Wales
✟111,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
What verse or passage in the Bible really speaks loudly to you?

Maybe it's the verse that got you too believe... maybe made it all make sense to you... touched your heart... comforted you... helped you the most... or for whatever reason, is the most significant or moving for you?

Please share..

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At different times, friend, different verses in the Holy Bible speak special to me. As to salvation of our eternal soul for Heaven, some as those in John 3; John 14; Acts 4:12; Romans 8; I Jn. 5:12, etc. In other spiritual life matters there are numerous verses that address the need for our good and God's glory in LIVING in the Christian life, once truly saved forever. One should search the four Gospel books, and note the several Epistles (church letters) for what our Creator-God is saying to us. Would a Buddhist be interested in that too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are so many, sheesh, but I do like this one:

“And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Not any more than so many others, but it paints such a beautiful picture in my mind.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Maybe it's the verse that got you too believe... maybe made it all make sense to you... touched your heart... comforted you... helped you the most... or for whatever reason, is the most significant or moving for you?

Please share..

Jeremiah 31:31-34, Deuteronomy 6:4-7.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Please share..

The following is a good passage, it was written 800 years before Christ came, and speaks of his death for sins.

Isa 53:1-12 Who hath believed our message? and to whom hath the arm of Jehovah been revealed? For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who among them considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due? And they made his grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in his death; although he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased Jehovah to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of Jehovah shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by the knowledge of himself shall my righteous servant justify many; and he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

Job 19

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
[Luk 22:61 NKJV] 61 And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said to him, "Before the rooster crows ..."

I think this is my new spirit animal.
My mother, born and raised in South America, knew well the habits of roosters, who crow throughout the evening, usually a certain predictable time. To her, the saying meant, simply enough, "Before such and such a time..."

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There are quite a few.

The one that's been in my mind for the last couple months is 1 Corinthians 15:58,
"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

It's part of the chapter that I hadn't focused much on until recently when N.T. Wright highlighted it several times in his work Surprised by Hope.

The context for the passage is the hope of the resurrection of the dead, the Apostle having argued intensely for the resurrection, and what the resurrection of the body means, he follows that up with this benediction and reminder: That the work we do here in the world is not meaningless.

At the same time, by coincidence, I was also listening to Atlantic City by The Band, and the chorus stood out to me,

"Everything dies, baby, that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies some day comes back

Put your makeup on, fix your hair up pretty
And meet me tonight in Atlantic City
"

It's what I have in bold that stood out to me. I'm aware that there's nothing religiously significant about the song, it's just that the lyrics happened to pop out at me around the same time I was listening to Surprised by Hope.

That line, "maybe everything that dies some day comes back" is one I really like here.

The question of whether anything in this life matters is a serious one, and in a way gets deep into our own existential sense of self and place in the universe.

Does death win? Does entropy win? Is it really the case that everything that once was, never will be again? Are lives snuffed out forever? Will the sun consume this planet before decaying into a small white dwarf, and then finally decay to nothing when in the trillions of years in the future the universe finally succumbs to heat death, and entropy wins?

Our relationships? The joys of seeing our child's first smile? The wondrous feelings we have looking at the sunset? The love we shared with our significant other as we watched the sun come up together? The laughs we shared with friends while watching silly movies? All the ways my dog annoys me and makes my life better because of it? All of our art, our music, our paintings. Is it all destined to become bone, ash, and ultimately the decaying atoms of an old dead universe? Is that it? Is that really it?

Jesus rising from the dead answers that question with a resounding NO. That isn't it at all. Death doesn't get the last word. Decay is not the fate of everything. Entropy doesn't win. The universe and everything in it matters, and has purpose, meaning, and significance that will endure forever. Because everything truly good will never be lost.

God's answer to all the misery and death in our world is that life is worth living, because life--not death--wins. Therefore our works in the Lord are not in vain.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Please share..

John 15:1-7 made me reevaluate my entire theology.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Please share..

..... strangely enough, if I remember correctly back to my teenage years when I first encountered the New Testament, it was the following verse that for some reason or other piqued my attention and made me a little more attentive to what I was reading:

Acts 19:28

When they heard this, they were furious and began shouting: “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!”
And why, you may ask, was this the case for me with this oddly cited verse? It's because up until that point, being the artsy, Dungeons & Dragons, Greek myth and comic book loving, and less than fully eduꓘated person that I was, I had naively thought that the 'Bible' was essentially a collection of local stories told by ancient folks living in the area of Palestine with no contact with the outside world, and this verse made me begin to realize that what I was reading was somehow situated within and connected with the larger world of that time.

In other words, I began to realize that the New Testament smacked of real world history and culture and wasn't just some two-penny collection of mainly 'local' writings among a few tribal people living somewhere 'over there' in the Near East.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the verse that got you too believe

Is 1Corinthians 15:14 If Christ is not raised our preaching is useless as is your faith.

The passage:-
13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Is key for Christianity, if Jesus did rise from the dead then his claim is highly significant and one that every nonchristian has to examine and answer.

If Jesus is God, how do I relate to him, as a worshipper or as a hater.
There is no middle ground.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

Please share..
Each one of you should give just as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, because God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7) although I read it in the KJV while reading the whole New Testament.

The impact on me was my first understanding that those that preached tithing in the church, particularly the rich American TV evangelists, had got it all wrong.

It wasn't the reason I became a Christian, but it has helped keep my head straight about those abusive behaviour in the Church.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and
are filled with joy inexpressable and glorious." (1 Peter 1:8)

Gave me to understand what was happening at the new birth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0