Temporary Job services: Is the Associates are supose to be rude to you?

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been working at this temp service for 3-4 years. This year this Associate has been very rude. I wish I could tell her off. But I don't want to lose the change to find a good resourceful job. But there system sucks. It's never stable, and when I call for a chance to work. She gets rude, and tells me that don't understand anything.

I'm venting, and frustrated. I'm trying my best to forget about it. But when I'm trying to focus on something else. Her words keep popping up. It's nerve wracking, and making me depressed. Am I suppose to deal and accept that attitude? How do I handle such rude behavior like that? Any advice?

Last edited:

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mediakira

sorry that someone is being rude.
unfortunately, it's definitely a part of the imperfect world that we live in.

I do not believe that the Bible teaches that you should have no self-respect. In other words, you don't need to take this behavior. It is definitely allowable for you to stand up for yourself, and to demand a proper degree of respect from the people you work with. The other person is way out of line if they are treating you in a demeaning or abusive way.

I would suggest that you put your foot down and tell this person that you don't tolerate people who are disrespectful. I would point out to them that it is unprofessional. That is a good way to approach things in the secular workplace.

It is possible that if you stand your ground, the other person may apologize and things will be corrected. Think positively. That could happen.

It's also possible that things could go downhill. And you might wind up having to look for jobs thru another service. But if this outcome plays out, I would report the behavior of the Associate to a higher level of their own management.

My advice ... stand up for yourself.
God did not make you into a doormat :)
But do it in a way that shows character and integrity.

gideon123

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been working at this temp service for 3-4 years. This year this Associate has been very rude. I wish I could tell her off. But I don't want to lose the change to find a good resourceful job. But there system sucks. It's never stable, and when I call for a chance to work. She gets rude, and tells me that don't understand anything.

I'm venting, and frustrated. I'm trying my best to forget about it. But when I'm trying to focus on something else. Her words keep popping up. It's nerve wracking, and making me depressed. What the hell? Am I suppose to deal and accept that attitude? How do I handle such rude behavior like that? Any advice?

God is patient with you so do the same for others....

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private

I'm venting, and frustrated. I'm trying my best to forget about it. But when I'm trying to focus on something else. Her words keep popping up. It's nerve wracking, and making me depressed. What the hell? Am I suppose to deal and accept that attitude? How do I handle such rude behavior like that? Any advice?

You learn to accept her flaws and then try to cleverly leverage those flaws to 1) help her overcome her crappy attitude 2) help you overcome your crappy attitude and 3) you both grow and get more compassionate

It's never a 1 way street. Where there is 1 miserable person administering negativity constantly there must be a receptive party to be victimized by it. Quit being her party.

The next step is create an opportunity to carefully divert her attention elsewhere. IOW, don't take her crap, stand your ground - try to inject some humor into the situation and remember that mean people are mean because they are unhappy and they need someone to take the attention from their pain. She chose you, and probably whoever else will bend. So don't bend. Get tough and loving, but not just tough. It helps to remember that this person is in pain; it's not about you - she is projecting. Don't forget that. She is hurting. If you reach out in small ways and set boundaries she will either receive you and stop acting like a jerk or she will go away and bother someone else.

And on that note, there is a drunk outside my door right this minute cackling like a sloth trying to test my patience, probably planted there by the Lord to keep me in check.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

*I understand that you are venting/frustrated...

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:1-4)

Change the atmosphere in your surroundings, put on some praise and worship music (let it play softly in the background), then you go and pray about what
transpired today between the associate and yourself. Ask the Lord to work
on both your hearts, for you do not know what else is going on in her life
that could be weighing heavily on her. Pray for peace in both your lives
and don't forget to repent of your own anger and idle words spoken or written
in the "heat of the moment." Ask the Lord to examine you and reveal
any attitudes that need "tweaking" and to help you make the right adjustments.

Extend forgiveness to the woman who offended you and
Thank God for extending the same forgiveness to you.

Upvote 0