The Best Post I've Ever Read In All Of CF Hands Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dids, please forgive me for not having the direct link to this enlightening post you made. IMO, there is more truth in these words, typed by you, than any post I've read on this forum in the three years I've been a member.

I challenge folks to read this and ponder what he proposes.

As crafted by Dids:

I insist God is always good, always answers yes, and always blesses. He is better than any man. His ways are better than ours. His thoughts are better than ours. This translates into a perfect Father who desires to always bless His children. His methods are beyond question and contain no darkness or evil whatsoever. Evil is not the tool of God whether directed or "allowed." He is above using evil to accomplish His will. He does not have to lower Himself to resorting to the devil's methods.

Gods methods are always lovely, always perfect, and always light. If the perfect ways and plans of God for our life are diminished... it is because we have limited Him by sin, doubt, and unbelief. In all this, the love, wisdom, perfection, and will of God is beyond any question.

That is the core of by belief, walk, and teaching.

So.

If I am wrong.. then the worst I can be accused of is suggesting that God is better than He actually is.

Listen to that again dear hearts...

If I am wrong... then the worst I can be accused of is suggesting that God is better than He actually is.

Do you think it is possible to invent a God who is better, more holy, more loving, more perfect in all His ways, more wise in His plans, and more righteous than the God that now sits on the Throne in Heaven?

So I say again, If I am wrong... then the worst I can be accused of is suggesting that God is better than He actually is.

I can live with taking that chance.

Lets look at the other side of the discussion.

I hear people suggesting that God resorts to darkness and evil(whether "allowed" or "directed".... I fail to see the difference) to accomplish His will. I hear that His will is not known and in some cases cannot be known.

I hear that God intentionally uses the suffering, pain, and even death of His own children in order to "glorify" Himself.
I hear that the suffering of Jesus was not sufficient to bring us perfected to the Father,and that we have to add a bit of our own suffering to make up the difference.

I hear people suggesting that God will save you or heal you... but not both. He will actually require you to choose one or the other. I hear people suggest God does not care about our temporal needs... even though Jesus spent His entire ministry doing just that. Healing, feeding, and caring for the temporal needs of people.

I hear people saying the the higher ways and higher thoughts of God can somehow be worse ways than man's. And I hear them say all this while at the same time insisting that God is too big to know and understand.

If they are wrong... then the worst they can be accused of is denying the word, denying the gospel, denying the work of Christ, denying the goodness of God, turning the goodness of God into an evil thing, ascribing evil to God, making God out to be a child abuser, glorifying in their own faithfulness at the expense of God, denying that Jesus has shown us the Father, rank doubt and unbelief, and ultimately denying that the name and Lordship of Jesus have any authority in heaven and on the earth....

If you design or imagine or invent a God that is better than our God who sits on the throne in heaven.. what would that say about our God who sits on the throne in heaven? Do our thoughts therefore eclipse the goodness of our God? Are our thoughts therefore "higher" than His? Can we in our measly (me-silly) little noodles out-do God in the imaginations of goodness and love toward us. What does that possibility do to these scriptures:

Ephesians 3:20
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

1 Corinthians 2:9
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I am sometimes flabbergasted when I see these verses from Is 55 used to DIMINISH the higher ways and thoughts of God!!! As if higher thoughts and ways could ever be WORSE thoughts and ways!!

I submit that the goodness, love, and desires of God for our benefit are far above and beyond anything we can imagine. I am fully convinced that the only thing that prevents God from creating a heaven on earth in our lives is the tiny image of God we carry around inside us.

He wants to do so much for us. It pleases Him to bless us. He wants to! We do not let Him because of unbelief and doubt.

It is not possible for us to out-think God in the area of goodness. We will never imagine a God who is better than the God in heaven.
I can imagine some pretty good things!!!!
His thoughts and intentions toward me are better!

Reactions: NewSong

lovesblessing

The Lord's Beloved......
Aug 22, 2004
In God's Amazing Grace!
✟10,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Excellent post Brother Dids!

And thank you Dana for posting it here in the main forum.:D

Let me add something about Is. 55 that I have learned from listening to my Pastor.

Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander of the peoples.
5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor."
6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The word "for" is a connector to the previous verse. Our God's thoughts are all about giving us all mercy and graciously freely pardoning us all our sins.

That is why His gift to us of Jesus and the cross is so wonderfully amazing......it is all of grace, a gift that is only and always freely given to us.!:amen:

;)

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know, I was scrolling through his blog the other day, and there is so much good stuff in there I got lost and next thing I know, a couple hours had gone by.

By the way, I know I am relatively new around here, so forgive me for my ignorance, but why does everyone call him Dids?

Peace...

Upvote 0

lovesblessing

The Lord's Beloved......
Aug 22, 2004
In God's Amazing Grace!
✟10,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know, I was scrolling through his blog the other day, and there is so much good stuff in there I got lost and next thing I know, a couple hours had gone by.

By the way, I know I am relatively new around here, so forgive me for my ignorance, but why does everyone call him Dids?

Peace...

Because that was his screen name when I joined this board a few years ago.......and it stuck! :D Was actually the Greek word for teacher......"Didiskalosysssssss"? Sumtin' like that there! It's all Greek to me!:D

He has a wee small habit of changing his screen name......but Dids is easiest to remember!:D

;)

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
IMO, there is more truth in these words, typed by you, than any post I've read on this forum in the three years I've been a member.

Maybe this is one example of why he has remained 'Dids' to us even through all the name changes.

Didaskalos...........the teacher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe this is one example of why he has remained 'Dids' to us even through all the name changes.

Didaskalos...........the teacher.

Well I've been Educated I always thought it was a made up name which meant

Did ask a lot

:blush:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
That a pretty good post.But if a person is sick, or in financial trouble, or some other bad thing, how does the knowledge of all that help? What is the practical application of the revelation?

To know without any doubt, that God was not the cause of the trouble, and ....

"Because you have made the Lord your refuge, even the Most High your dwelling place, no harm will befall you, and no plague will come near your tent.

Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him, I will set him securely on high because he has know My Name. " Psalm 91

Upvote 0

Heartland

Sep 3, 2007
Midwest
✟831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To know without any doubt, that God was not the cause of the trouble, and ....

"Because you have made the Lord your refuge, even the Most High your dwelling place, no harm will befall you, and no plague will come near your tent.

Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him, I will set him securely on high because he has know My Name. " Psalm 91

I understood all that, but how does that help a person get out of the trouble?

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I understood all that, but how does that help a person get out of the trouble?

If the devil can convince us that in our trouble, it is God 'trying to teach us something', then it totally blocks us from having any faith for change.

After all, such logic tells us.........it's God's will for me to be in this trouble, so to have faith for getting out of it, is to go against God's will.

It's one of the devil's most successful lies.

This post of Dids counteracts that lie.

Upvote 0

Heartland

Sep 3, 2007
Midwest
✟831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the devil can convince us that in our trouble, it is God 'trying to teach us something', then it totally blocks us from having any faith for change.

After all, such logic tells us.........it's God's will for me to be in this trouble, so to have faith for getting out of it, is to go against God's will.

It's one of the devil's most successful lies.

This post of Dids counteracts that lie.

OK, now we are getting somewhere. What you are saying is that it is permission to object to bad things that happen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.