Teen with cancer...

God of Love

Feb 1, 2003
✟8,038.00
Faith
Oneness
Back in July of this year, my grandson, Jonathan Babcock, was like most 14-year-old boys. He enjoyed talking on the phone (especially to girls), fishing, going to church and teen outings, and riding his dirt bike.

In August, that all changed. With what started as a jaw and headache, Jonathan ended up in the ICU of local MCV hospital. It was first thought that he had a severe case of periodontal disease. He then started having internal bleeding, and was treated for stomach ulcers. A "scope" of his stomach, however, not only uncovered 8 ulcers, a tumor was also found.

After a biopsy, Jonathan was diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma: a rare, agressive, childhood cancer. He is currently undergoing chemo, and -- after 31 days in ICU -- he is in and out of the hospital.

If you'd like more information, would like to send Jonathan, or would like to make a donation to help the family with medical costs, we've established a website with pictures and more detailed history at:

http://hometown.aol.com/jonathanshope/jonathan.html

Thanks

God of Love

AtheistPerson

Oct 1, 2005
✟854.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Wow i'm glad for your grandson that he survived from something so terrible. This kind of thing always makes me wonder when i was a christian, "why would god do something like that." Cancer has spread throughout my family and my friends families and i have asked myself that question every time i think about them.

Edit: Yes i do pray. Just because i'm an Atheist doesnt mean I'm not aloud to pray. I pray for you and your family and wish you well. Cancer is horrible.

Reactions: sc4s2cg
Upvote 0

Observer

Observer
Sep 29, 2004
Australia
✟10,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi... I prayed for your grandson. I prayed that he feel relief from his symptoms, that his cancer be healed and that he may get a second shot at life here, with his friends and family. I prayed for you and the rest of Jonathan's family & friends too.

I hope it helps *hug*

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Wow i'm glad for your grandson that he survived from something so terrible. This kind of thing always makes me wonder when i was a christian, "why would god do something like that." Cancer has spread throughout my family and my friends families and i have asked myself that question every time i think about them.

Edit: Yes i do pray. Just because i'm an Atheist doesnt mean I'm not aloud to pray. I pray for you and your family and wish you well. Cancer is horrible.
when people ask why like this, i wonder if they've ever found the answer. i was about 35, a severe [total] bible=believing Yahshua=seeking immersed=in=Him believer for almost 20 years before i s.t.a.r.t.e.d to find the answer to disease. it was and still is almost flabergastingly simple[as G_d made things simple, man complicated it] and very astonishing how few ever do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AnarKiss

My thoughts and prayers are also with you "God of Love". Like AtheistPerson, I cannot worship a God that allows such suffering without intervening. So remember - the way you and I respond to suffering is the only way 'God' is going to intervene.

Upvote 0

ambassador4Christ

Jul 10, 2006
Eastern United States
✟15,383.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for the healing and recovery of your grandson Jonathan.

:groupray:

Lord God show this person and the grandson your healing power and bring to nought the words spoken by those here Who judge You wrongly as an unloving God. Those of us in Christ know of Your unfailing love and put our trust completely in You. May You be glorified always!

Thank You Lord!

In Jesus Name -- Amen! :bow:

Upvote 0

nsignia

Sep 23, 2006
✟15,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Father God, I know your young ones are the most precious to You, and this one is hurting so much. Lord, I lift Jonathan up to You for Your healing touch, please touch him now and let Your healing love flow freely and fully through his young body. Lord I pray a blanket of protection around Jonathan, his Grampa and family. Keep them safe from further attacks of the enemy Lord, let them rest safely in Your loving care. Thank you so much for caring and loving.

I pray this all in the name of my most beautiful and perfect Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord, amen
xoxoxox

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LavenderLeaves

Nov 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
goodness..its so sad how many demformities are found in this generation today... and how diseases are stricking at a younger age... this really saddens me.. I pray that your grandson will heal and use this time of hardship to testify to others. May God bless your grandson.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Back in July of this year, my grandson, Jonathan Babcock, was like most 14-year-old boys. He enjoyed talking on the phone (especially to girls), fishing, going to church and teen outings, and riding his dirt bike.

In August, that all changed. With what started as a jaw and headache, Jonathan ended up in the ICU of local MCV hospital. It was first thought that he had a severe case of periodontal disease. He then started having internal bleeding, and was treated for stomach ulcers. A "scope" of his stomach, however, not only uncovered 8 ulcers, a tumor was also found.

After a biopsy, Jonathan was diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma: a rare, agressive, childhood cancer. He is currently undergoing chemo, and -- after 31 days in ICU -- he is in and out of the hospital.

If you'd like more information, would like to send Jonathan, or would like to make a donation to help the family with medical costs, we've established a website with pictures and more detailed history at:

http://hometown.aol.com/jonathanshope/jonathan.html

Thanks

God of Love
Whatever happened? Did nutrition help? (Did the 'authors' even let you know that vit c at 10k mg / day would help tremendously)

Upvote 0