pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Propitiation toward reconciliation was not possible before the cross.
Leviticus 23:6-8, Leviticus 23:14, 1 Corinthians 15:20-23
There could be no edification from the firstfruits until they had been waved before the Lord and accepted by Him. Once accepted the nation could be sustained for another year. Jesus, as the reality of the firstfruits, came to fulfill this everlasting ordinance by providing a means thru which all sinners could be forgiven, in repenting to receive the gift of everlasting life. What this means is that for the OT believers is that the means had not yet been opened to them because God had not yet accepted the offering that was foretold in the ritual. The offering had not yet been accepted. John 20:17, John 6:35, John 6:48,
John 5:39-40
“You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf. Yet you refuse to come to me to have life.​

The Lamb offering
Leviticus 23:12
On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to the Lord a lamb a year old without defect,,
Exodus 12:3-5
Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household. If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.​

The significance of the waving of a sheaf offering of the first-fruits is its newness as the very first of the first-fruits of the harvest.
Leviticus 23:14
You shall eat no bread or parched grain or fresh ears until that very day, until you have brought the offering of your God: it is a statute forever throughout your generations in all your settlements.
1 Corinthians 15:20-23
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.​

Accepting Christ as our Passover, we should also accept him as the first-fruit offering. This leads up to “The Feast of First-Fruits” otherwise known as “Pentecost”.
John 20:1
Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the tomb.
John 20:11-17
But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb; and she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had been lying, one at the head and the other at the feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to him in Hebrew, “Rabbouni!” (which means Teacher). Jesus said to her, “Do not hold on to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”​
Here we see that the Messiah had not yet risen to the Father. He had not yet become the first-fruit of all mankind.
The symbolism of the wave offering is the ascension of Jesus Christ to our Father as first of the first-fruits.

The timing of the ascension to the Father of Jesus Christ, and the sacrifice of the unblemished first-fruits lamb occurred at the same time. Just as the timing of the Messiah giving his life for mankind occurred at the same time as the unblemished Passover lamb was sacrificed.

The single male lamb without blemish is a commanded sacrifice on only two set apart feast dates. One being the Passover lamb and the other being, the Wave Offering lamb.
1 Peter 1:18-21
You know that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without defect or blemish. He was destined before the foundation of the world, but was revealed at the end of the ages for your sake. Through him you have come to trust in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are set on God.​

notes: https://nebula.wsimg.com/31add2f969...32A45CB098432D4AD&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Propitiation toward reconciliation was not possible before the cross.
Acceptance from God is the key to resurrection. I agree.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1) Heavenly calling:
Hebrews 3:1
So all of you holy brothers and sisters, who were called by God, think about Jesus, who was sent to us and is the high priest of our faith.​

2) Heavenly enrollment:
Hebrews 12:23
You have come to the meeting of God's firstborn children whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all people, and to the spirits of good people who have been made perfect.​

3) Heavenly Gift:
Hebrews 6:4
Some people cannot be brought back again to a changed life. They were once in God's light, and enjoyed heaven's gift, and shared in the Holy Spirit.​

4) Heavenly things:
]Hebrews 9:24
Christ did not go into the Most Holy Place made by humans, which is only a copy of the real one. He went into heaven itself and is there now before God to help us.
Hebrews 8:5
The work they do as priests is only a copy and a shadow of what is in heaven. This is why God warned Moses when he was ready to build the Holy Tent: "Be very careful to make everything by the plan I showed you on the mountain."​

5) Heavenly Holy Places:
Hebrews 9:23
So the copies of the real things in heaven had to be made clean by animal sacrifices. But the real things in heaven need much better sacrifices​

6) Heavenly Jerusalem:
Hebrews 12:22
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands of angels gathered together with joy.​

7) Heavenly Country:
Hebrews 11:16
But they were waiting for a better country, a heavenly country. So God is not ashamed to be called their God, because he has prepared a city for them.​

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

NDL

Sep 2, 2004
NYC Metro
Visit site
✟11,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What a fantastic thread!

