✟12,171.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
jameseb said:
:sigh: It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest the Russians had this coming to them. Animals? Animals are what these Chechen rebels are..... Far worse than animals is how these Chechen and arabs treated these children as... they laughed as they shot them and blew them apart.

And you say these Russians, actually, Ossetians, planted this seed....
The real Animals are governments who will finance a particular groups activities because it meets their particular political agenda and at the same time support their enemies clandestinely in order to stay the balance of power. Dividing a nation against itself is a surefire way to keep it from posing a global threat!
Warmongering produces lots and lots of cash for the coffers of government sponsored bussiness,s. Western govts arent as squeaky clean as we might think,and for every dead Osama there will be a thousand more live ones.

Bobbiedog hit the nail on the head in so many words. Sin is the problem!

Upvote 0

Aeschylus

Jun 4, 2004
✟1,173.00
Faith
Anglican
jameseb said:
:sigh: It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest the Russians had this coming to them. Animals? Animals are what these Chechen rebels are..... Far worse than animals is how these Chechen and arabs treated these children as... they laughed as they shot them and blew them apart.

James, we should not forget what the Russians have done t the Chechens.

Before Russia invaded Chechnya, there was absolutely no history of extermism in the region, infact the Chechens are Sufi muslims a sect that the Wahhabist extermists regard as heretical. However due the sheer brutailty of the Russian army led many in what had once been a largely secular region to turn to exteremism allowing the Wahhabists to gain a foothold.

So yes Russia does bear responsibilty for the problem of Chechen extremism even though it is also the victim of it, infact none bear more responsibilty for the present situation than Putin who delibrately broke-up the fragile peace that had existed before he canme to power.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
jameseb said:
Except that I didn't say that, Phoenix.
You most certainly said exactly that.
The people acting totally incensed over Oblio's statement didn't show anything close to that same amount of emotion and outrage when it came to these poor children.
You suggested we were more outraged over a statement then the deaths of hundreds. Apparently sympathy and solidarity is supposed to include agreeing with whatever statement someone makes. Please, if someone said this showed a clear failure of Bush's policy against terrorism you would have been all over them like a sack of bricks. But someone says this is the fruits of islam and he has a right to because of sympathy and solidarity. The sword slices both ways.

Look... I don't appreciate someone hijacking my words and using it as a weapon to plunge in one's own chest and then crying out that I did it. Again, I wasn't suggesting that. I was pointing out how those of us who'd have been expressing the greatest pain over this have been the one's least to address people here combatively. I'm not questioning ANYONE's grief and pain over this.... do not warp my words. As I said earlier... many people have addressed this first politically.... and I'm simply pointing out that those of us who first found it paramount to pray for these chidlren, to express hurt and rage at this tragedy, are the least "emotional" in this political discussion.
Then you missed an entire thread in which many of the people who disagreed with the statemend expressed great pain at these deaths. Only you somehow posted on that thread. If you don't want your words to be used against you, then have them make sense. The FIRST political statements in both threads were AGAINST islam. Both of them. In fact in one thread someone's first reaction was genocide against muslims, his second was sympathy.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
jameseb said:

Admitted that every word you speak is true, now where is Christ? Where is his injunction to love your enemies, which to me says try to walk in their shoes, and see the world they see.

Why do people become like this? What turns a peaceful people into such appallingly cruel and heartless beasts and worse than beasts? They were not born that way. And then we look at Chechnya, and at what the Russians have been doing there; to a country where 70% of the women are widows, according to one report I heard, and where the terrorist leader had 11 members of his family killed by Russian bombs.

What would you do if this happened to you? I think we have to thank God, and see that there but for his grace goes any one of us. We all think we could not behave that way, but perhaps these people would once have said so too.

I do not condone what they have done. I condemn it wholeheartedly, and feel for the innocent victims. But Putin is not one of them.

Reactions: aLx
Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ThePhoenix said:
You most certainly said exactly that. You suggested we were more outraged over a statement then the deaths of hundreds. Apparently sympathy and solidarity is supposed to include agreeing with whatever statement someone makes. Please, if someone said this showed a clear failure of Bush's policy against terrorism you would have been all over them like a sack of bricks. But someone says this is the fruits of islam and he has a right to because of sympathy and solidarity. The sword slices both ways.

Except I didn't mention you, did I Phoenix? And again, those making the most angry posts did not express the same emotion over the loss of the hundreds of innocent childrens.

Then you missed an entire thread in which many of the people who disagreed with the statemend expressed great pain at these deaths. Only you somehow posted on that thread.

No, I didn't miss the thread as I obviously posted in it.... and thank you for the sarcasm.

If you don't want your words to be used against you, then have them make sense.

Phoenix, I'll say it again.. don't take my words and twist them around. Also, My words made perfect sense.... particularly to those who repped me for that and said "Isn't THAT the TRUTH!" I've seen more disgust, vitriol and anger directed at posters here (and Russia) than I've seen them express outrage over the terrorist act. The point of it was to remind some people where their misguided rage should be directed at. Actually, rage itself no matter what it is directed at is not good, but I can't condemn anyone for having it considering what happened to those children.

By the way, your first post on that thread was political.... it was edited after you were reminded its not a thread for voicing politics, right? ;)

Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
Phoenix you are snappy tonight.
Jameseb is Jameseb, unchanging really, and to be accepted and loved as he is, warts and all.
You know it all risks going pear shaped if we start to Greco-Roman wrestle with each other: you got to do that wisdom thing of sidestepping what you cannot change; and go for the issue.

Upvote 0