Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TO FREEZER-MAN

[My point is, nobody knows, so what is the use in speculating?]

Most churches I went to avoid reading/discussing The Book of Revelation & those that did avoid reading most chapters. A lot of people are relying what is on the media….mixing other doctrines with the bible.

Such as the false doctrine that President Obama is the Antichrist/False-Prophet since the world will end in 2012 as predicted by Mayan Calendar & Nostradamus.

What I’m doing is not just for myself but for others who did speculate that with Tattoos, & Bar Codes, that the “mark of the beast” has to match with the scriptures. The last & best theory of who the Antichrist/False Prophet is was with Adolph Hitler during World War I.

Evil as he was, it still do not match with the scriptures. It was not the appointed time. No will ever know the exact day but we can debunk most heresy predictions. The RFID tech platform is probably the best theory of the "mark of the beast".

As I said before, I seriously, seriously, doubt the chip is it… but I do believe “the principle of it” makes sense than any other theory prior to this.

What’s wrong speculating on something that millions could easily be duped into falling for? Even Christians are going to be duped by this. Best talk it about it now than before the appointed time. Once the False Prophet comes into play, whatever future version of the Internet will become, it will be controlled by him.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was talking about speculating about what the mark will be..
We can talk about it until we are blue in the face, yet chances are, none of us will be right..excuse the pun, but that's the nature of the beast.
What ever it will be, it will be a complete surprise, so none of us will be prepared for it, therefore, other than our faith, there will be no defense from it.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing wrong in speculating. We will never guess the date of the coming of Jesus but I disagree that we will be surprised. Surprised in a sense that He will come when we think He will not, maybe, but when you look at the context of Matthew 24:44 you will see that Jesus is talking about two types of servants: ones who are ready and the ones who are, unfortunately, not ready. In other areas, we just have to stick to the truth. World and even Christians may call us arrogant and to be honest sometimes we can be but when it comes to the truth we gotta stick to it. Speculation is one thing but preparing for the end of the age, as Jesus said is important, does not depend on those speculations.

President Obama is definitely not an anti-Christ. There was an election recently in Egypt and I believe that a very likely candidate for the anti-Christ is Mohamed Morsi. Check out Isaiah 19 for clarification. This thing may take a lot of time to unravel but it's very close. Is he a precursor to the beast? Nobody knows. He may not be an anti-Christ but someone related to him but his agenda looks anti-Christ for sure. He will, as Isaiah prophesied in Chapter 19, take down the military council that is currently in power and then who knows. Bad times are coming.

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
TO Behe's Boy:

The Two Witnesses, most likely Elijah & Moses, will be using their "abilities" to fight the followers of the evil trio. When non-believers see this on their communications devices &/or in person, will they think we are involved in some type of "star wars"?
[/B]

Elijah and Enoch

Moses died, Enoch was taken by God alive as was Elijah

Hebrews 11:5
Common English Bible (CEB)
5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he didn’t see death, and he wasn’t found because God took him up.[a] He was given approval for having pleased God before he was taken up.

2 Kings 2:11
Common English Bible (CEB)
11 They were walking along, talking, when suddenly a fiery chariot and fiery horses appeared and separated the two of them. Then Elijah went to heaven in a windstorm.

Upvote 0

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
King James Version Bible

Matthew Chapter 17

1. And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2. And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

3. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Daniel Chapter 8

13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain [saint] which spake, How long [shall be] the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

[2,300 days = 6 years and 3 months]

the Great Tribulation

Malachi Chapter 4

1. For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

4. Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
King James Version Bible

Matthew Chapter 17

1. And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2. And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

3. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Daniel Chapter 8

13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain [saint] which spake, How long [shall be] the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

[2,300 days = 6 years and 3 months]

the Great Tribulation

Malachi Chapter 4

1. For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

4. Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Revelation 11
New King James Version (NKJV)

The Witnesses Killed

7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our[c] Lord was crucified. 9 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow[d] their dead bodies to be put into graves. 10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

cant kill Moses when hes already dead

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jude Chapter 1

9. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

The point still stands, Gods two most fierce prophets, both known fighters, no fear, where taken to God, in the flesh. These two warrior prophets will be the witnesses come to earth, and slain

Upvote 0

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very true & back to the main point... will the Beast perceived by the unsaved as an alien or a technological wonder?