Okay...here's one thing that carries weight with me: Matthew 23:

Matthew 23:14: "...(you) make long prayers"
The Pharisee's were known as a people who prayed.
Matthew 23:15: “...you travel land and sea to win one proselyte..."
The Pharisee's were known as a people that were dedicated evangelists.

Matthew 23:23: "...you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin..."
The Pharisee's were faithful and dedicated to the extent that they paid attention to the smallest details.
Matthew 23:28: "(you appear)...righteous to men"

The Pharisee's took care that their appearance contrasted the ugliness in the world.
You can do all of the "right" things in the Name of the Lord, but if your heart is wrong, your labor will burn up like chaff.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What a fantastic thread!

Okay...here's one thing that carries weight with me: Matthew 23:

Matthew 23:14: "...(you) make long prayers"
The Pharisee's were known as a people who prayed.
Matthew 23:15: “...you travel land and sea to win one proselyte..."
The Pharisee's were known as a people that were dedicated evangelists.

Matthew 23:23: "...you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin..."
The Pharisee's were faithful and dedicated to the extent that they paid attention to the smallest details.
Matthew 23:28: "(you appear)...righteous to men"

The Pharisee's took care that their appearance contrasted the ugliness in the world.
You can do all of the "right" things in the Name of the Lord, but if your heart is wrong, your labor will burn up like chaff.
Yes that is what all must keep in mind.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Food for thought on Incense, Perfume and Wine

Song of Solomon 3:6
Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?​

Travelling out of the wilderness toward the city of peace (Face set to Jerusalem) the city of peace.

Hebrews 7:2
To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;​

First is righteousness and then peace.
Like pillars of smoke indicates the power of the Holy Spirit leading still as in the wilderness.

Joel 2:30
And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.​

Blood and fire and pillars of smoke...upon who?

Joel 2:28-29
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.​

Smoke as a pillar....dependable established strength.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.​

Now look at what she's perfumed with. The new wine!

Incense, Perfume and Wine

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches.
That is abiding.
Abiding is for the purpose of producing fruit
stemming from being rooted in the Father,
but Jesus wants the new wine, the finished product.

Exodus 30:37-38
Do not make any incense with this formula for yourselves; consider it holy to the LORD. Whoever makes any like it to enjoy its fragrance must be cut off from his people."
Song of Solomon 2:12-13a
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Song of Solomon 7:12-13
Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom? there I will give you my love. The mandrakes send out their fragrance, and at our door is every delicacy, both new and old, that I have stored up for you, my lover.
Hosea 14:5-7
I will be like the dew to Israel; he will blossom like a lily. Like a cedar of Lebanon he will send down his roots; his young shoots will grow. His splendor will be like an olive tree, his fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon. Humankind will dwell again in his shade. He will flourish like the grain. He will blossom like a vine, and his fame will be like the wine from Lebanon.
John 12:2-4
Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
2 Corinthians 2:13-17
But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.​

New Wine vs the Wrath of His Winepress

Luke 23:35-37
The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One." The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, "If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself."
Luke 10:33-35
But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'
John 2:8-10
Then he said to them, "Now take some out and give it to the master of the feast."
So they took the water to the master. When he tasted it, the water had become wine. He did not know where the wine came from, but the servants who had brought the water knew. The master of the wedding called the bridegroom and said to him, "People always serve the best wine first. Later, after the guests have been drinking awhile, they serve the cheaper wine. But you have saved the best wine till now."
Revelation 19:15
Out of the rider's mouth comes a sharp sword that he will use to defeat the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will crush out the wine in the winepress of the terrible anger of God the Almighty.​

There were many excellent vineyards in Palestine
and wine was made for common use. Water was scanty,
especially at some seasons, and likely to be infected.
Milk and wine were therefore the common beverage.

