altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Most of us are so blessed by God, and we quote “God blessed me’”, but I would like to know how God blessed you. I love to count my blessings and to share is a way to count and to testify at the same time. So come on and share with us.
While I was away for a few weeks, my mother started a ministry at the age of 80 years. This is a blessing right from God.
My first born grandson, now 7 years, phoned me Sunday, telling me that he (Sunday school project) do small works for people and this money that they pay him is going to Sunday school to buy bibles for the poor and needy people. This is also a very great blessing form God for me. I am mad about my family serving God in such a way.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
The biggest blessing I ever got was to be suddenly broken financially. I lived in utter poverty for three years, with no hope of improving my condition through my own efforts. I had to depend on God for everything, even money to ride the bus to work. It taught me that God is trustworthy under all circumstances, and that blessings don't always come packaged as material goods.

I might never have trusted God with my heart and soul, if I hadn't known Him this way.

Upvote 0
Kind of along the same lines of "lambslove" (in a way)...heh

I would have to say when my Ex Wife divorced me....it broke me....and made me turn to Christ.

I knew I could not get threw the divorce with my own strength....only threw His.

Now, I have my salvation....the greatest blessing I have or will ever receive.... :bow:

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I had to depend on God for everything, even money to ride the bus to work. It taught me that God is trustworthy under all circumstances, and that blessings don't always come packaged as material goods.

This is a great lesson to learn and you will benefit for the rest of your life because you have learned that God is your Supply.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
It also taught me that I don't need a lot of things to be happy. Now that I have more, I am not one speck happier than I was when I had nothing. Less fearful, sure, but not happier.

You know, it's funny, the other night I was mourning the things I lost way back then, more than 17 years ago. But the things I missed weren't the house or the car or the jewelry, it was my childhood mementos that I was mourning. The doll my mom saved up for an bought me; she loved that doll, because she had wanted one like it when she was a child. And the little house my dad made for me. And the papier marche piggy banks that I collected. And the two little music boxes my mom bought me just because she knew I would love them.

All that's gone, but it is the love that each one expressed that stays with me. I don't have those items, but I have the love and the memories of the love with me forever.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
God has given me the strength and courage to go on and be happy and free after ending a 3 1/2 year relationship with my ex-fiance.

Last night I took care of the only thing I had connected to my life with him...the electric bill for the cottage we were renting. :)

*cheers*

Go me!

I think if I was in this same situation years ago, I would have been totally crushed and broken. But instead I am so strong and empowered. :)

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
it's always encouraging and uplifting to hear God's work in others lives.
i've been quite saddened and frustrated lately coz i suddenly realised that there was no one there for me, and it really ate into me that i couldn't find one single friend in church to share my thoughts with. I prayed that God'd give me a spiritual friend, and i don't care who he/she is.
Anyway, in one bible study session, the main message brought out was specifically targeted at Love among brothers and sisters in church. And ever seen i've been emailing to some who don't mind using emails for communication, and i feel that i'm finally part of the fellowship, thank God for listening and answering!

Upvote 0
It was my birthday on April 19. I was having this casual conversation with the Lord. I said to Him, "Lord, I don't regret for quitting my job as an accountant but I miss all the great buffet lunches I used to have - oysters, salmon, prawns, japanese food, western food... ". The following day, a friend who didn't know that i love these food took me to my favourite place & gave me a great treat which had all those stuff I just mentioned. When I was helping myself to all the wonderful goodies the Lord reminded me of the casual conversation I had with him!!! You see, the Lord hears every prayer & know every thought even if it's just a casual one. He loves to make us happy!!!!!!

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It was my birthday on April 19. I was having this casual conversation with the Lord. I said to Him, "Lord, I don't regret for quitting my job as an accountant but I miss all the great buffet lunches I used to have - oysters, salmon, prawns, japanese food, western food... ". The following day, a friend who didn't know that i love these food took me to my favourite place & gave me a great treat which had all those stuff I just mentioned. When I was helping myself to all the wonderful goodies the Lord reminded me of the casual conversation I had with him!!! You see, the Lord hears every prayer & know every thought even if it's just a casual one. He loves to make us happy!!!!!!

Psalms 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
He got me through my CS degree during a hard time in my life, which allowed me to pursue a great career, marry a beatiful wife, and now we have a wonderful son.

Before my son was born I came down with some serious problems, but once they were resolved, I was able to handle the responsibility of caring for a child. During the problems, I didn't understand why it was happening to me, but in retrospect, I see that I had to suffer in order to be healed, for my son's sake. ;)

God rules. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.