Teaching of creationism in US public school science classes has dropped over past 12 years

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll admit, I did say this at one time:

First of all, I wouldn't teach Intelligent Design, per se.

My class would be called Biblical Earth Creation.

My teachings would include:

What was created on what day, as conveyed to us in Genesis 1.
How this differs with the order as conveyed to us in Evolution.

The Water Canopy, Gap, and Day-Age theories.
Literal interpretation vs allegorical interpretation.
How to spot doctrine in the Poetical books.
The 4 Laws of Thermodynamics
The 4 Physical Forces of the Universe.
What "kinds" are in Genesis 1.
How to read the plan of salvation in the constellations, and knowing which constellation should come first, and why.
What the Star of Bethlehem was, and the significance of the Sun going dark the day Jesus was Crucified.
The subliminal portrayals of Jesus' deity in the Old Testament.
How a 2nd and 3rd dimensions of time could easily explain such things as how prophecy works, and how one day with the Lord can be 1000 years on earth, and how God can hear the prayers of David and myself at the same time, etc.
et. al.

SOURCE: Post 233

Only about half of this could be categorized as "Biblical Earth Creation".

Some things that aren't:

1. "The Anthropic Principle" is nothing.

2. "Literal interpretation vs allegorical interpretation." is theology, but it might be needed to justify your interpretation of Gen 1 & 2.

3. "How to spot doctrine in the Poetical books." is theology or bible study methods. Also the creation isn't in the "poetic books", but rather in Genesis which is part of the Torah.

4. "The 4 Laws of Thermodynamics" are physics, not creation.

5. "The 4 Physical Forces of the Universe." are also physics, not creation and not mentioned in the bible (well, there might be some mentions of gravity, but the rest of the forces are not mentioned.)

6. "How to read the plan of salvation in the constellations, and knowing which constellation should come first, and why." is astrology, and sounds blasphemous to my old understanding, but I was never a baptist, so who knows what youse guys think.

7. "What the Star of Bethlehem was, and the significance of the Sun going dark the day Jesus was Crucified." is about the earthly life of Jesus, not the Creation.

8. "The subliminal portrayals of Jesus' deity in the Old Testament." Not creationism but Jesus related. Ask the rabbinical authorities what they think about them.

9. "How a 2nd and 3rd dimensions of time..." No such things have been demonstrated.

So much content that doesn't have anything to do with biblical creation. I think your students should want their money back.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,142.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Can you say that with certainty?
Only, I think, in the case where one substitutes: 'unknown' with an assumed true posit of: 'pure beliefs do not exist', whilst ignoring the untestability of that latter proposition(?)
(Ie: the latter posit itself, is also nothing more than just another belief).

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only, I think, in the case where one substitutes: 'unknown' with an assumed true posit of: 'pure beliefs do not exist', whilst ignoring the untestability of that latter proposition(?)
(Ie: the latter posit itself, is also nothing more than just another belief).
Skavau?

Upvote 0