Hebrews 5:13-14
Anyone who lives on milk is still a baby and knows nothing about right teaching. But solid food is for those who are grown up. They are mature enough to know the difference between good and evil.​

Bringing in the Ark

1 Chronicles 16:3
And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.
2 Samuel 6:19
And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.​

'Myrrh'

subjective suffering and value thereof/ bearing the odor and fragrance

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;​

Being perfumed means the bride being prepared for the bridegroom with the fragrance first absorbed thru skin, much as Jesus did in wearing the perfume to His buriel, and as we see in Esther, to emit her own natural ordor which as like fumes of smoke, removing offensive odors. Similarilly the indwelling of the Holy Spirit also emits the odour of sweet smelling favor.

Esther 2:12
Now when every maid's turn was come to go in to king Ahasuerus, after that she had been twelve months, according to the manner of the women, (for so were the days of their purifications accomplished, to wit, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with other things for the purifying of the women​

Frankincence
the second aspect.
A special reference to royalty.

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.​

and a life of prayer

Revelation 8:3-4 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.​

All the powders of the merchants,
points to the riches of the exalted life.

Matthew 13:45
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:​

All He has is hers because she is His. He is the merchant that enriched her, who sold to her all of which she needed.

Revelation 3:18
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.​

She obtained these precious things of grace at a price. Obedience and devotion that had stood every test. Her fragrant virtuos. The Spirit and the Bride say "Come Lord Jesus`` the bride has made herself ready.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since time began the father of death has been trying to kill the mother of all living. Beginning with Eve satan has been hellbent to dethrone women from their inheritance. A liar and a thief satan has lied about her and stolen from her. Why? Because she is the rightful heir alongside of Christ. As long as satan can dethrone women he can enthrone himself in the male myth and have everyone in his kingdom bowing at the throne of masculinity. Only those who bow at the throne of God are safe from satan. Only in submission to the Father, as Jesus was, can the bride of Christ be safe.

Wisdom is portrayed as female, the bride of Christ and the mother above, Jerusalem, also female. The counterfiet female of satan is religion gone bad.

The nation of priests began with male and female. Before the kings, God sought to have a priesthood of the Nazirite which is male and female, starting with Samuel, but the people choose to instate a king. After the exile, during the rebuilding of the temple, at the time of Esther, a pagan king brought in a ruling that men were heads of the household. That is the only law like that in the bible. The only law that Paul could have refered to that kept the women in submission to men. The bride of Christ in submission to the false religion. Why is that in submission to a false religion? Because it's a half truth. The full truth is that we are all the bride of Christ, those who are in submission to the Father. There are no kings between us.

The Father has made His covenent with the remnent and the Holy Spirit lives on in those who are His. Blessed be His name because He is the protector of the female while the world seeks to anihalate her. The father of death fights his wars on the backs of the female across the world today, while the bridegroom fights to bring her home. The Holy Spirit is Who is fighting in the world today, She is the living Word in us. The Father has fought for His bride Israel, the Son has done His part, now the Bride, the Holy Spirit, is the final stand. She is the only force for good, and the bible says that she will win.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Food for thought on progression of prophesy

Look to Romans 12:6-8 to see the progression of prophesy in this time of the new testament for the church.
Romans 12:6-8
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teaches, on teaching;
Or he that exhorts, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that rules, with diligence; he that shows mercy, with cheerfulness.​

Prophesy in verse 6 is direct revelation from God that speaks for God. It has to be remembered that in Hebrews 1 we're told that in times past God spoke to us thru prophets but in this day He speaks to us thru the Son. In a change from the old priesthood and into the new it has been scripturally pointed out that the old has passed away.

Always now prophesy is related to Christ and a deeper revelation of Him for the edification of the body. The mind of Christ for His own. There's many passages that anyone can look up for a word study on gaining the mind of Christ. When breaking that down it's something that all believers should have if they have truly laid themselves out as a living sacrifice (death to self) and that's just reasonable service. Prediction also can be included in prophesy. In any case it's light shining in the dark.

The next verse 7 relates to teaching, usually that which is revealed prophetically is taught. Teachers then would teach from conviction of the truth of what has been revealed to their hearts as truth according to the Holy Spirit within and always contained in scripture.

