• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Answer: HATE The Sin

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings in Christ to whoever happens to read this!

I have recently gotten delivered from sexual addiction after almost 30 years as a Christian. I think the reason was because I simply didn't hate sin enough, but as the scripture says, "God makes a way of escape." For me, that escape was the enemy using something I had said in private to someone - someone whom I thought was a old time friend operating under an alias and whom I always liked a great deal - against me in public to vilify me as a someone who was supposedly engaging in "sexual harassment." I can't tell you how much I despise sexual immorality and sexual sin right now. I hate it with a passion. The enemy will be made to suffer for how he has characterized me, and I swear it on my soul that for the rest of my days I will make him pay for it.

But I believe now this is the sort of thing that God arranges in our lives to finally break us free of bondages. He knows we have to come to that place where we HATE and DESPISE SIN, and will not longer tolerate it in our lives in any way, shape, or form, EVER, not either in private or in public.

I now know this is THE key too getting delivered from sin, ALL sins that is, so I offer this thread as advice to those still struggling. There will come a solution one day, so continue praying for your answer, and just trust God. When the time is right, the way of escape will appear, and your deliverance will be glorious in Him.

Blessings again to all who read these words,
Hidden In Him

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings in Christ to whoever happens to read this!

I have recently gotten delivered from sexual addiction after almost 30 years as a Christian. I think the reason was because I simply didn't hate sin enough, but as the scripture says, "God makes a way of escape." For me, that escape was the enemy using something I had said in private to someone - someone whom I thought was a old time friend operating under an alias and whom I always liked a great deal - against me in public to vilify me as a someone who was supposedly engaging in "sexual harassment." I can't tell you how much I despise sexual immorality and sexual sin right now. I hate it with a passion. The enemy will be made to suffer for how he has characterized me, and I swear it on my soul that for the rest of my days I will make him pay for it.

But I believe now this is the sort of thing that God arranges in our lives to finally break us free of bondages. He knows we have to come to that place where we HATE and DESPISE SIN, and will not longer tolerate it in our lives in any way, shape, or form, EVER, not either in private or in public.

I now know this is THE key too getting delivered from sin, ALL sins that is, so I offer this thread as advice to those still struggling. There will come a solution one day, so continue praying for your answer, and just trust God. When the time is right, the way of escape will appear, and your deliverance will be glorious in Him.

Blessings again to all who read these words,
Hidden In Him
I fully agree. Through the power of His Holy Spirit we will see our sin and truly repent from it because we "hate" it. Be blessed.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0