Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Moore's Law says that the number of transitors on a chip doubles every 18 months.

Moore's law is on the rocks, the sizes of the transistor is becoming so small that the laws of averages won't work anymoore.

Very sad joke I know.:)

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I stopped at this. It's impossible to take someone seriously when they post about technological developments in the late 18th and early 19th centuries as if they just now hit the scene.

Maybe you're just happened on an explanation for why John keeps rambling on about no evidence for evolution and doctors are bad - he thinks it's 1806, not 2006.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you're just happened on an explanation for why John keeps rambling on about no evidence for evolution and doctors are bad - he thinks it's 1806, not 2006.

If it were only 1806 he's living in. Methinks it is more like 1506.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Haldane's dilemma seems to be about the fact that in order to have natural selection, you have to kill off members of a population.

Anyway, my primary issue with Haldane's dilemma is that I think it mostly limits the amount of time before a particular mutation becomes prevalent in the genome. I don't think it limits the number of beneficial mutations that can become prevalent in a given time frame: why can't beneficial mutations spread in parallel?

Imagine, for instance, a situation where you have a large number of nomadic groups that primarily remain separate. If each group is under relatively strong selective pressure, one might expect a majority of the groups to obtain genetic mutation improvements within a few dozen generations.

Every once in a while, the groups intermingle, either through war (and subsequent rape), or more peaceful relationships. This allows the beneficial mutation or mutations of one group to intermingle with those from another, allowing the mingled groups to now obtain both sets of beneficial mutations.

One doesn't need, of course, to have such minglings rare; it's just that it takes time before a gene spreads throughout one group, such that there will be some lag time between when a gene is introduced (mutation or contact with another group), and when it becomes prevalent enough to be passed on to other groups through contact.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and through such a picture, one might expect that warlike groups who had evolved more intelligence than their neighboring groups might gain an advantage in conflicts between groups, allowing for even faster spreading of such genes.

Upvote 0

Opcode42

Aug 19, 2006
✟15,389.00
Faith
Atheist
I am the one that wastes a lot of time on here because no one knows anything about evolutionary theory. Even most Phds in Biology know very little about it.

The subject here is "COST". The cost of evolution. The way science works is you have to KNOW the keywords. That is also the way Google works. So if you memorize KEY words then you can find information about that very fast in this day and age.

In this case we are talking about COST along with EVOLUTION or NATURAL SELECTION. The tread is wide open to anything that has to do with the "cost" Here is an example:

Whats most amusing, and sad, about all of this, is even when confronted with your lack of ability to present sources for your arguments, you still fail to do so. You post a quote, without a source, or any discussion of what you think this quote means and how it substantiates your claims.

I know most people were never trained in formal debate, I certainly wasn't, but you would expect someone that has as many posts on this board as you do, and most being in a science section, to have learned how to form a cohesive, substantiated argument that is based on documented research and sources, and not ones own opinions.

Someday, take a look around this board at the people with high reputation to post count ratios. They have one major difference from you, they substatiate their claims, and see their threads through even when they have to admit their mistakes.

I have to ask here. Someone suggested Megolomanic-ism(sp?) as a possible real source for this form of behavior. I wonder if this is not entirely in jest. Have you been diagnosed or suffered from any type of mental trauma?

I do not ask this to belittle or joke, but as a serious question. Have you consulted a psychologist about your seeming inability to stay on one topic for any length of time?

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
when confronted with your lack of ability

How can that be? It is against the rules to "confront" someone for their "lack of ability". I do not respond to posts like that, I just report them. It is against the rules for me to deal with people like that myself.

We are not here to discuss my ability or lack of ability.

Upvote 0

Abongil

Veteran
May 3, 2006
✟16,603.00
Faith
Atheist
Do a little research on what evolutionists have to say about the COST of evolution. While evolution maybe a strawmen theory I am not the author. Evolutionists are the ones that invent evolutionary theory. The more I study it, the more I learn about it, the more I realize that the average person knows nothing about it or almost nothing about it. Even people with Phds know almost nothing about it, outside of the area they are researching.

1 Cor. 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

So all of a sudden, 54 Year old JohnR7 with (do you even have a High school diploma?) comes in, does some research for 2-3 months and knows more about it than PhDs who have been studying it for the past 10+ years. Way to go John, you showed them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Now that the industrial revolution is in full swing, they have come up with what they call the 90% theory. This theory says that in a lot of cases it is cheaper to throw away 10% of what you manufacture then it is to try and hit a 100% efficency rate.

So evolutionists are trying to apply this efficiency to evolution. They say that it is easier for put out 90% efficient species. Then dump the 10% or make a adjustment so they can not reproduce. That way evolution can dump all of the errors in that 10% in order to get rid of them.

does anyone know if this is an application of the 80:20 rule?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm still waiting for John to admit that he's been messing with us since he made his account.
I thought John could be the EAC's take on Operation Gladio. He's probably responsible for at least twenty members that will never consider creationism after seeing him in action.

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON : Thread is closed for staff review , in the meantime , please review the following :

2.1 No Flaming

You will not "flame" other members or groups of members. Flaming includes, but is not limited to:
- Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members;
- Ridiculing another member's beliefs;
- Ridiculing public figures important to another's beliefs;
- Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian;
- Asking loaded questions that directly cause flames in response;
- Using sarcasm to attempt any of the above; and
- Threats of any sort.

2.9 No Off-Topic

You will not 'de-rail' or 'hijack' threads by making posts unrelated to the original post or other posts in the thread. You will not create threads unrelated to the topic of a forum or subforum.

Update : Due to excessive violations staff has determined that thread will remain closed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.