 15:55-57; 2 Cor. 2:14; 1 Jn. 2:13-14; 5:4-5; Rev. 2:7,11,17,26; 3:5,12,21; 12:11; 15:2; 21:7). Just emptying your mind of sinful thoughts isn't going to give you a leg up; your mind has to be constantly *occupied* on "that which is Good" and godly. You must "flee" immorality in any form as far as east is from the west; and be vigilant and keep watch as a *soldier* who is PREPARED at all times from the attacks of the enemy. Put your head down and keep pushing forward, and, as far as it is possible, don't even give the evil one the satisfaction of a second thought.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:6-8)

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil." (Ephesians 4:27)

God Bless!
Thank you so much for the piece. God bless you.
Shalom

Upvote 0