ChristianGuitar

Jan 3, 2005
✟213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello All,

Here's my situation: I currently volunteer as a youth Bible study teacher at my church. My pastor recently concieved a baby girl and just gave birth just last week. She will need all the help she can get while she rests with her baby at home. Some of the members, (including I) decided to help out with the regular Saturday and Sunday meetings so we can consistently feed the kids with God's word. My duty is to give out a testimony about myself so the kids can be more familiar with me. To be honest, I'm frightened with on-stage speaking.. I have problems with memory, self-consciousness, lack of expereience on stage, scared that I might be judged, criticized, etc. .... I only intended to agree on the testimony only because I wanted to be helpful (i cannot imagine what they're going through). At the moment they asked me, a testimony wasn't in my heart. However, now that i've been praying about it, I'm feeling more and more like this was meant to be. Like, this is what God assigned me to do.. although it doesn't feel right at the moment they asked me..

I plan on speaking breifly about my life and more on how I met Jesus Christ, and how he has changed me. THIS IS ALL I HAVE. Since I need to speak for about 30 min, would you guys have any ideas in regards to what I can correlate into my testimony. I would appreciate some structure into my testimony if you guys have any good insights..

Anyways, there is much MUCH that I lack and more than anything.. I hope not to worry and I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me throughout the whole way into my testimony. Pray that I will touch these kids with God's word.. so that they may Glorify him.. I apologize that this is lengthy.. But above all, I truly appreciate your consideration and your ears.

ChristianGuitar

Jan 3, 2005
✟213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I'm on my own on this. =)

On the side note, its really strange how much insight you can cumulate from just asking. During my efforts of asking, I felt like God was already giving me the wisdom I needed simultaneously! Sorta reminds me of the verse.. ask and you shall recieve.. knock on the door and He will open...Man, he is soo good..

Upvote 0

mnsunshine1

Jun 6, 2005
Minnesota
✟330.00
Faith
Christian
ChristianGuitar said:
I plan on speaking breifly about my life and more on how I met Jesus Christ, and how he has changed me. THIS IS ALL I HAVE. Since I need to speak for about 30 min, ..........

That is all you need! This should be easy for you then. I was once told in a public speaking class in college.... "Your best public speaking will be done when you speak about something you know".

What better thing to talk about????Who knows about YOU better than yourself??? (;) Cept God of course)

And sort of practice what you want to say, so you remember the high points... I dont mean practice in front of people.. just talk about yourself .. to yourself...in the car, in the shower, getting ready for the day.... wherever.

Talking about how you met Jesus IS your testimony. The first time you realized Jesus WAS. <------ That's the best stuff. This is a point where you will speak about your spiritual intamacy. I pray that the words flow smoothly from your tongue. YOU'LL BE FINE!:cool:

Upvote 0