The verse following 8 is exhortation that is based on both of the above. All 3 are used for building the body up in stature leading to the fullness of Christ. And all of them supply life to the saints because of the straight line to the Father thru His Son for the body.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 13:14

The (1a)grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the (b)love of God and the (c)fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

141 The grace of the Lord is the Lord Himself as life to us for our enjoyment (John 1:17 and note 1; 1 Corinthians 15:10 and note 1), the love of God is God Himself (1 John 4:8, 16) as the source of the grace of the Lord, and the fellowship of the Spirit is the Spirit Himself as the transmission of the grace of the Lord with the love of God for our participation. These are not three separate matters but three aspects of one thing, just as the Lord, God, and the Holy Spirit are not three separate Gods but three "hypostases ... of the one same undivided and indivisible" God (Philip Schaff). The Greek word for hypostasis (used in Heb. 11:1 — see note 2 there), the singular form of hypostases, refers to a support under, a support beneath, i.e., something underneath that supports, a supporting substance. The Father, the Son, and the Spirit are the hypostases, the supporting substances, that compose the one Godhead.

The love of God is the source, since God is the origin; the grace of the Lord is the course of the love of God, since the Lord is the expression of God; and the fellowship of the Spirit is the impartation of the grace of the Lord with the love of God, since the Spirit is the transmission of the Lord with God, for our experience and enjoyment of the Triune God — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, with Their divine virtues. Here the grace of the Lord is mentioned first because this book is on the grace of Christ (1:12; 4:15; 6:1; 8:1, 9; 9:8, 14; 12:9). Such a divine attribute of three virtues — love, grace, and fellowship — and such a Triune God of the three divine hypostases — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit — were needed by the distracted and confused yet comforted and restored Corinthian believers. Hence, the apostle used all these divine and precious things in one sentence to conclude his lovely and dear Epistle.

This verse is strong proof that the trinity of the Godhead is not for the doctrinal understanding of systematic theology but for the dispensing of God Himself in His trinity into His chosen and redeemed people. In the Bible the Trinity is never revealed merely as a doctrine. It is always revealed or mentioned in regard to the relationship of God with His creatures, especially with man, who was created by Him, and more particularly with His chosen and redeemed people. The first divine title used in the divine revelation, Elohim in Hebrew, a title used in relation to God's creation, is plural in number (Gen. 1:1), implying that God, as the Creator of the heavens and the earth for man, is triune. Concerning His creation of man in His own image, after His own likeness, He used the plural pronouns Us and Our, referring to His trinity (Gen. 1:26) and implying that He would be one with man and express Himself through man in His trinity. Later, in Gen. 3:22 and 11:7 and Isa. 6:8, He referred to Himself again and again as Us in regard to His relationship with man and with His chosen people.

In order to redeem fallen man that He might again have the position to be one with man, He became incarnated (John 1:1, 14) in the Son and through the Spirit (Luke 1:31-35) to be a man, and lived a human life on the earth, also in the Son (Luke 2:49) and by the Spirit (Luke 4:1; Matt. 12:28). At the beginning of His ministry on the earth, the Father anointed the Son with the Spirit (Matt. 3:16-17; Luke 4:18) in order that He might reach men and bring them back to Him. Just before He was crucified in the flesh and resurrected to become the life-giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45), He unveiled His mysterious trinity to His disciples in plain words (John 14--17), stating that the Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son (John 14:9-11), that the Spirit is the transfiguration of the Son (John 14:16-20), that the three, coexisting and coinhering simultaneously, are abiding with the believers for their enjoyment (John 14:23; 17:21-23), and that all that the Father has is the Son's and all that the Son possesses is received by the Spirit to be declared to the believers (John 16:13-15). Such a Trinity is altogether related to the dispensing of the processed God into His believers (John 14:17, 20; 15:4-5) that they may be one in and with the Triune God (John 17:21-23).

