hldude

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
✟11,055.00
Faith
Christian
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Thankful During And Past Thanksgiving”

Well, it’s that time of year again where we are planning to take off a couple extra days (for many, if not most) off work to enjoy time eating lots of turkey and all the fixin’s! Some of us may be traveling many, many miles to be with family while others of us not traveling much or at all. I’ve always enjoyed the time I look forward to each year being with family. I’m usually with my wife’s family, while missing my family back in Indiana.

As many of us will probably sit around a table and mention things we are thankful for, I want to encourage all of us to go a bit further. I am going to challenge and encourage us all to think of AT LEAST 10 things we are thankful for. Make a list of 10 things and see if you can keep going. The other challenge is to hang this list up where you will see it every single day as the days, weeks and months roll on. Continue to lift up prayers of thanksgiving every day for the these things God has blessed you with so much.

There’s nothing wrong with being thankful at Thanksgiving, but the challenge is to carry on and keep that thanks going on and on every day. Sometimes it’s good to keep a list that we’ve made to remind us to be truly thankful on days when it’s easier to complain about what we want and do not have.

I highly encourage us all to be thankful during and past Thanksgiving.