Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The story behind your avatar. What made you pick it.

I'll start with mine. It began life as an image created by two artists for use as a Facebook avatar for Navy Veterans and Grumman Employees with some kind of attachment to the F-14. My attachment is that I am a member of the F-14 Tomcat Association. It turns into a logo when trapped in a circle which Facebook does with the profile photo. I like the one with the red and yellow. The light blue sky variant is the 'official' version.

Last edited:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i likes light'nin' bugz.

big-smile2-smiley.gif

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My avatar has the statement "The stone crushes the eye" in English and in Arabic.

The relevance? In Egypt and in middle eastern societies a lot of people believe that covet can have actual effects. That is, if you buy a new car, and someone sees it and talks about how good the car is and how he/she wishes to have it.. then there is a risk you will make an accident. (Lame belief I know, however it has relevance. Boasting what we have in front of those who don't have can lead God to take the protection off what we have unless we repent)

So? They say something like "The eye crushes the stone". The eye of who? The person who coveted. (In their belief)

I also noticed the promotion of the eye of Horus in the media previously many times and how the single seeing eye is seen as special by the world.

So? Who is our corner stone? Jesus. As written in the Bible.

Hence? The stone (Jesus) crushes the eye (Horus or Satan). Which is contrary to the middle eastern belief that the eye crushes the stone. It cannot :)

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I recently visited a museum in which an ancient Sator Square was displayed. I had heard of them before but I decided to do more research when I got home, and I discovered that it has a Christian meaning.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Kia did a promotion with Hamstars. So I found this pick when looking for something to use. I had a few, but this one stuck.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much says it all.
The gospel is the power of God unto salvation. All in the name of Jesus!

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
William Blake (1757-1827) is a poet and painter. I was drawn to his illustrations for the Book of Job and Dante's The Divine Comedy. He was something of a genius and mad-hatter, yet I like his biblical paintings.

My avatar is The Woman Taken in Adultery, cir. 1805

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The story behind your avatar. What made you pick it.

I'll start with mine. It began life as an image created by two artists for use as Facebook avatar for Navy Veterans and Grumman Employees with some kind of attachment to the F-14. My attachment is that I am a member of the F-14 Tomcat Association. It turns into a logo when trapped in a circle which Facebook does with the profile photo. I like the one with the red and yellow. The light blue sky variant is the 'official' version.
We live near Shaw AFB... home of F16s. Love to watch them fly in formation over the house. That is the sound of safety.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I change my avatars out occasionally. This current one is of St. Moses the black.
One reason I picked it was the inscription he was holding.

Affliction lasts but a short time, peace lasts forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I change my avatars out occasionally. This current one is of St. Moses the black.
One reason I picked it was the inscription he was holding.

Affliction lasts but a short time, peace lasts forever.

I change mine periodically, but this one I think is going to be keeper, because it looks so nice small.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If I recall correctly (I don't actually have it saved on my computer anymore, I don't think), it's the altar from the Coptic Orthodox portion of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I recall correctly (I don't actually have it saved on my computer anymore, I don't think), it's the altar from the Coptic Orthodox portion of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.
I have always loved the interiors of the old orthodox and catholic churches.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
...a manga, drama, and anime about a high school kid who despises history accidentally taking a fall and wakes up in another era, looking identical to a famous daimyo in Japan, who urgently decides to switch places with him to escape his problems, ending up staying for decades there fulfilling all that was written about him in the history textbooks without knowing it. In this picture, the real daimyo's wife falls in love with the man from the future who is vastly different in personality than the one who ran away from the clan as head.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟146,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
My current avatar is a drawing I made. The characters are Silver the Hedgehog from Sonic (because he's my current favorite character) and his friend Chinon (who I made up). They are jumping with a blue sky in the background. The inspiration for this drawing was simply that the image came to me one day and I wanted to draw it.

I often use my drawings for my avatar since I like to draw.

Upvote 0