The apologia of the cosmos. Evidence of God

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I do not need to refer to it. I will take you at your word. If I have offended you I am sorry. Accept my deepest apologies if you will.

Nice attempt to make it look like I'm being emotional in pointing out the details of your tactics here.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not need to refer to it. I will take you at your word. If I have offended you I am sorry. Accept my deepest apologies if you will.

Elio,

I think you probably have figured out by now, that duplicating WLC's tactics aren't going to get you where you want to be with this group. I'm sure most people have seen most of WLC's debates on youtube and understand his circular arguments and where they are full of holes.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Where do I want to be?
Good point!
I guess as far as I am concerned that´s the most disturbing part of having these conversations with you:
Looking at the tactics and strategies you use, I can´t manage to get any idea whatsoever where you want to be or get with this group.
Maybe you can fill us in so that we can help you better to get what you want in this group?

Upvote 0
E

Elioenai26

Good point!
I guess as far as I am concerned that´s the most disturbing part of having these conversations with you:
Looking at the tactics and strategies you use, I can´t manage to get any idea whatsoever where you want to be or get with this group.
Maybe you can fill us in so that we can help you better to get what you want in this group?

I do not want anything from anyone here. I am not here to receive anything, but to serve.

I have stated this before, I am here to listen, to help, to encourage, to love, and to let skeptics know that God loves them just like He loves anyone else. I am here because I am a skeptic and was once godless. I can relate to a lot of the intellectual and emotional/psychological struggles unbelievers have. I have been called to become all things to all men. To the skeptic I can relate and talk and speak a language that he understands. I am here to correct a lot of the misconceptions that skeptics/unbelievers/atheists/non-theists have about Christianity.

For example, misconceptions like:

1. Faith and reason are mutually exclusive/opposed to one another
2. Christians are just superstitious
3. Belief in Christ is not reasonable or justifiable
4. Christians are not tolerant of other religions
5. Christianity is just one of many religions and all of them are ultimately the same.
6. Christianity and science are opposed/mutually exclusive
7. There are no intellectual Christians....etc. etc.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I do not want anything from anyone here. I am not here to receive anything, but to serve.

I have stated this before, I am here to listen, to help, to encourage, to love, and to let skeptics know that God loves them just like He loves anyone else. I am here because I am a skeptic and was once godless. I can relate to a lot of the intellectual and emotional/psychological struggles unbelievers have. I have been called to become all things to all men. To the skeptic I can relate and talk and speak a language that he understands. I am here to correct a lot of the misconceptions that skeptics/unbelievers/atheists/non-theists have about Christianity.

For example, misconceptions like:

1. Faith and reason are mutually exclusive/opposed to one another
2. Christians are just superstitious
3. Belief in Christ is not reasonable or justifiable
4. Christians are not tolerant of other religions
5. Christianity is just one of many religions and all of them are ultimately the same.
6. Christianity and science are opposed/mutually exclusive
7. There are no intellectual Christians....etc. etc.
These goals are not really reflected by your strategies and tactics. I Guess I could hell you best by ignoring all the posts that are counterproductive to your goals?

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Is that really necessary? Many atheists were formerly believers.

Do you think you can achieve those goals by spreading misconceptions about atheists?

Upvote 0
E

Elioenai26

Do you think you can achieve those goals by spreading misconceptions about atheists?

I have not spread any misconceptions about atheists. If you can refer me to a specific instance in which you tbink I have done this then please do so and I will explain what I meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

By the calculus of Heaven (infinite bliss) and Hell (infinite suffering), anything and everything is justified if it saves a soul.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have not spread any misconceptions about atheists. If you can refer me to a specific instance in which you tbink I have done this then please do so and I will explain what I meant.

You have repeatedly spread misconceptions about atheists. For instance, you have stated that atheism is equivalent to nihilism, and you have repeatedly insinuated to the same effect.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I disagree.

It is never justifiable to disobey God.
What if you didn't know the order was from God?
What if you were never told "It is never justifiable to disobey God"?

Suppose a voice in your head claims to be God, and then commands you to kill your child. What do you do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

Elioenai26

[QUOTE =Wiccan_Child;63608157]What if you didn't know the order was from God?

Suppose a voice in your head claims to be God, and then commands you to kill your child. What do you do?[/QUOTE]

If I did not know If the order was from God, then I would be about trying to determine if it was from God or not.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE =Wiccan_Child;63608157]What if you didn't know the order was from God?

Suppose a voice in your head claims to be God, and then commands you to kill your child. What do you do?

If I did not know If the order was from God, then I would be about trying to determine if it was from God or not.[/QUOTE]

I thought you had a personal relationship with the god, and could recognize his voice?

:confused:

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If I did not know If the order was from God, then I would be about trying to determine if it was from God or not.
How do you determine if it's God's voice or not? What distinguishes God's voice from schizophrenia?

What if the voice said "Kill your child immediately and without delay"?

Upvote 0