After His resurrection He charged His disciples to disciple the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19); that is, He charged the disciples to bring the believing ones into the Triune God, into an organic union with the processed God, who had passed through incarnation, human living, and crucifixion and had entered into resurrection. Based on such an organic union, the apostle, at the conclusion of this divine Epistle to the Corinthians, blessed them with the blessed Divine Trinity in the participation in the Son's grace with the Father's love through the Spirit's fellowship. In this Divine Trinity, God the Father operates all things in all the members in the church, which is the Body of Christ, through the ministries of the Lord, God the Son, by the gifts of God the Spirit (1 Cor. 12:4-6).

The entire divine revelation in the book of Ephesians concerning the producing, existing, growing, building up, and fighting of the church as the Body of Christ is composed of the divine economy, the dispensing of the Triune God into the members of the Body of Christ. Chapter 1 of Ephesians unveils that God the Father chose and predestinated these members in eternity (Eph. 1:4-5), that God the Son redeemed them (Eph. 1:6-12), and that God the Spirit, as a pledge, sealed them (Eph. 1:13-14), thus imparting Himself into His believers for the formation of the church, which is the Body of Christ, the fullness of the One who fills all in all (Eph. 1:18-23). Chapter 2 shows us that in the Divine Trinity all the believers, both Jewish and Gentile, have access unto God the Father, through God the Son, in God the Spirit (Eph. 2:18). This indicates that the three coexist and coinhere simultaneously, even after all the processes of incarnation, human living, crucifixion, and resurrection. In ch. 3 the apostle prayed that God the Father would grant the believers to be strengthened through God the Spirit into their inner man, that Christ, God the Son, may make His home in their hearts, that is, occupy their entire being, that they may be filled unto all the fullness of God (Eph. 3:14-19). This is the climax of the believers' experience of and participation in God in His trinity. Chapter 4 portrays how the processed God as the Spirit, the Lord, and the Father is mingled with the Body of Christ (Eph. 4:4-6) so that all the members of the Body may experience the Divine Trinity. Chapter 5 exhorts the believers to praise the Lord, God the Son, with the songs of God the Spirit, and give thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, God the Son, to God the Father (Eph. 5:19-20). This is to praise and thank the processed God in His divine trinity for our enjoyment of Him as the Triune God. Chapter 6 instructs us to fight the spiritual warfare by being empowered in the Lord, God the Son, putting on the whole armor of God the Father, and wielding the sword of God the Spirit (Eph. 6:10, 11, 17). This is the believers' experience and enjoyment of the Triune God even in the spiritual warfare.

The apostle Peter, in his writing, confirmed that God is triune for the believers' enjoyment, referring the believers to the election of God the Father, the sanctification of God the Spirit, and the redemption of Jesus Christ, God the Son, accomplished by His blood (1 Pet. 1:2). And John the apostle strengthened the revelation that the Divine Trinity is for the believers' participation in the processed Triune God. In the book of Revelation he blessed the churches in different localities with grace and peace from God the Father, Him who is and who was and who is coming, and from God the Spirit, the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from God the Son, Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth (Rev. 1:4-5). John's blessing given to the churches indicated also that the processed Triune God, in all He is as the eternal Father, in all He is able to do as the sevenfold intensified Spirit, and in all He has attained and obtained as the anointed Son, is for the believers' enjoyment, that they may be His corporate testimony as the golden lampstands (Rev. 1:9, 11, 20).

