Ted Haggard cured of the gay

Garnett

Jan 10, 2006
✟16,110.00
Faith
Agnostic
It’s the cynicism of it all that gets me.

The church he's a part of make their money from this series of hate-fuelled fallacies: homosexuality is a choice, abortion is murder etc and then live these awfully contrived dual-existences – the public persona they need to maintain in order to stay at the helm of their gravy-train, and the hidden life full of the frailties they persecute in others.

The moment one of them is exposed as being exactly the same as the rest of us (just less honest – to themselves and the rest of the world) they put their hands up, check in to the "cure" they extol and come out "reborn", burying their exposed self back into the hypocrisy-ridden, cynical lies they were couched in before.

What's worse is their audience is already so indoctrinated in the whole fantasy, they buy it and don't bat an eyelid.

Get me straight – I have no problem with the man's homosexuality, just the hypocrisy he has preached in the name of Christianity. Double hypocrisy when you consider the Christian church should be targeting hypocrisy rather than homosexuality or abortion or anything else.

The fantastic schadenfreude I felt when Ted was outted was definitely tinged with a large sense that the poor man must have been in quite some condition living the lie for so long.

Now this new turn of events shows just how twisted the guy is, and how twisted those around him clearly are. It is incredibly sinister a church with so many followers can be governed by such dishonest people.

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
One of the things that I find quite worrying is that, no-doubt, a lot of the religious right out there, who generally seem to have little or no knowledge about homosexuality (or the real world in general) are going to use this to 'prove' that being gay is about sleeping with prostitutes and taking hard drugs. :sigh: They don't seem to care about homosexuals in stable relationships...they'd rather bang on about how Pastor Ted was saved from homosexuality (read: 'an unfulfilling, promiscusous and adulterous lifestyle of sleeping with prostitutes and taking meth')

peace

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Doesn't he think that no one buys it, nor believes it? His gay ex lover certainly doesn't buy it.
I think it was Haggard who had to 'buy it' in that relationship. ;)

Upvote 0

Ignorance

Feb 8, 2007
✟150.00
Faith
Oneness
Upvote 0