New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The outcry happens every day in the neighborhoods, community meeting, and locally-produced media. I live in Baltimore and these conversations are happening all the time.
That's also true, my friend owns a bar down in Baltimore, he hears a lot of this.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Very often remarks like this appear to have an anti-law enforcement agenda. Citing statistics that are intended to make it seem that police are hunting and killing black people only.

Well that's good, we want our police hunting and killing all the people. :p

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to.

There are plenty of others speaking out as well. I'm sure you can find some of them if you are truly interested in researching this subject.

Cheers! Good for you! Glad to see a fellow poster who feels others should do their own homework and we don't have to cite numerous sources just because someone requested it.

Bravo! I thought I was the only one.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Cheers! Good for you! Glad to see a fellow poster who feels others should do their own homework and we don't have to cite numerous sources just because someone requested it.

Your idea of whose responsibility it is to provide sources is backwards. Did you never have to write a paper in school and provide footnotes/citations for the claims in your paper?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

But you didn't do your homework, did you? You were completely unaware of the numerous voices presented in this topic speaking out against black crime.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Your idea of whose responsibility it is to provide sources is backwards. Did you never have to write a paper in school and provide footnotes/citations for the claims in your paper?

It's the ultimate 'Get Out of Argument Free' card.

Make a statement, say something is true. Then, when people question it and ask where you got the information from, claim that they're lazy for not looking it up themselves and challenge them to find it.

If they find it, they're supporting your argument.

If they don't, then they're just not looking hard enough, or better yet, they don't WANT to find it.

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't have to.

There are plenty of others speaking out as well. I'm sure you can find some of them if you are truly interested in researching this subject.

"If" being the key word.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Like the thesis for my Masters?

Why do some, when confronted with hard truth have to turn things personal to the poster instead of stay on the topic of the thread.

Does insulting or trying to demean the poster bolster your position?

Isn't there a rule somewhere about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many of the 238 deaths from altercations with police were judged proper use of deadly force?

Compare the remaining number, single digits, to the 2,400 deaths at the hands of fellow African Americans.

Every life is precious and no one deserves to die at the hands of a maniac.

Police misconduct should be handled quickly and decisively with greater force and penalties than civilian. They should be held to a higher standard.

But should the 2,400 matter any less. Should lives be less noteworthy because they met a violent death at the hands of a fellow African American? Should their cause and their voice be just as loud, if not louder?

Like the stats show. Take out officer hommicides and you still have thousands and thousands needlessly dying.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Like the thesis for my Masters?

Why do some, when confronted with hard truth have to turn things personal to the poster instead of stay on the topic of the thread.

Ok, let's talk about the topic.

How much research have you actually done on the subject? Have you actually tried to go out and find the things you're asking for? Were the questions in your OP honest questions or were they merely an excuse for you to criticize Al Sharpton, BLM, and the entire black community?

Does insulting or trying to demean the poster bolster your position?

Does insulting Al Sharpton bolster your position?

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Very often remarks like this appear to have an anti-law enforcement agenda. Citing statistics that are intended to make it seem that police are hunting and killing black people only.
That's a heck of a phrase to use there I must say. However, I get why it applies. Threads like this imply just that. Police are killers. The outrage is that they're targeting only the black race so in point of fact your phraseology does reflect what many threads in these forums imply.

It's the same type of agenda that calls racism the fact that there are more black people in prison than any other race. It isn't that crime put those inmates there. It is the fact they're to be thought to be there solely because they're black. And white privileged America cages them because they're black.

Meanwhile, media rarely reports as regularly, people rarely discuss as regularly, black on black homicides. And not surprisingly, that in an atmosphere where an anti-law enforcement racist militant hate group like Black Lives Matter hopes to dismiss those black on black homicide statistics by focusing attention on how bad America is because there are police working here.

And keeping America safe from all colors who hope to prey on the weak, the vulnerable, those who have something the criminal minded want.

324,000 U.S. Blacks Killed by Blacks In Only 35 Years
These numbers represent roughly 926 blacks have been murdered every year by other blacks.

New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime
Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, July 1, 2015

NCFS-Table.jpg

Interestingly, we find that violent interracial crime involving blacks and Hispanics occurs in almost exactly the same proportions as black/white crime: Blacks are the attackers 82.5 percent of the time, while Hispanics are attackers only 17.5 percent of the time.

Some observers argue that what causes the overwhelming preponderance of black-on-white over white-on-black violence is “chance of encounter,” due to the fact that there are five times as many whites as blacks in the American population. However, there are only about 30 percent more Hispanics than blacks, yet black-on-Hispanic violence is almost as lopsided as black-on-white violence. This suggests blacks may be deliberately targeting both whites and Hispanics.

The 800lb. gorilla in the room is the predisposition to make black people perpetual victims of cops. Rather than holding all people responsible for their violent actions. And also, for not realizing that without police the numbers would be a lot higher than they are now.

