Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do we have three crosses, as its been one of the major representations visually of the crucifixion. On one hand you have the unrepented, who was unbelieving and more than likely wasn't even considerate of what he had done, he was not remorseful.

On the other hand we have the man who was a thief, likely that it wasn't his first time and had much reason for his personal conviction because he could see that his life decisions had repayed him and was sentenced to death, an aweful death.
He had heard about the Lord, and was willing to believe in Him, even if it was after
he had lived a life of transgression.

The Lord who was innocent, and sentenced to death on a cross,
was a man who was crucified
and in this case the representative of innocent blood,
and righteousness. We see that He was condemned for having done good,
and it is for this reason that there is ramifications for mankind
Because if you kill off the righteous, or hold back, then all that is left is those of a lesser estate.

This was the case with David and one of his most devoted battalions in the kingdom of
Israel of Judah in his day. His main concern were his men dying and making sure he was doing the right thing, although it was the warfare of the time,
Uriah the Hittite.
2 Samuel 11

The Covenant was broken when David had piled his transgressions into one act of going against the Lord, and sent an innocent man to die, and forgotten about the Lord completely.

another example would be

Cain and Abel

The answer is that we appropriate our decisions and behavior to avoid shedding innocent blood.
We do this for the Lord, that we may be counted innocent in the Day of Jesus Christ.
And that we have done some good in the world, and have made our stay on the God given earth of worth
We were born for a reason, lets not neglect what the Lord has given us.

Thank you
God Bless
Praise The Lord Jesus Christ

I will have time tomorrow to go into more on this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why do we have three crosses, as its been one of the major representations visually of the crucifixion. On one hand you have the unrepented, who was unbelieving and more than likely wasn't even considerate of what he had done, he was not remorseful.

On the other hand we have the man who was a thief, likely that it wasn't his first time and had much reason for his personal conviction because he could see that his life decisions had repayed him and was sentenced to death, an aweful death.
He had heard about the Lord, and was willing to believe in Him, even if it was after
he had lived a life of transgression.

The Lord who was innocent, and sentenced to death on a cross,
was a man who was crucified
and in this case the representative of innocent blood,
and righteousness. We see that He was condemned for having done good,
and it is for this reason that there is ramifications for mankind
Because if you kill off the righteous, or hold back, then all that is left is those of a lesser estate.

This was the case with David and one of his most devoted battalions in the kingdom of
Israel of Judah in his day. His main concern were his men dying and making sure he was doing the right thing, although it was the warfare of the time,
Uriah the Hittite.
2 Samuel 11

The Covenant was broken when he had piled his transgressions into one act of going against the Lord, and sent an innocent man to die, and forgotten about the Lord completely.

another example would be

Cain and Abel

The answer is that we appropriate our decisions and behavior to avoid shedding innocent blood.
We do this for the Lord, that we may be counted innocent in the Day of Jesus Christ.
And that we have done some good in the world, and have made our stay on the God given earth of worth
We were born for a reason, lets not neglect what the Lord has given us.

Thank you
God Bless
Praise The Lord Jesus Christ

I will have time tomorrow to go into more on this post.
Probably because the three crosses (with the center one being more prominent) immediately calls to mind the specific event being represented...which you recounted yourself in your original post as you attempted to frame your question for us.

Upvote 0

privatepop

May 1, 2011
Visit site
✟23,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The number three is featured many times in the account of the cross. The number 3 points to God's purpose of what is in view.

Mat 26:2, Ye know that after two days (the third day) is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Mk 14:13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him (list 3).

Mat 26:3, Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people (list 3), unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,

Mat 26:34, Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat 26:37, And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee (three), and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

Mat 26:44, And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Jn 18:3, Judas then, having received a band of men and officers (list 3) from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons (list 3).

Mat 26:61, And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

Lk 23:22, And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.

Mat 26:75, And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Mat 27:3, Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty (3 x 10) pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Lk 24:38, And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew (list 3), THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Mk 15:25, And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.

Mat 27:38, Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.

Mat 27:41, Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders (list 3), said,

Mat 27:45, Now from the sixth hour was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour (for 3 hours).

Mat 27:56, Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children (list 3).

Mat 27:63, Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

Mat 27:64, Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

Mk 16:1, And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome (list 3), had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Part of the Covenant of the New Testament

What must one believe to be saved.

Good, Evil, God, the Devil, Righteousness, Wickedness, Repentance, Faith, the spiritual world, Mercy, Love, and that the Lord in fact had the power to come as a man and trumped the devils self righteousness by living a life of truth, righteousness, and for the reason of establishing justice, died for the sins of all. Becoming the preeminence over the principalities and the inheritor of all things.

The Father, The Son, Through the Holy Spirit.
Given that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit through Mary, A virgin birth.

Concerning us being the body of Christ, the followers of the Progenitor of our faith and spiritual kingdom of compassion and mercy.

The First Born who had passed through the fire of our transgressions and shortcomings
paid the debt of our sinful and obstinate ways that was the cause of His death and yet
willingly gave up his life that He may have shown us perfect compassion, willing to make himself an example of what perfect righteousness is. That we may have something to honor, knowing that there was a man who came from providence and the Divine to prove a point, and justified all who are willing to be witness to Him, and by His actions establishing Himself as the King. The most righteous man who ever lived.

New International Version
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

King James Bible
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

and of course

English Standard Version
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

New King James Version
“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

New King James Version
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

1 Peter 2:12
Conduct yourselves with such honor among the Gentiles that, though they slander you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
Luke 17:21 Nor will people say, 'Look, here it is,' or 'There it is.' For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.
Matthew 10:16 Behold, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves; therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
1 Peter 2:12 Conduct yourselves with such honor among the Gentiles that, though they slander you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us.
Matthew 28 BSB
Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up His garments by casting lots.
John 18:38 "What is truth?" Pilate asked. And having said this, he went out again to the Jews and told them, "I find no basis for a charge against Him.

The hope of not only our salvation but also the welfare of the rest of the world, and the possibility
of reconciling us all to God.
Amen

18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciplesd of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Amen.
Amen
Amen.

New King James Version
Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots.

God Bless
In Jesus Christ in love,
for love knows no boundaries
God Bless

New International Version
“What is truth?” retorted Pilate. With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, “I find no basis for a charge against him.
John 18:38

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The grace that would be available through the Holy Spirit once He had given himself up to the justice of the pharisees, and triumphed over all and brought both judgment and justice amongst man becoming the spiritual righteousness of God. Communing with the Lord allowed for that spiritual bread and drink to become available to those who are willing to believe on Him, because Grace was now available to those, who would embody His character.
Doing so the reference to his blood and flesh truly being food and drink. He was foreshadowing the value of His self sacrifice as it would come to be. Thats why John focuses more on Jesus's Deity and less on the series of events of his life.

English Standard Version
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
John 6:55
John 6:55 For My flesh is real food, and My blood is real drink.

New King James Version
for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
James 1:20
James 1:20 for man's anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires.

Upvote 0

privatepop

May 1, 2011
Visit site
✟23,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Six days before Passover.
Jn 12
[4] Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, [5] Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred (3 x 10 x 10) pence, and given to the poor? [6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. [7] Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

Upvote 0