I'm now debating whether it people will assume it is an alien

Revelation Chapter 13

15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Very true & back to the main point... will the Beast perceived by the unsaved as an alien or a technological wonder?

I'm now debating whether it people will assume it is an alien

Revelation Chapter 13

15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

I think its all ready happening. I believe many ufo sightings are legit. As far as them being alien, the people for the most part seem to think so, I do not. There are many things written in scripture, especially prophetical books, whose descriptions as you have described are way out there, and some, sound mechanical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Beast of Revelation was identified long ago by such lights as Wycliff, Luther, Calvin, Isaac Newton, John Gill, Hanserd Knollys, the London Baptist Confession(s) of Faith, the Westminster, every Bible believing Protestant confession in fact...even the preface to the King James translation identifies the Beast.

Evangelicals who tend to be squishy on the subject can identify the Beast!

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Beast of Revelation was identified long ago by such lights as Wycliff, Luther, Calvin, Isaac Newton, John Gill, Hanserd Knollys, the London Baptist Confession(s) of Faith, the Westminster, every Bible believing Protestant confession in fact...even the preface to the King James translation identifies the Beast.

Evangelicals who tend to be squishy on the subject can identify the Beast!

Yours in the Lord,

jm

By which you mean the papacy, apparently, as reformers indicated at times the man of sin, or beast, or antichrist was the papacy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will the Beast in Revelations look inhuman?

Not the False Prophet aka the Antichrist but "the Beast".

Do you think most antichrists at that time will believe that the Beast is a “good alien” or an "android" or a "lab experiment" who most stop Christ from taking over the world?

When I think about that crazy, possible, scenario it does make sense why so many people will be deceived. Most people are looking for a human host figure. What if does not look human & people will think they are involved in some type of alien war?

What if the beast-devil doesn't look human to the world?

Revelation Chapter 13

11. And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14. And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation Chapter 16

13. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

I think the best way to shed light on passages in Revelation is to identify the underlying Old Testament allusions in the passage. Revelation has hundreds of references to OT texts, and often adopts OT language when depicting things. It can also reference other NT works, and some contend some extra-biblical works.

Now a few things on specifics:

a. I think that the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet represent a false trinity, just as there is the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. So for instance, the second beast looks like a lamb...but speaks like a dragon.

Where as Jesus is the Lamb, looking as though He has been slain, portrayed in Revelation.

Rev 5:6 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne.
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.

The second beast on the other hand, looks like a lamb, but speaks like a dragon. The Dragon was identified with Satan:

Rev 12:3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems.
Rev 12:4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it.

and

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

So the second beast seems Christlike but is inspired by the dragon.

b. To better understand the first beast of Revelation you can consult Daniel. Daniel portrays several beasts and identifies generally what they stand for. The first beast of Revelation combines elements of these beasts into one beast.

The activities of the first beast largely mirror that of the fourth beast in Daniel.

To see the correlation:

Rev 13:1 And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads.
Rev 13:2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority.

Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up out of the sea, different from one another.
Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion and had eagles' wings. Then as I looked its wings were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man, and the mind of a man was given to it.
Dan 7:5 And behold, another beast, a second one, like a bear. It was raised up on one side. It had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, 'Arise, devour much flesh.'
Dan 7:6 After this I looked, and behold, another, like a leopard, with four wings of a bird on its back. And the beast had four heads, and dominion was given to it.
Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, terrifying and dreadful and exceedingly strong. It had great iron teeth; it devoured and broke in pieces and stamped what was left with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

In Daniel an interpretation is given:

Dan 7:17 'These four great beasts are four kings who shall arise out of the earth.

