✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 22:1-19

Isaac was grown enough to shoulder a load of wood, and mature enough to understand the elements of a sacrificial procedure. So in my estimation he wasn't a child, but was strong enough to easily escape and evade his father's intentions had he wished. There was no one to assist Abraham to restrain Isaac; the servants had all stayed behind with the burro. And besides, sans Isaac's consent, the whole affair would've amounted to little more than a ritual murder.

It's good to keep that in mind regarding Jesus' offering of himself on the cross. God needed His son's consent before proceeding, just as Abraham needed Isaac's. Both could've easily avoided death had they so chosen. You know, I really have to admire their mettle; those two guys were tough cookies.

FYI: If we can safely assume Sarah's death immediately followed the event, then Isaac would have been 37 when he and Abraham went to the mountain seeing as how Isaac's mom was ninety when he was born.

NOTE: A technical point often overlooked in the "human sacrifice" issue is that in every instance banning the practice in the Old Testament, it is underage children that are condemned as offerings-- innocent children; viz: babes; and in particular, one's own. (e.g. Lev 18:21, Lev 20:2-5, Deut 12:31, Deut 18:10, cf. 2Kgs 16:3, 2Kgs 17:31, 2Kgs 23:10, 2Kgs 21:6, Ps 106:34, Ezk 20:31, Ezk 23:37, Jer 7:31, Jer 19:4, Jer 32:35).

I have yet to encounter an instance where God expressed abhorrence at sacrificing a consenting adult. In point of fact; were all adult sacrificing wrong, then Christ's crucifixion for the sins of the world would be null and void.
_