• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Texas hospital says man, 30, died after attending 'COVID party'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Oompa Loompa, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa Against both police brutality and cop killing.

+376
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    And the Darwin award goes to...

Texas hospital says man, 30, died after attending 'COVID party'

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,913
    Atheist
    Single
  3. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    That’s not evolution, his death was caused by misinformation, disinformation and scientific illiteracy

4. Nithavela

Nithavela They want you to protect yourself

+12,005
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Nah, that's totally evolution.

5. mala

mala fluffy lion

+1,926
    Muslim
    Single
    Well in any case his death has caused there to be less of all of those things which is good.

6. Rachel20

Rachel20 Member

+183
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    so sad. I would have multiple darwin awards for youthful foolishness, but for the grace of God

7. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,185
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Sad, very sad, but people need to start taking this matter seriously.....

8. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member

+785
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    It only counts as evolution if he died before reproducing.

9. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+1,898
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    “This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus, and the thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected,” Appleby said, NBC 4 San Antonio reported Friday.

“Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it's not,” she said, according to the station.”

End quote

So he thought it was a hoax and got his life snuffed out because of that.

Where did he get that idea I wonder.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,004
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Arguably, it’s nature selecting for people not so susceptible to idiocy.

He was 30. He had decades of reproductive capacity left.

11. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,426
    United States
    Married
    I wondered the same thing when I was eating containers of cinnamon and Tide pods.

12. Nithavela

Nithavela They want you to protect yourself

+12,005
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Better late than never, hu?

13. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,913
    Atheist
    Single
    Actually no. Only if he died while he was still apt to reproduce which at 30 is still likely for a guy.

14. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,902
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  15. Brightmoon

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    D164A598-D85C-4D78-9598-71EE6C1BBFE3.jpeg

Screenshot from freethoughtblogs PZ Myers blog Pharyngula. Nuff said. The first one says April 28 the second July 1 the third July 2 .......today is July 11

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Brightmoon

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    NYC had bodies stacked in tractor trailers while Trump was spouting off about this being a hoax and telling people to inject disinfectant and Clorox. I guess I don’t find Covid denialist behavior as funny. I definitely do think it’s stupid and dangerous

17. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,583
    Non-Denom
    Thing is though Trump NEVER said covid itself was a hoax. People who keep claiming this obviously missed the context in how he used the term either willingly choosing to say something not nice , or they simply just aren't aware of the facts.

18. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+1,898
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Unfortunately Trump speaks like deranged 6 year old. He has really hard time with coherent sentences.

So you get something like.....

“This whole thing democratic hoax. Believe me. We are doing great. Virus will go away. Like a miracle. Believe me. Americans are strong. Very soon hoax will be gone. Fake news. Believe me. We have too much testing. Hydrochloride will be amazing. Stock market is better than ever during last 2 days. Fauci is a nice guy but we have to open the economy because democrats leaders are like very bad. Believe me.”

Hearing the man speaks sounds like he skipped every education level after kindergarten. This apparently is a great to his supporters for some peculiar reason. How he connects with uneducated or whatever.

Anyways this style of rhetoric is great because his support staff can later mangle it in thousand and one ways to say what he really “meant” and how he didn’t really mean what it sounded like he meant.

For someone holding an office of POTUS this is unacceptable.

If your communication skills are so lacking that they can be interpreted in gazillion ways you really should not be making statements to the nation or guiding US foreign policy.

This lack of coherency is hard to explain as unintentional so what is left is that it is totally calculated for the effects.

And looking to messages of Trump apologists every time he says something silly, racist, dangerous or ignorant it seems to be working.

Trump sets the bar as low as his supporters allow him. Apparently there is no bottom level.