Texas minister had sex with minor in church and motel, supplied meth according to affidavit

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟846,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

The affidavit charging a Vernon pastor with sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl alleges he groomed her for sex by counseling her at church, getting her a job and providing her with meth, both at the church and a motel.

Brian Keith Pounds, 45, remains jailed in Wichita County on a $200,000 bond. Pounds was listed on websites as minister at First Assembly of God Church in Vernon, and also as a Chaplain at Tyson Foods in Vernon.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟966,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
LINK

The affidavit charging a Vernon pastor with sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl alleges he groomed her for sex by counseling her at church, getting her a job and providing her with meth, both at the church and a motel.

Brian Keith Pounds, 45, remains jailed in Wichita County on a $200,000 bond. Pounds was listed on websites as minister at First Assembly of God Church in Vernon, and also as a Chaplain at Tyson Foods in Vernon.
That's horrible, what's this world coming to :sigh:...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If this thread survives Christian oversight, nothing short of the Corinthian correction would resolve this IF true.

(1 Corinthians 1:1 - 2 Corinthians 13:14)

I would not worry, I'm sure it will be revealed that the person in question is not a "True" Christian.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟310,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would not worry, I'm sure it will be revealed that the person in question is not a "True" Christian.
That despicable behavior is certainly not the fruit of repentance/faith. There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal” Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟976,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
People like this either don't understand or have no regard for the depth of damage they do. The damage to their child victim is obvious and significant, but they also do damage to the image of the faith itself. The unchurched and seekers who hear of such behavior must question why they would want to align themselves with a faith where ministers, priests, and those in leadership exploit and abuse the vulnerable in their midst by behavior contrary to Christian teaching.

A few years ago I put a window sticker of my church's logo on my car window. I confess it made me think twice of my driving, my courtesy on the road, and any gestures of frustration I might be inclined to give lest the observer associate my behavior with my church. If only these leaders would give their behavior a similar regard instead of gratifying their selfish interests. Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He probably isn't a Christian. He probably sought his position of power to prey on children because he's a pedophile.

Another option is that he's actually a Christian who has a heavy cross to bear and committed some terrible, horrific, sinful acts, and will come to repentance.

Regardless, and without a shadow of a doubt, this isn't the Christian Way, and it's not what's taught. But your sarcasm and insinuations are noted and will now be ignored since they're as rancid as the people who would say as much.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
People like this either don't understand or have no regard for the depth of damage they do. The damage to their child victim is obvious and significant, but they also do damage to the image of the faith itself. The unchurched and seekers who hear of such behavior must question why they would want to align themselves with a faith where ministers, priests, and those in leadership exploit and abuse the vulnerable in their midst by behavior contrary to Christian teaching.

A few years ago I put a window sticker of my church's logo on my car window. I confess it made me think twice of my driving, my courtesy on the road, and any gestures of frustration I might be inclined to give lest the observer associate my behavior with my church. If only these leaders would give their behavior a similar regard instead of gratifying their selfish interests. Lord, have mercy.
It goes even further than that. I'm a victim of continuous childhood rape, and other than the victims themselves and the faith itself being damaged and impacted, it damages and impacts virtually every person the victims will ever have a relationship with. Nothing will be quite right again.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟262,024.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
He probably isn't a Christian. He probably sought his position of power to prey on children because he's a pedophile.

Another option is that he's actually a Christian who has a heavy cross to bear and committed some terrible, horrific, sinful acts, and will come to repentance.

Regardless, and without a shadow of a doubt, this isn't the Christian Way, and it's not what's taught. But your sarcasm and insinuations are noted and will now be ignored since they're as rancid as the people who would say as much.
ahhh the no true christian fallacy again.

Upvote 0

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ahhh severe lack of reading comprehension skills on the internet once again. A continuous classic with no end in sight.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟262,024.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Ahhh severe lack of reading comprehension skills on the internet once again. A continuous classic with no end in sight.
yeah sorry no. you have presented two cases excusing the community at large for enabling this monster.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
yeah sorry no. you have presented two cases excusing the community at large for enabling this monster.
I neither provided him nor the community any excuse but presented the fact that he can either be a Christian or not and we will never know.

Hey, do all Muslims get to have child brides or only the true Muslims or are the one's with child brides not the real Muslims or...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟966,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, a Chaplain at Tyson Foods.
Yeah, I caught that, but also at a church in the area as well...?

Anyway, God help us, etc...

You either got to get so very angry about it, that you go out and kill a bunch of people, etc, or you just have sit back and take it, and get past it, and get over it, etc...

And most everybody is caught somewhere in-between, etc...

God help us...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟722,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Sadly, this story reminds me of a line that a late disabled friend of mine used to say. He was reportedly raped by a male member of our young adult Bible study group 30+ years ago. My late disabled friend used to tell me, "If someone tells you that they are a Christian, beware, for Christians can be very dangerous." While most here at CF will not like his quote, I would simply say that if we experienced what he did, we might feel the same as him.

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟54,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on the scriptures, there certainly are true Christians. There are also false converts and wolves in sheep's clothing, which Jesus taught extensively on.

I think what @ironbjorn was getting at, is that we are not to go around pointing fingers and accusing others of being true Christians or not. That is not up to us to do. We are, however, called to go and preach the gospel to the lost in faith that they may receive salvation. (Mark 16:15-16, 2 Timothy 4:2) As for our brethren, we are to correct and reprove doctrine when necessary. It is not our job to condemn our brethren to hell, nor anyone else for that matter. (2 Timothy 3:16)

Truth is, every man and woman will have to stand before a Holy God and give account as to why they've rejected the True and Living God on the day of judgment. Many will receive the damnation that's so rightfully due to them, including this man if he does not truly repent and turn from his wicked ways.

And yes, salvation is still available to him even though he committed such atrocities - not to mention using the Lord's name to do so. I mean if Paul was forgiven for being a murderer, surely this man could also be forgiven for being a pedophile if he was to forsake those evil things and truly trust in Jesus. Because the Lord is rich in mercy and died for the sins of this world. Even taking this man's sins upon Himself on that cross. And even taking your sins upon that cross.

So I will not condemn him, but pray for him as long as he still has a breath in his body.

Upvote 0