I'd recommend people stop hoping police go away by their implications that police are the problem in America. Because God forbid they ever do American's are going to all feel what it is to be victim of hate crime perpetrated by all colors against all targets.
It's race baiting.
It's the white people's fault. All that nonsense that attempts to impart the idea that white pride, white privilege, Christian privilege, is what makes America a racist nation against one race; blacks.

In the process of extolling the virtues of that brand of disguised black racism, what's actually being promoted is blacks are not accountable for their actions. They're owed something for slavery. They're targeted because they're black not because the criminals incarcerated earned their way behind bars, etc...

The title for this thread itself reflects a fear to offend based on preconceived notions of racial pejoratives.
That should tell you the programming has an affect on those who exercise free speech to condemn whites, but are terrified to speak truth about blacks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The title for this thread itself reflects a fear to offend based on preconceived notions of racial pejoratives.
That should tell you the programming has an affect on those who exercise free speech to condemn whites, but are terrified to speak truth about blacks.

Whoa. Okay. What is the truth about blacks?

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In 2014 there were 238 deaths of African Americans in altercations with Police.

That is 238 too many in my opinion. I also understand we live in a less than idealistic world and bad things happen. Cops make mistakes and people attempt to harm cops. Neither is good.

These stats fuel an entire segment of our political world and are the sources for even violence in these communities and on national TV.

The 800 pound seagull is the number of African Americans that are killed by African Americans is 2,412.

If we were to bring to and end of all deaths of African Americans by police, there would still be 2,174 African Americans being killed by their own race.

Where is the outcry? Where is the protests? Why isn't Mr. Sharpton giving $100,000 a pop speeches against this?

Will position, power and money end this?

Asians kill asians.

Whites kill whites.

Latinos kill latinos.

The ["race" on "race"] crime isn't the problem worthy of comparing to the deaths due to police.

Police represent an institution of power - specifically in law and order. And, when any institution of power has a consistent and historic abuse against certain people, that is a major problem, and trust issue. Police in America have a consistent and historic abuse bias against Black people - from planting evidence to actual killings (and getting away with it.)

It isnt the same as [ethnic on ethnic] crime.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The outcry about police comes from the fact that unlike black civilians, they are the ones entrusted and employed to protect the people, so when they cross that line, it is considered a much worse betrayal.

In terms of police...pretty much this. People make more of a stink about police engaging in that behavior because they're the ones who are supposed to be preventing it.

It's along the same lines as if a news story came out about a fireman playing around with gasoline and accidentally catching a building on fire. People would be more upset than if it was a story about some regular dude doing it.

Who says no one speaks out against violence within the Black community?

There is an outcry, but there is a huge disparity in terms of media coverage and social media outrage based on the races of the folks involved.

Look at the media circus that takes place for some of the cases. (and then the almost non-existing coverage for others)

Roderick Scott (a black adult male in his 40's) observes white 17 year old Christopher Cervini engaging in what he felt was "suspicious behavior". He calls the cops, and then, ignores there advice to simply keep an eye on it from his window, and instead, grabs his handgun, and decides to play cop. The exchanges ends in Scott shooting and killing Cervini. Scott is acquitted in accordance with stand your ground laws.
(the notes about this story sound quite a bit like another news story???)

Gwen Jenrette observes a teen breaking into her home on her remote security feed, calls the cops...and instead of waiting for them to get there and handle it, she decides to go home, and ends up shooting the teen as he's trying to flee
(it got a blip in a few local Miami newsapers)

Now, compare that to the massive outrage/outcry we saw in the Zimmerman case (even though, aside from the races of the 2 parties being reversed, is almost identical to the Scott/Cervini case)

The fact that 99% of people probably never even heard of the first 2 cases listed, yet Zimmerman is a household name, illustrates my point very well.

To be clear, there should always be some outrage and public discussion when someone shoots someone else when they didn't deserve it, or decides to grab their gun and play cop (in spite of instructions to the contrary given to them from actual cops). However, there's no denying that there is a huge disparity in outrage and public response for the different scenarios.

Black adult shoots white kid: little to none
Black adult shoots black kid: little to none
White adult shoots black kid: DISCRIMINATION! INSTITUTIONAL RACISM! GUN PROBLEM! BRUTALITY!

I realize this disparity in outrage can be attributed to the media's quest for "covering the juiciest story that will spark the most chatter"...thus the reason why Roderick Scott and Gwen Jenrette got a blip on a few local newspapers, and are probably living completely normal lives with nobody even knowing who they are.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, the title has to do with a phrase I use continually at work when dealing with difficult issues.

We call them seagulls. Because getting into the issues is like fishing with seagulls all around you.

They fly in, crap all over you and leave.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The ["race" on "race"] crime isn't the problem worthy of comparing to the deaths due to police.

And that is the problem.

Because the "race on race" murder rate is thousands of times greater.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.