Ultimately God judges the nations and the saints inherit the kingdom.

So at least in Daniel, which was closely parallel, the beasts represented nations. That may be the case here as well.

c. The mark of the beast is a counterfeit to the seal of God. The seal of God is described in Rev. 7 and 14. You can check those for more information, but here are some selections:

Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.
Rev 7:2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea,
Rev 7:3 saying, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads."

Rev 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps,
Rev 14:3 and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb,

These were those who were loyal to God and were sealed by Him. This too is based on Old Testament imagery:

God foretold the destruction of Jerusalem through Ezekiel, showing it as a divine judgment. Individuals who loved God and were grieved by wickedness were marked and then spared, just as happens later on a global scale in Revelation.

Eze 9:1 Then he cried in my ears with a loud voice, saying, "Bring near the executioners of the city, each with his destroying weapon in his hand."
Eze 9:2 And behold, six men came from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with his weapon for slaughter in his hand, and with them was a man clothed in linen, with a writing case at his waist. And they went in and stood beside the bronze altar.
Eze 9:3 Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherub on which it rested to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed in linen, who had the writing case at his waist.
Eze 9:4 And the LORD said to him, "Pass through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it."
Eze 9:5 And to the others he said in my hearing, "Pass through the city after him, and strike. Your eye shall not spare, and you shall show no pity.
Eze 9:6 Kill old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women, but touch no one on whom is the mark. And begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the house.

The mark of the beast denotes those who are loyal to the beast, who speaks for the dragon. They follow the false trinity, and receive its mark.

Rev 13:16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,
Rev 13:17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

The mark of the beast and the seal of God, are both about loyalty, dividing all of humanity in the end of time between those who follow God, and those who do not.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is something in Ezekiel that tells me that there is intelligent Extraterrestrial life...The Wheel with in the Wheel that descended from the sky.
I believe that there are benevolent aliens and malevolent aliens,locked in battle for supremacy.

I would not attribute that to alien activity.

A. Ezekiel did not speak to aliens in that encounter, but to God. In fact he sees a similar vision multiple times in the book, and always in association with speaking with God.

B. There are four wheels, and they are not in conflict, but they all work together.

C. The wheels are not in isolation but there are living creatures next to them, and the wheels and living creatures go the same direction. Note they are similar to the living creatures in Revelation in God's throneroom:

Rev 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald.
Rev 4:4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads.
Rev 4:5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God,
Rev 4:6 and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind:
Rev 4:7 the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight.
Rev 4:8 And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Eze 1:5 And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness,
Eze 1:6 but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings.
Eze 1:7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot. And they sparkled like burnished bronze.
Eze 1:8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus:
Eze 1:9 their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went.
Eze 1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle.
Eze 1:11 Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies.
Eze 1:12 And each went straight forward. Wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went.

They are later identified as Cherubim:

Eze 10:1 Then I looked, and behold, on the expanse that was over the heads of the cherubim there appeared above them something like a sapphire, in appearance like a throne.

These are clearly angelic beings who attend the Lord, praise Him, and serve Him.

And the wheels they use are for transport. There is an expanse over the wheels where the throne rests:

Eze 1:21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of an expanse, shining like awe-inspiring crystal, spread out above their heads.

Eze 1:26 And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance.
Eze 1:27 And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around. And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him.
Eze 1:28 Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

This is describing a means of conveyance. Think of litters which bore kings, or a combination litter/chariot.

The living creatures attend God in His throne room, as in Revelation. Even in the Old Testament sanctuary this was represented. Golden cherubim were carved into the mercy seat, and God met with them from above them, essentially from His throne. This represents the true sanctuary in heaven, with God's throne room and heavenly beings attending him.

