Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm very sorry for your loss. I think it would be wonderful to have the gift to create a painting like that. I'd definitely like to see it sometime! :thumbsup:

I saw way more paintings I'll post later, I loveee paintings of the ocean, sand, and I actually really like paintings of sea turtles lol
Thanks Jennie :) It was about two years ago, but he had an amazing talent for painting. I don't think he ever charged for them, just gave them a way for free. This is the one he gave us:
100_2307.jpg

Here's a painting I did back in elementary school (sometime between 6th and 8th grade). It was the first painting I ever did, and also had a summertime scene:
100_2095.JPG

This isn't technically summertime art nor is it a painting, but still thought it was relevant. Just picked this up today. :oldthumbsup:
100_2308.jpg

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks Jennie :) It was about two years ago, but he had an amazing talent for painting. I don't think he ever charged for them, just gave them a way for free. This is the one he gave us:
View attachment 228976

Here's a painting I did back in elementary school (sometime between 6th and 8th grade). It was the first painting I ever did, and also had a summertime scene:
View attachment 228977

This isn't technically summertime art nor is it a painting, but still thought it was relevant. Just picked this up today. :oldthumbsup:
View attachment 228975

I love that painting!

And.. :bigeye: I love your painting you did! Do you still paint? You should paint something :satisfied:

ALso are you derailing my art thread with wine??? Because if so. I totally accept this. :p That wine is actually so pretty I don't mind calling it art. :p I like that style of bottle. Is it tasty?

And to be fair... at art gallery shows they do serve wine, so it goes hand in hand. :D

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I love that painting!

And.. :bigeye: I love your painting you did! Do you still paint? You should paint something :satisfied:

ALso are you derailing my art thread with wine??? Because if so. I totally accept this. :p That wine is actually so pretty I don't mind calling it art. :p I like that style of bottle. Is it tasty?

And to be fair... at art gallery shows they do serve wine, so it goes hand in hand. :D
Haha, I am most certainly not trying to derail your thread. :p ...So what type of wine does everyone prefer??

Actually, it is an artistic photo of a bottle of (delicious) Zinfandel wine, so it still counts as art right? ^_^ It's quite good, more of a sweet social wine I believe.

Thank you. :oldthumbsup: I don't really paint anymore, except for physical models. When I have time, I would love to get into it again.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Random story time:

About 5 years ago for my Dad's birthday I made a card like usual, and Mom made a banner that said Happy Birthday, etc and I drew a picture. I don't know why I thought to draw a picture but I did, even though I cannot draw like at all... I can draw stick figures and thats basically it. lol

So I drew a picture of "Dad, Mom, Rascal and myself" at a picnic table with a bowl of chips, and some other food, and a bottle of coke with a cake too I think. Also at the end of the table is a large gift (that actually was Rascal but I messed up severely on drawing him and just turned it into a box with a bow lol). I taped it up on the wall and when Dad got home he goes "Aww where'd you find this??" and I go "What do you mean?" and he goes "That had to be when you were like 5 or 6, I feel like I remember this one!" "Dad... I just drew that. Today." "OH! Oh. Well. It's lovely, I love it!!" lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I like the style of anime, I have come across some really awesome digital paintings as well.

Hyanna Natsu is an anime artist who does commissions and recently did a commission for a game on iOS. Look her up on Deviant Art, she's really good with her style.

WOLP is a digital painter - and an excellent one, also on Deviant Art

They both have YouTube as well.

Currently I am trying to incorporate both styles into my own art. ^_^ Also still trying to learn Clip Studio Paint. :swoon:

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jennie's back so I shall welcome her back with some art >: D

Went on a trip with my church recently to a museum and art collection at a different town a couple hours from me. Took a few pics of some I liked.
Screenshot_20180713-000942.png
Screenshot_20180713-000948.png

Screenshot_20180713-000958.png

The last one is meant to reflect the fact that when the coal mine disasters happened in that place, killing many, nobody took responsibility for it (thus washing their hands clean of it).

The second one is my favorite though.

Upvote 0