poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This word of encouragement was sent to me today, I thought it was good..... :)

The Spirit Guides Us!
----------------------

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

--------------------
The wonderful thing about the Holy Spirit in the life of the Church is simply that he is there.

Many people have the notion that the Church's claim to infallibility is some arrogant swagger of superiority. But suppose you met someone who said, "I'm kinda dumb and not very good at remembering things. And I'm prone to wander when I should be working and paying attention. So I've been given a guardian who makes sure that I don't lose what I was entrusted with, since if I do, no one else will have a chance to enjoy the gift I was given."

You wouldn't instantly come away with the impression that such a person was arrogant. At best, you might think them a little dim and their guardian a saint of patience and perseverance.

Well, that dim bulb is called the Church and her long-suffering guardian who protects the gift of the gospel is the Holy Spirit. He sticks with us and reminds us of the treasure of the faith so that we never misplace it. That's all infallibility means. Today, thank God the Spirit for his eternal vigilance on our behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.