Exo 25:19 Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end. Of one piece with the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends.
Exo 25:20 The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.
Exo 25:21 And you shall put the mercy seat on the top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the testimony that I shall give you.
Exo 25:22 There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel.

However, Ezekiel is not in Jerusalem. He is with the exiles in Babylon. And God has come to him, on a road trip if you will. This would be significant for the reader, because many people then held that the various gods were regional, and powerful in their own areas, but not able to go just anywhere.

Hence when Naaman was healed of his leprosy he asked to take some earth back from Israel so that he could worship the Lord. He still had notions of God being a regional god.

God here is seen as sovereign over all nations, and can go wherever He wants, in a glorious manner. And He comes to fortell the fate of the nation, by the use of another nation. God is not a regional god, but the One true God over all the nations, and this would be conveyed by the various visions in Ezekiel.

Later we see the chariot/litter again when he goes to judge the city in chapter 8-10. Here it appears the presence of God withdraws from the sanctuary, as the people have brought judgment and driven His presence from them.

So essentially the wheels are part of God's royal assembly when on the road.

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would not attribute that to alien activity.

A. Ezekiel did not speak to aliens in that encounter, but to God. In fact he sees a similar vision multiple times in the book, and always in association with speaking with God.

B. There are four wheels, and they are not in conflict, but they all work together.

C. The wheels are not in isolation but there are living creatures next to them, and the wheels and living creatures go the same direction. Note they are similar to the living creatures in Revelation in God's throneroom:

Rev 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald.
Rev 4:4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads.
Rev 4:5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God,
Rev 4:6 and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind:
Rev 4:7 the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight.
Rev 4:8 And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Eze 1:5 And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness,
Eze 1:6 but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings.
Eze 1:7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot. And they sparkled like burnished bronze.
Eze 1:8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus:
Eze 1:9 their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went.
Eze 1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle.
Eze 1:11 Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies.
Eze 1:12 And each went straight forward. Wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went.

They are later identified as Cherubim:

Eze 10:1 Then I looked, and behold, on the expanse that was over the heads of the cherubim there appeared above them something like a sapphire, in appearance like a throne.

These are clearly angelic beings who attend the Lord, praise Him, and serve Him.

And the wheels they use are for transport. There is an expanse over the wheels where the throne rests:

Eze 1:21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of an expanse, shining like awe-inspiring crystal, spread out above their heads.

Eze 1:26 And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance.
Eze 1:27 And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around. And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him.
Eze 1:28 Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

This is describing a means of conveyance. Think of litters which bore kings, or a combination litter/chariot.

The living creatures attend God in His throne room, as in Revelation. Even in the Old Testament sanctuary this was represented. Golden cherubim were carved into the mercy seat, and God met with them from above them, essentially from His throne. This represents the true sanctuary in heaven, with God's throne room and heavenly beings attending him.

Exo 25:19 Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end. Of one piece with the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends.
Exo 25:20 The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.
Exo 25:21 And you shall put the mercy seat on the top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the testimony that I shall give you.
Exo 25:22 There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel.

However, Ezekiel is not in Jerusalem. He is with the exiles in Babylon. And God has come to him, on a road trip if you will. This would be significant for the reader, because many people then held that the various gods were regional, and powerful in their own areas, but not able to go just anywhere.

Hence when Naaman was healed of his leprosy he asked to take some earth back from Israel so that he could worship the Lord. He still had notions of God being a regional god.

God here is seen as sovereign over all nations, and can go wherever He wants, in a glorious manner. And He comes to fortell the fate of the nation, by the use of another nation. God is not a regional god, but the One true God over all the nations, and this would be conveyed by the various visions in Ezekiel.

Later we see the chariot/litter again when he goes to judge the city in chapter 8-10. Here it appears the presence of God withdraws from the sanctuary, as the people have brought judgment and driven His presence from them.

So essentially the wheels are part of God's royal assembly when on the road.

Interesting :scratch: never heard it taught that way, or thought of it that way, but makes sense :idea:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums