✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 15:46 (NASB20)
However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As with all God’s dealings with fallen man, that which is of the outward must come first; it being, one believing that Christ did sacrifice Himself on the cross for the forgiveness of one’s sins…. Then that which is spiritual comes, it being, believing that Christ took the believing one also to death with Him when He died on the cross….

That which is of the outward must come first, being that which the human will chooses to believe, then that which is spiritual comes, that which that same believing believes, by adding one’s death on the cross with Christ to that same faith….

For this is the spiritual faith of a Christian, that which turns one from a carnal believer into a spiritual believer; one believing that when Christ died on the cross He took the sinful one with Him to death, thereby freeing one from the law by fulfilling the law concerning the sinner which reads; ‘the soul that sins, that soul shall die’…. This is the Christian’s spiritual faith, believing this truth, and believing into this truth…..

For struggle as much as one will against sin, one will never find victory but in the way of this faith; believing that when Christ died on the cross He took the believing one to death with Him, so that by faith it might be made true , ‘it is no longer I who live, but Christ that lives in me’….. This is that which is spiritual, that which comes after, which when the faith of it comes, becomes one’s very life, and the very heart of it… For the faith that becomes one’s very life is the faith one is to live by…..

Be blessed in the faith of the very heart of life….

A fellow follower, Not me

• Wow
Reactions: Unqualified

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m still struggling against sin. I still struggle against my flesh. But I’m getting better at it.
These words take before God;

Only a live person struggles with sin, a dead one reckon themselves dead and lives by faith in another…

These words may sound pretentious, but ask God, because freedom from sin is found in this truth…

Will be standing with you before His throne, blessings, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These words take before God;

Only a live person struggles with sin, a dead one reckon themselves dead and lives by faith in another…

These words may sound pretentious, but ask God, because freedom from sin is found in this truth…

Will be standing with you before His throne, blessings, Not me

but we still have a flesh that we must reckon dead everyday. It is an ongoing thing. Your flesh just doesn’t die. It has to be reckoned dead as it appears. To lead astray or be enticed. Unless you mean like the Gnostics that the flesh and all it’s doings doesn’t really matter and does not. Affect the spiritual man. Even if let go to do it’s thing and sin. But, no matter!

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but we still have a flesh that we must reckon dead everyday. It is an ongoing thing. Your flesh just doesn’t die. It has to be reckoned dead as it appears. To lead astray or be enticed. Unless you mean like the Gnostics that the flesh and all it’s doings doesn’t really matter and does not. Affect the spiritual man. Even if let go to do it’s thing and sin. But, no matter!
It is true, it is not the sinful nature that has died, for it is still very much alive as experience teaches all to well, but it is believer that has died to it ….

It is like if right this very instant you were to fall over dead and in a couple of minutes Mr. Sin would comes by and say ‘come on, get up, lets go sin’, you would be incapable of responding because you were dead… This is the freedom a man has in Christ has once they ‘see’ they have been taken to death on the cross with Christ….

Once again don’t believe a word I write, but take them before God, for the seeing that needs to be seen can only come from Him, for one will be set free once they are willing to die rather then sin…

Standing with you before Him, a brother in the faith, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t doubt that what you say is correct in theory especially toward the major willful sins that take action and thought and planning and time. Maybe like when David with bathsheba. If David then all of us are capable of the same. But if we are dead then less likely.

david said he was steeped in sin like a tea bag, permeated all through him. We are but dust and flesh. As people we sin everyday by falling short of the perfection and holiness which is God. I repent often and ask God to cleanse of all iniquity. All that tarnish and erosion and unclean ness..

The truth is in admitting this to God and staying humble before Him. To me anyway. And to try to be a good servant.
To stay in relationship as servant to master, to do as He says and keep loving him with our lives.

i enjoy talking with you, @Not me , i like what you have to say. And just that you write back and don’t argue, your demeanor and can both be open- I like that. Hmf!

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t doubt that what you say is correct in theory especially toward the major willful sins that take action and thought and planning and time. Maybe like when David with bathsheba. If David then all of us are capable of the same. But if we are dead then less likely.

david said he was steeped in sin like a tea bag, permeated all through him. We are but dust and flesh. As people we sin everyday by falling short of the perfection and holiness which is God. I repent often and ask God to cleanse of all iniquity. All that tarnish and erosion and unclean ness..

The truth is in admitting this to God and staying humble before Him. To me anyway. And to try to be a good servant.
To stay in relationship as servant to master, to do as He says and keep loving him with our lives.

i enjoy talking with you, @Not me , i like what you have to say. And just that you write back and don’t argue, your demeanor and can both be open- I like that. Hmf!
Scripture says; ‘he that has died is freed from sin’… It is understanding this truth that frees one from sin….

Ask yourself; why was Paul accused of preaching a gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’…? It is because people don’t see what the foundation of the Christian faith is, which is our death in Christ, so people don’t walk in newness of life, which is all accessed by the faith of the heart…. For it is to the degree one sees into and walks in this truth, to that degree will one be set free from sin…. Which one is always seeing deeper into, for no one has arrived, there is and will always be a deeper degree of Christ to see into….. It is this seeing into that is being discussed….

But you are His servant so keep pursuing Him with all the heart you can, and if by chance what I write is true, God, in His time will open up what truths in you He wants….

Many blessings as you pursue Him, a fellow pursuer of our Great God and Savior the Lord Jesus Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is true, it is not the sinful nature that has died, for it is still very much alive as experience teaches all to well, but it is believer that has died to it ….

It is like if right this very instant you were to fall over dead and in a couple of minutes Mr. Sin would comes by and say ‘come on, get up, lets go sin’, you would be incapable of responding because you were dead… This is the freedom a man has in Christ has once they ‘see’ they have been taken to death on the cross with Christ….

Once again don’t believe a word I write, but take them before God, for the seeing that needs to be seen can only come from Him, for one will be set free once they are willing to die rather then sin…

Standing with you before Him, a brother in the faith, Not me
What you're saying has a hint of the truth in it, but I do believe you are straying a bit from the truth. Reconing ourselves "to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Ro 6:11) is not about being immune to every day temptations. It is about the great gulf that separates the "truly holy and righteous" persons we have become in Christ (i.e., the "new man" in Eph 4:24) from the fleshly persons we are in Adam (i.e., the "flesh" of Ro 7:18).

We ARE alive to God in Christ, so we SHOULD consider it to be so. Believing it to be so does not make it so. It is true, so we should believe it. I'm talking about Christians, of course, not those who have not rested all their weight on Christ.

The sins that come from out of the flesh do not dictate the terms and conditions of our new relationship with God because we "are not under law but under grace" (Ro 6:14). With the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2) we "serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin" (Ro 7:25)

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus". (Ro 8:1)​

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Co 10:12–13)​

For a long time now, I have seen in these verses a truism that few want to embrace, namely that "wilful sins" occur every time we give in to temptation. Since God gives us a way out with every temptation He allows, we must choose sin over His provided way out if we give in. This should end for all time any notion that the flesh can be trained through spiritual disciplines to be good, and should for all eternity enshrine in our hearts the desperate need we have for Jesus' sacrifice to cover all our sins. Walking free of condemnation gives us the ability to put behind us the sins of our past and reach forward to what lies ahead in Christ (Phil 3:12) as we walk in lock step with His Spirit in whom we live (Ga 5:25).

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What you're saying has a hint of the truth in it, but I do believe you are straying a bit from the truth. Reconing ourselves "to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Ro 6:11) is not about being immune to every day temptations. It is about the great gulf that separates the "truly holy and righteous" persons we have become in Christ (i.e., the "new man" in Eph 4:24) from the fleshly persons we are in Adam (i.e., the "flesh" of Ro 7:18).

We ARE alive to God in Christ, so we SHOULD consider it to be so. Believing it to be so does not make it so. It is true, so we should believe it. I'm talking about Christians, of course, not those who have not rested all their weight on Christ.

The sins that come from out of the flesh do not dictate the terms and conditions of our new relationship with God because we "are not under law but under grace" (Ro 6:14). With the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2) we "serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin" (Ro 7:25)

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus". (Ro 8:1)​
Being dead in Christ makes one immune to all the influences of this world, not that they are gone, just makes one incapable of being obedient to them, the same as any dead man would be….

For by faith does one grab unto one’s deaths in Christ, for to the degree one does, to that degree will one be set free from sin….

But as the Spirit of Christ in you guides you, may you be blessed upon blessed….

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Being dead in Christ makes one immune to all the influences of this world, the same as any dead man would be….
This is the same false argument that 5-point Calvinists make about faith not being possible for spiritually dead people. What you said is not true unless you are speaking of the "true righteousness and holiness" of the new man (Eph 4:24). Speaking of the new creatures we have become in Christ through spiritual birth, John said, "Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." (1 Jn 3:9) This is the only place on earth today that sinless perfection exists.
For by faith does one grab unto one’s deaths in Christ, for to the degree one does, to that degree will one be set free from sin….
This is not true. Being set free from sin comes when a person puts their trust in Christ. And when a person is set free from sin, it is complete, not partial.
  • 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. (Ro 6:17–18)
  • But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. (Ro 6:22)

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the same false argument that 5-point Calvinists make about faith not being possible for spiritually dead people. What you said is not true unless you are speaking of the "true righteousness and holiness" of the new man (Eph 4:24). Speaking of the new creatures we have become in Christ through spiritual birth, John said, "Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." (1 Jn 3:9) This is the only place on earth today that sinless perfection exists.

