WI
✟78,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian bi guy, the pride flag needs to stop getting slapped onto merchandise. Does everything have to be gay nowadays? Back in 2016, when I realized I was bi, there was none of this commercialization of pride flags. And, flags are idolization in my opinion, whether that be pledging to the American flag (or any other nation's flag), or having gay flags left and right everywhere. Fast forward to the end of the 2010s decade, and companies jumped on the rainbow bandwagon. Now, in the mid-2020s decade (2023 to the end of 2026), it is in full swing.

In other words, the companies should leave Christmas alone. It is a sacred holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus, not something to be rainbow-ified.

This is just a move by large corporations to milk money out of consumers.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As someone who works at target, I can confirm they are selling pride-theme Christmas decorations. It saddens me.
Yeah it seems to becoming quite the thing for Target.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The retail giant Target is once again at the center of controversy for another LGBTQ+ product: a “Pride Christmas Nutcracker Figure.”

Target has been the subject of a national boycott because of its “pride collection,” likely contributing to declining sales for the last two fiscal quarters.

“Bring uplifting flair to your holiday decor with this Pride Nutcracker Figurine from Wondershop™,” a description of the product says.

“This charming nutcracker figurine with a light purple beard and hair wears a blue and white jacket with golden trim and rainbow lapels, black and blue dress pants, and a rainbow hat, and it also holds a Pride flag in hand,” it says.

The ornament holds a “progress” pride flag, which features white, pink, and blue stripes representing transgender people. Black and brown stripes represent marginalized people with black or brown skin color.

Conservative and Christian commentators began calling for boycotts following news of Target’s pride merchandise and partnership in May. Calls for a boycott have continued by commentators and online since then.

Some commentators and social media posts criticized Target because of the nutcracker figure, which has been sold in the past, according to Queer News Tonight.

Continued below.

Upvote 0