Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John is saying if we claim to have no sin, we are a liar; so either a believer does have sin or he is a liar (which is a sin).
And you just ignored Paul in Romans 7.....Is he also without the Holy Spirit if he admits to sin? Or could it just possibly be your own beliefs are out of sync with scripture?

John says "if we claim we have no sin" because all have sinned, in which case it is then necessary to become born of God, to then be caused to not sin, and thus fulfill what he also says, "he who is born of God cannot sin". You must reconcile both scriptures, and one does not negate the other, as scripture does not contradict. Even so, Paul spoke of himself when he walked in the flesh, which is why he later claims to no longer walk in flesh, and has also been freed from sin that he previously had. I've outlined all of these things in my study. Read, and perhaps God will be kind and let you understand.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
John says "if we claim we have no sin" because all have sinned, in which case it is then necessary to become born of God, to then be caused to not sin, and thus fulfill what he also says, "he who is born of God cannot sin". You must reconcile both scriptures, and one does not negate the other, as scripture does not contradict. Even so, Paul spoke of himself when he walked in the flesh, which is why he later claims to no longer walk in flesh, and has also been freed from sin that he previously had. I've outlined all of these things in my study. Read, and perhaps God will be kind and let you understand.
Go back and read; they were both speaking in present, not past, tense. I know the scriptures discombobulates your belief system but acceptance of the Holy Spirit would make it clear to you.......

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Go back and read; they were both speaking in present, not past, tense. I know the scriptures discombobulates your belief system but acceptance of the Holy Spirit would make it clear to you.......

Look how easily you discard "he who is born of God cannot sin" by referencing another scripture "if we claim to be without sin", yet you say scripture "discombobulates" my beliefs, when it is I who on the contrary, has presented reasoning to account and harmonize both scriptures.

If you don't want to believe the scriptures I have presented, then don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0