✟438,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good question.

After 9/11, the US government was given broad authority to track down Al Qaeda terrorists websites and investigate and even prosecute based on that authority. To do do the same for domestic terrorists groups would raise civil liberty concerns. Maybe there is a balance to be found?

We've already achieved it. Worry not.

A Texas man was plotting a mass shooting – until his grandmother stopped him, saving countless lives

The fact is...these things get stopped all the time before they happen, but the best efforts can't stop them all.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,432,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This tragic and horrific event has cost people their lives and left their family, friends, and loved ones to morn their loss. They are in my prayers.

It was done by a crazy, sick individual...and he happened to be a democrat. Only a democrat could make another democrat shooting people the POTUS's fault...that's how desperate the DS has become.

Furthermore...it appears now that his so called manifesto wasn't even put up by the shooter and is now under investigation. T

What a mess this has become and blaming one party over another as the democrats have demonstrated they want to do so very badly to the republicans (or more specifically the POTUS)...shows absolutely no respect for the lives lost.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This tragic and horrific event has cost people their lives and left their family, friends, and loved ones to morn their loss. They are in my prayers.
We should join in prayer for the victims, despite all disagreement.

It was done by a crazy, sick individual...and he happened to be a democrat.
Really? Do you mix up the el Paso and Dayton shooting? Or do you believe a fake news?

In Dayton, it was a sick man, leftist and satanist. Not the usual democrat, but since republicans are more right-wing than US democrats, you may say that he was somewhat nearer to democrats, and he has shown some sympathy for some oft hem.

In el Paso, it is a man who thinks immigrants are flooding the USA, especially Mexican rapists, drug dealers and the like. he draw an almost rationale consequence: If even Trump does not remove these danger from the USA (hampered by democrats, or for whatever reason else), go, shoot them, and they will fly.

And do you really want to suggest that is is a Democratic stance to think like that about Mexicans? It is not even democratic.

BTW, el Paso is (at least according to the German media I watched) considered a rather safe city in the US. This shows that Mexicans are not the folks white supremacists and racist told us. As the US President has said, it is now the time to stand firmly united against hate speech, white supremacy and hate speech. No more crowds shouting "lock them up" and the like!

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We should join in prayer for the victims, despite all disagreement.

Really? Do you mix up the el Paso and Dayton shooting? Or do you believe a fake news?

In Dayton, it was a sick man, leftist and satanist. Not the usual democrat, but since republicans are more right-wing than US democrats, you may say that he was somewhat nearer to democrats, and he has shown some sympathy for some oft hem.

In el Paso, it is a man who thinks immigrants are flooding the USA, especially Mexican rapists, drug dealers and the like. he draw an almost rationale consequence: If even Trump does not remove these danger from the USA (hampered by democrats, or for whatever reason else), go, shoot them, and they will fly.

And do you really want to suggest that is is a Democratic stance to think like that about Mexicans? It is not even democratic.

BTW, el Paso is (at least according to the German media I watched) considered a rather safe city in the US. This shows that Mexicans are not the folks white supremacists and racist told us. As the US President has said, it is now the time to stand firmly united against hate speech, white supremacy and hate speech. No more crowds shouting "lock them up" and the like!
No...not confusing the two at all...his profile was changed from democrat to republican, he supposedly posted a manifesto, and then there are all he family connections and so on...he is a very sick and confused individual to do what he did.

I've also responded to the Dayton shooter thread.

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:prayer: God have mercy.

El Paso Democratic politicians went public saying they didn't want president Trump to visit their city after this terrorist attack. One went so far as to speak for all people of El Paso. They blame Trump for the attack.
Deflecting responsibility from the psycho shooter and his hatred for immigrants because those same politicians are responsible for cultivating that hatred being El Paso is a "Sanctuary City".
El Paso breaks federal immigration law and they're surprised a city close to the border has a nut that's fed up with his city being invaded?
It's Trump's fault? No, it's the Democrats of El Paso's fault for violating their duty to the law.
The nut bag shooter is a symptom.

Five simple questions that blow apart the official fake news narrative about the El Paso Wal-Mart shooting

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No...not confusing the two at all...his profile was changed from democrat to republican
AFAIK, this was not what I would call a change, but a correction of a fake new that told he was democrat.

he supposedly posted a manifesto
... which shows that he draw radical conclusion out of what he believed true, because Trump etc. said so

he is a very sick and confused individual to do what he did.
Confused by what fake news in Fox etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AFAIK, this was not what I would call a change, but a correction of a fake new that told he was democrat.

... which shows that he draw radical conclusion out of what he believed true, because Trump etc. said so

Confused by what fake news in Fox etc.

First of all...there are very few commentators on fox news I will listen to...my sources are shall we say far more controversial and independent...but I do very much like Judge Jeanine Pirro.

And no...the fake news is always saying the opposite...for example...it was fake news that posted he was a republican...it was fake news that reported he posted a manifesto on 8chan...it was never posted there and investigators also suspect he never posted it.

And as usual...when the facts come out...the democrats back-paddle and say the opposite is actually true. This pattern has been observable for the past few years on MSM so I have very little respect for any of their sources and prefer to watch independent news sources who actually back check before they make statements.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
it was fake news that reported he posted a manifesto on 8chan...
Any proof for that? AFAIR, it was only said that he apparently posted a manifesto. And I haven't seen any news that this assumption was wrong.

And as usual...when the facts come out...the democrats back-paddle and say the opposite is actually true.
Examples?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟832,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,228,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Thread cleaned up of off topic postings.
Please submit posts that are relevant to the OP.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0