✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/04/abbott-defends-jade-helm-15-decision/
Conspiracy theorists have speculated that the exercise — which spans several states and is scheduled to start this summer — is a covert effort to institute martial law. But Abbott said he has "seen nothing that would cause anybody to worry about what is going on."

Abbott has nonetheless taken some heat for getting the State Guard involved. Democrats have questioned whether he trusts the military, while some Republicans — including former Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst — have spoken out in support of the exercise. One of them, former state Rep. Todd Smith, has accused Abbott of "pandering to idiots."​

I can't imagine Scott Walker or Chris Christie pandering to these loons. Of course this is the constituency that elected Teddy Dustbin.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of Sen. Dustbin.
Ted Cruz Says He Has Asked the Pentagon for Answers on Jade Helm 15 - Bloomberg Politics
Cruz was more plugged in. "I have a great deal of faith and confidence in Governor Abbott," said the senator. "He is a long-time friend and mentor of mine. You know, I understand a lot of the concerns raised by a lot of citizens about Jade Helm. It's a question I'm getting a lot. And I think part of the reason is we have seen, for six years, a federal government disrespecting the liberty of the citizens. That produces fear, when you see a government that is attacking our free speech rights, or Second Amendment rights, or religious liberty rights. That produces distrust.​

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/04/abbott-defends-jade-helm-15-decision/
Conspiracy theorists have speculated that the exercise — which spans several states and is scheduled to start this summer — is a covert effort to institute martial law. But Abbott said he has "seen nothing that would cause anybody to worry about what is going on."

Abbott has nonetheless taken some heat for getting the State Guard involved. Democrats have questioned whether he trusts the military, while some Republicans — including former Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst — have spoken out in support of the exercise. One of them, former state Rep. Todd Smith, has accused Abbott of "pandering to idiots."​

I can't imagine Scott Walker or Chris Christie pandering to these loons. Of course this is the constituency that elected Teddy Dustbin.

Could this backfire on him. Is using the national guard for political purposes (i.e. "pandering to idiots") ethical?

Upvote 0

Patchworks

Blatantly Homo Sapien
Jan 28, 2015
Maybe The Mayans Just Got Tired of Making Calendar
Visit site
✟15,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And when another group of Muslim terrorists set it off in a state what then?

This nonsense is like unto that of the Bush administration well prior to 9-11. Their intelligence knew Bin Laden was planning a major attack somewhere in NYC. Years prior to that information coming in a terrorist bomb detonated in the parking deck of the towers.

Putting the two together it wouldn't have been hard to surmise the strike that failed to accomplish collapse of the towers was going to be tried again. On a bigger scale.

If they were wrong, oh well. Better to be safe than sorry for over 3000 dead. Because someone was afraid they'd find their head wrapped in tin foil for daring to listen to the intelligence our tax dollars pay to acquire.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This nonsense is like unto that of the Bush administration well prior to 9-11. Their intelligence knew Bin Laden was planning a major attack somewhere in NYC. Years prior to that information coming in a terrorist bomb detonated in the parking deck of the towers.

Putting the two together it wouldn't have been hard to surmise the strike that failed to accomplish collapse of the towers was going to be tried again. On a bigger scale.

If they were wrong, oh well. Better to be safe than sorry for over 3000 dead. Because someone was afraid they'd find their head wrapped in tin foil for daring to listen to the intelligence our tax dollars pay to acquire.

The biggest issue with 9/11, was the CIA not sharing information with the FBI, that could have prevented the attacks and helped prompt the patriot act, which requires the sharing of information.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I don't know if you've seen the news or not, but Texas seems to be able to handle terrorist attacks pretty well from jihadists.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if you've seen the news or not, but Texas seems to be able to handle terrorist attacks pretty well from jihadists.
Might have helped if the locals had listened to the FBI. But them FBI folks are Yankees!

Upvote 0

Patchworks

Blatantly Homo Sapien
Jan 28, 2015
Maybe The Mayans Just Got Tired of Making Calendar
Visit site
✟15,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know. And thank God in Texas gun control means using both hands as one squeezes the trigger to kill terrorists loaded with automatic weapons and bombs.
However, to read the OP and article this threat isn't to be considered as a possibility in future. That's the point of my objection to such nonsense.

People that think it is tinfoil hattery to be prepared, even when it looks extreme, would be the one's responsible for having no readiness plan in place when terrorists are in America. And we know that.
How?
Because terrorist wannabe's are leaving America to join ISIS overseas. That tells us there are those who can be presumed to be staying right here at home to ready to take the fight on our own soil.

And it isn't like there hasn't been reports of terrorists entering America across our broken border. Or that there's a training camp in Tennessee.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, I know. And thank God in Texas gun control means using both hands as one squeezes the trigger to kill terrorists loaded with automatic weapons and bombs.
However, to read the OP and article this threat isn't to be considered as a possibility in future. That's the point of my objection to such nonsense.

People that think it is tinfoil hattery to be prepared, even when it looks extreme, would be the one's responsible for having no readiness plan in place when terrorists are in America. And we know that.
How?
Because terrorist wannabe's are leaving America to join ISIS overseas. That tells us there are those who can be presumed to be staying right here at home to ready to take the fight on our own soil.

And it isn't like there hasn't been reports of terrorists entering America across our broken border. Or that there's a training camp in Tennessee.

No, it is tin foil hattery to be paranoid of the very soldiers who protect you from said terrorists.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
And thank God in Texas gun control means using both hands as one squeezes the trigger to kill
[terrorists or whomever]. What a really cool CHRISTIAN VIRTUE! I must have missed that in my own reading of the scriptures. Can you point me out the chapter and verse where Jesus or any of the trinity advocate this tactic? :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

How?

I'm pretty sure that you don't have any idea what this thread is about.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This entire post is a non sequitur. The mobilization of the Texas State Guard to observe Jade Helm 15 was not in response to the attack in Garland. It was in response to tin foil hattery by Alex Jones about a government takeover of Texas being picked up by right wing media.

Please read the OP instead of ranting about your pet topic.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This might come as news to you but the person who shot and killed the attackers wasn't an armed citizen exercising his 2nd Amendment rights.

Since the OP and the issue at hand has nothing to do with terrorists, I'm not sure you even read it, much less find yourself in a position to criticize it.

How?

You really have no idea what the topic of this thread is, do you.

:doh:

Upvote 0