Tell me what is on your mind

May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Had an awesome day yesterday!! Went out in my bros racin car!! Woooohoooo!! I was screamin with joy as we went around the racing track. He started off "slow", which wasnt really slow to me, but he could see I was loving it, so he gave it heaps!! Love the sound of a V8!! But man, Im sooo sore today!! Strapped into a racing harness, but still end up sore cos had to brace myself for corners!! It was worth it tho!! :D :D :D

Reactions: 1Sam24:12
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

onlyhisword

Herman Of Alaska
Instructions: Click on the image to use this icon for your card.

Saint Herman (his name is a variant of Germanus) was born near Moscow in 1756. In his youth he became a monk, first at the Saint Sergius Hermitage near Saint Petersburg on the Gulf of Finland; while he dwelt there, the most holy Mother of God appeared to him, healing him of a grave malady. Afterwards he entered Valaam Monastery on Valiant Island in Lake Ladoga; he often withdrew into the wilderness to pray for days at a time. In 1794, answering a call for missionaries to preach the Gospel to the Aleuts, he came to the New World with the first Orthodox mission to Alaska. He settled on Spruce Island, which he called New Valaam, and here he persevered, even in the face of many grievous afflictions mostly at the hands of his own countrymen in the loving service of God and of his neighbour. Besides his many toils for the sake of the Aleuts, he subdued his flesh with great asceticism, wearing chains, sleeping little, fasting and praying much. He brought many people to Christ by the example of his life, his teaching, and his kindness and sanctity, and was granted the grace of working miracles and of prophetic insight. Since he was not a priest, Angels descended at Theophany to bless the waters in the bay; Saint Herman used this holy water to heal the sick. Because of his unwearying missionary labours, which were crowned by God with the salvation of countless souls, he is called the Enlightener of the Aleuts, and has likewise been renowned as a wonderworker since his repose in 1837.

Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feeling sad and disappointed. Been a tough time in the last 6 months, and its caught up with me. My eldest son got an award for one of his subjects at school, and I was sposed to be goin to the presentation tonite, and my youngest son has come down with a stomach bug, so I cant go. Bit like the straw that broke the camels back. Been in tears this morning. *sigh* :(

Reactions: Just4Jesus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sing4777

Veteran
Jan 17, 2006
✟10,225.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feeling sad and disappointed. Been a tough time in the last 6 months, and its caught up with me. My eldest son got an award for one of his subjects at school, and I was sposed to be goin to the presentation tonite, and my youngest son has come down with a stomach bug, so I cant go. Bit like the straw that broke the camels back. Been in tears this morning. *sigh* :(

I am sorry that you have been having a rough time of it. Just said a prayer for you and hope things will start looking better for you real soon! :hug:

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
:hug::hug:Chrissy that's so tough. I am sorry!

Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry that you have been having a rough time of it. Just said a prayer for you and hope things will start looking better for you real soon! :hug:

Thanks so much for your reply, and prayers and hugs. Means so much to me :hug:

sparks will fly said:
hug.gif
hug.gif
Chrissy that's so tough. I am sorry!

Thanks Sparky :hug:

Im feeling heaps better, and my son had a great night!! He has his award, and Im just sooooo proud of him!! I love my boys!! :)

Upvote 0