Thus, it is evident that the divine revelation of the trinity of the Godhead in the holy Word, from Genesis through Revelation, is not for theological study but for the apprehending of how God in His mysterious and marvelous trinity dispenses Himself into His chosen people, that we as His chosen and redeemed people may, as indicated in the apostle's blessing to the Corinthian believers, participate in, experience, enjoy, and possess the processed Triune God now and for eternity. Amen

an exerpt from The Recovery Bible commentary

online NT reference @ lsm.org

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[QUOTE="~Cassia~, post: 72104402, member: 138827”]......
Most Christians these days have an unclear view of the reward system. Many use the doctrine of pergatory to explain away what is easily rightly divided in the Word in recognition of the difference between the millenium and eternity. Like the prophets of old who couldn't see the church age in the valley when viewing eternity, so too with these 2 trains of thoughts, they cannot see the valley of the millenium when viewing eternity. The prophets of old had an excuse.
1 Peter 1:12
It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in regard to the things that have now been announced to you through those who brought you good news by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look!​

AND this is definately Not confined to any specific denominations even tho they don't term it as pergatory.

Neither of these schools of thought recognize the reward of the kingdom; even moreso, they do not see the suffering of the loss of the kingdom reward. Both consider all the negative points in verses refering to the rewards as referring to perdition.

Otoh school A , believing in eternal salvation regards all the negative points of reward scripture as applying to the perdition of false believers; while school B, believing that a saved person will perish if he falls, regards these points as applying to the perdition of believers who have fallen.

But the complete revelation of the Bible shows that these negative points refer to the suffering of the loss of the kingdom reward. God's salvation is eternal; once we obtain it, we will never lose it John 10:28-29. But we may suffer the loss of the kingdom reward, even though we still will be saved 1 Corinthians 3:8, 1 Corinthians 3:14-15.

Hebrews 6 refers to those who have fallen away yet have repented in baptism, tasted of the heavenly (note John the baptist had the ministry of baptism of repentance) (not to be repeated) Hebrews 10 refers to those who never believed but treated His sacrifice as a common thing and insulted the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 12:28
Therefore receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us have grace, through which we may serve God well-pleasingly with piety and fear;​

The Hebrew believers had received the kingdom, but they risked losing the reward in the manifestation of the kingdom if they shrank back from the grace of God, from God's new covenant way.

The kingdom in its reality, or the reality of the kingdom, is an exercise and a discipline to us Matthew 5:3, 10, 20; Matthew 7:21 in the church today whereas the kingdom in its manifestation will be a reward and an enjoyment to us Matthew 16:27; Matthew 25:21, 23 in the millennial kingdom in the coming age.

If we take the Spirit's exercise and God's discipline in the reality of the kingdom today, we will receive the Lord's reward and enter into the enjoyment of the coming Sabbath rest Hebrews 4:9 in the manifestation of the kingdom in the coming age; otherwise, we will miss the coming kingdom, we will not be rewarded with the manifestation of the kingdom at the Lord's coming back, we will have no right to enter into the glory of the kingdom to participate in Christ's reign in the millennial kingdom, and we will lose our birthright and therefore will be unable to inherit the earth in the coming age, to be the royal priests serving God and Christ in His manifested glory, and to be Christ's co-kings ruling all the nations with His divine authority Revelation 20:4, 6.

This is the basic concept on which all five warnings in Hebrews are given and with which they are all pervaded. All the negative points of these warnings are related to the suffering of the loss of the reward in the coming kingdom, whereas all the positive points are related to the reward and enjoyment of the kingdom. All seven epistles in Revelation 2 and Revelation 3 conclude with this same concept — the reward of the kingdom or the loss of it.

Here's a list of scripture pertaining to rewards:
Matthew 5:20; Matthew 7:21-23; Matthew 16:24-27; Matthew 19:23-30; Matthew 24:46-51; Matthew 25:11-13, 21, 23, Matthew 25:26-30; Luke 12:42-48; Luke 19:17, 19, Luke 19:22-27; Romans 14:10, 12; 1 Corinthians 3:8, 13-15; 1 Corinthians 4:5; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27; 2 Corinthians 5:10; 2 Timothy 4:7-8; Hebrews 2:3; Hebrews 4:1, 9, 11;Hebrews 6:4-8; Hebrews 10:26-31, 35-39; Hebrews 12:16-17, 28-29; and Revelation 2:7, 10-11, 17, 26-27; Revelation 3:4-5, 11-12, 20; Revelation 22:12.[/QUOTE]​

That’s the usual argument between Calvinists and Arminians. It’s too bad most Christians don’t understand rewards. Hebrews 11:6 says 'And without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.’ Believing in rewards is pleasing to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Believing in rewards is pleasing to God.
Living in loving obedience to God and the honor of serving HIM is its own reward. Wanting any more than that is the sin of selfishness.