This is not true. Being set free from sin comes when a person puts their trust in Christ. And when a person is set free from sin, it is complete, not partial.
  • 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. (Ro 6:17–18)
  • But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. (Ro 6:22)
As your heart bears witness or not to my writings, may you be blessed in that witness, for it is the heart that needs to bear witness to the truth of something or not….

May you be obedient and blessed as the Spirit of Christ teaches you Himself, and may you be blessed in your relationship with Jesus…

Unto Him be our all, a fellow believer, Not me

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Co 10:12–13)​

For a long time now, I have seen in these verses a truism that few want to embrace, namely that "wilful sins" occur every time we give in to temptation. Since God gives us a way out with every temptation He allows, we must choose sin over His provided way out if we give in. This should end for all time any notion that the flesh can be trained through spiritual disciplines to be good, and should for all eternity enshrine in our hearts the desperate need we have for Jesus' sacrifice to cover all our sins. Walking free of condemnation gives us the ability to put behind us the sins of our past and reach forward to what lies ahead in Christ (Phil 3:12) as we walk in lock step with His Spirit in whom we live (Ga 5:25).
i think I see a correction in there somewhere or an encouragement and furthering. And I see your point that every sin is a willful sin.. what I mean by sin is the the good works of men are filthy rags. That we always fall short of Gods perfection and holiness. It’s inherent because we are only men. I just don’t have the scripture base to prove my point. Fall short’ is not found in the KJV.

I can accept that point. Are you sinless then? In this point of view?

Reactions: B Griffin
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As your heart bears witness or not to my writings, may you be blessed in that witness, for it is the heart that needs to bear witness to the truth of something or not….

May you be obedient and blessed as the Spirit of Christ teaches you Himself, and may you be blessed in your relationship with Jesus…

Unto Him be our all, a fellow believer, Not me
One of the basic principles of Christianity is that the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. This is especially applicable to the interpretation of the Scriptures which He Himself inspired to be written. It is imperative that we trust Him (not our hearts) as He leads, guides, and directs us. Hopefully you can find agreement with this.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the basic principles of Christianity is that the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. This is especially applicable to the interpretation of the Scriptures which He Himself inspired to be written. It is imperative that we trust Him (not our hearts) as He leads, guides, and directs us. Hopefully you can find agreement with this.
Scripture says; let the peace of Christ in your heart rule, we are blessed as we do, for where else did He come to make His abode…

Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture says; ‘he that has died is freed from sin’… It is understanding this truth that frees one from sin….

Ask yourself; why was Paul accused of preaching a gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’…? It is because people don’t see what the foundation of the Christian faith is, which is our death in Christ, so people don’t walk in newness of life, which is all accessed by the faith of the heart…. For it is to the degree one sees into and walks in this truth, to that degree will one be set free from sin…. Which one is always seeing deeper into, for no one has arrived, there is and will always be a deeper degree of Christ to see into….. It is this seeing into that is being discussed….

But you are His servant so keep pursuing Him with all the heart you can, and if by chance what I write is true, God, in His time will open up what truths in you He wants….

Many blessings as you pursue Him, a fellow pursuer of our Great God and Savior the Lord Jesus Christ, Not me

death to sin, but new life in Christ. The new life is not a sinless life. Only Jesus was ever sinless. You are not claiming to be sinless since you have greater and greater understanding. But maybe you don’t sin greatly anymore- not perfect. Alive to Christ…. All the scripture is Christ’s life. We fall short in the execution of it. David was a terrible dad. Judah did not judge his daughter correctly. Peter made a mistake along the way. Death of the old man is very useful. Alive to Christ is very good. My life is good with me as I’ve stated. This is how Christ is revealed to each of us, or the father is revealed by Christ. Each life works well. Our gifts and weaknesses are where Christ has come in and completed us. No harm no foul. It is all positive voices of praise At this point. Edification?

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
death to sin, but new life in Christ. The new life is not a sinless life. Only Jesus was ever sinless. You are not claiming to be sinless since you have greater and greater understanding. But maybe you don’t sin greatly anymore- not perfect. Alive to Christ…. All the scripture is Christ’s life. We fall short in the execution of it. David was a terrible dad. Judah did not judge his daughter correctly. Peter made a mistake along the way. Death of the old man is very useful. Alive to Christ is very good. My life is good with me as I’ve stated. This is how Christ is revealed to each of us, or the father is revealed by Christ. Each life works well. Our gifts and weaknesses are where Christ has come in and completed us. No harm no foul. It is all positive voices of praise At this point. Edification?
‘The new life is not a sinless life’, this is true, it is obvious your relationship with Christ is on its course… As you continue on your course may you be blessed with an abundance of Himself….

May today be more of Him then yesterday, and tomorrow, more still….

Blessings, Not me

Upvote 0