Gimme gimme gimme .......

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Living in loving obedience to God and the honor of serving HIM is its own reward. Wanting any more than that is the sin of selfishness.

Gimme gimme gimme .......
That’s not the point. The point is knowing who God is.

When has arguing against the character of God ever been conducive to good Christianity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hannah

The great significance of her contribution to the bible should be recognized by all theology teachers and any who communicate the bible to others.

-Hannah coined the term "anointed" in her prayer.
-She's the opening figure of the books of Samuel that contain the central thought of fulfilling God's plan thru human co-operation.
-In those books 1&2 Samuel we can see how we can and should enjoy Christ as our portion.
-That being right with God is a condition of that relationship.
-It also shows the negative side of non co-operation with God in the history outlined in the lives of Eli and Saul.
-In giving Hannah a son to fulfill her desire of her heart she exemplified what praying in accordance to the will of Gods was about. God was also fulfilling His desire to replace the Aaronic priesthood with a Nazarite priesthood.

God's name is called on in prayer. The Judaists prayed directly as you can see from Hannah's prayer for example or from Mary's direct prayer in the New Testament.

When you look at Hannah's prayer it was to Him who was majestic and almost beyond reach.
That same prayer was echoed somewhat in Jesus' mother's prayer.
Almost disbelief that the Great I Am would condescend to speak to so small a creature.
But the Lord brought forth His will thru both of them.

Now Jesus is the mediator, thru the Holy Spirit, to the Great Unknown.
He's there and knowable....now we can go boldly. He is the I Am.

It's the knowing that brings us to Him. Not the accent or pronouncement you use to say His name.
Knowing who He is Christian's have further understanding so a clearer path home to our mother the New Jerusalem.

Hannah’s Prayer
1 Samuel 2:1-10

Hannah's prayer expressed her understanding of scripture and the power she placed on God bringing about answered prayer. In giving Hannah a son to fulfill the desire of her heart she exemplified what praying in accordance to the will of God is about.
Numbers 6:2
The Nazarite Vow
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:

She vowed to give the son of her desire to God for work in His temple and in doing so God's desire was fulfilled to produce a leadership that came from a consecration to Himself.
1 Samuel 3:20
And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was confirmed as a prophet of the LORD.

Her fulfilling of the vow was an accomplished thing in her mind and she immediately gave to God the offering of thanks for His fulfillment of His vow to her in answering prayer.

From Easton's Bible Dictionary.

Nazarite (Hebrew form Nazirite ),
the name of such Israelites as took on them the vow prescribed in Numbers 6:2-21.

The word denotes generally one who is separated from others and consecrated to God. Although there is no mention of any Nazarite before Samson, yet it is evident that they existed before the time of Moses.

The vow of a Nazarite involved these three things,
(1.) abstinence from wine and strong drink,
(2.) refraining from cutting the hair off the head during the whole period of the continuance of the vow, and
(3.) the avoidance of contact with the dead.

When the period of the continuance of the vow came to an end, the Nazarite had to present himself at the door of the sanctuary with
(1.) a he lamb of the first year for a burnt-offering,
(2.) a ewe lamb of the first year for a sin-offering, and
(3.) a ram for a peace-offering.

After these sacrifices were offered by the priest, the Nazarite cut off his hair at the door and threw it into the fire under the peace-offering.

For some reason, probably in the midst of his work at Corinth, Paul took on himself the Nazarite vow. This could only be terminated by his going up to Jerusalem to offer up the hair which till then was to be left uncut.

But it seems to have been allowable for persons at a distance to cut the hair, which was to be brought up to Jerusalem, where the ceremony was completed. This Paul did at Cenchrea just before setting out on his voyage into Syria
(Acts 18:18).

On another occasion (Acts 21:23), at the feast of Pentecost, Paul took on himself again the Nazarite vow.
"The ceremonies involved took a longer time than Paul had at his disposal, but the law permitted a man to share the vow if he could find companions who had gone through the prescribed ceremonies, and who permitted him to join their company.
This permission was commonly granted if the new comer paid all the fees required from the whole company (fee to the Levite for cutting the hair and fees for sacrifices), and finished the vow along with the others.

Four Jewish Christians were performing the vow, and would admit Paul to their company, provided he paid their expenses. Paul consented, paid the charges, and when the last seven days of the vow began he went with them to live in the temple, giving the usual notice to the priests that he had joined in regular fashion, was a sharer with the four men, and that his vow would end with theirs.

Nazarites retired to the temple during the last period of seven days, because they could be secure there against any accidental defilement" (Lindsay's Acts). As to the duration of a Nazarite's vow, every one was left at liberty to fix his own time.

There is mention made in Scripture of only three who were Nazarites for life, Samson, Samuel, and John the Baptist (Judges 13:4, Judges 13:5; 1 Samuel 1:11; Luke 1:15).

In its ordinary form, however, the Nazarite's vow lasted only thirty, and at most one hundred, days.

This institution was a symbol of a life devoted to God and separated from all sin, living a holy life.

Hannah's prayer is prophetic also. The prophecies of Hannah really look deeply into the kingdom of Christ, as the kingdom of grace. And here is the first time also is name MESSIAH, or his Anointed is introduced.

Her vow brought forth the fulfillment of the new priesthood thru Samuel. God will never be w/o a representative of that vow in His court because although often they are neither priests nor levites, nor appear to have had any post in the temple service, yet in a constant course of regular devotion, they stand before God, to minister to him. Here's another example from the book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah 35:14-19

Hannah set an exemplary model of co-operation with God thru a prayer life that issued from the abundance of her heart. Her prayer asking of God was done in silence but her victory song/prayer is recorded for us.
It portrays the wave offering designated to the Nazarite vow of consecration. (this was offered up as a victory of finished business with the Lord) see previous post.

There's a huge difference between offering prayer for ourselves and intercession; the difference can be seen at the altar in the outer court and at the altar of golden incense in the Holy Place and it represents the difference of Christ's earthly work and His work as the only High Priest.

At the altar in the outer court our sins are dealt with.
These are washed away at the laver as we daily wash our hands and feet, our work and our walk, of the daily dust of being in the world.
Jesus says we are to do this for each other as well, when He gave the example of washing the disciples feet;
referring to the dust of each other's contact with the world.

However this isn't intercession to be given at the golden altar.
The golden altar is for giving to God's work, prayers that are associated with God's work, that are in alignment with what the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are doing to further the Kingdom.
This is the joining of prayer with the only High Priest, and the incense being presented in the heavenly tabernacle. The bride and the Spirit saying come to the only wise King thru these prayers.

Nazarites are the overcomers who work priestly work, not kingly work, and who replaced those who were using strange fire. Both kingly and priestly work are needed in His Kingdom that will be fully revealed at His coming.

Deeds are what Christ looks at. God looked at the actions of Hannah and honored her greatly. In the same way Christ spoke of the woman who anointed Him for His buriel. Two bookends to a story.
Hair of the Nazarite is the picture of the covering of God obtained by consecration, that is, sanctification. Being set apart by dedication to His faithfulness, God’s propitiation covers us in grace.

The separation to be a holy offering ( which is our reasonable service) unto the Lord, is the living spring of spiritual strength.

Nazarite hair is the symbol of submission to God. God covers over natural tendencies and fleshly life so that only the image and likeness to God is made evident.

Subjection, parallel to the outline of Christ and the church, is the only means to show forth the authority of God to the world. The world has the shadow but Christian’s have the substance. Consecration and dedication is the strength of a believer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums