✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chicago loses Whole Foods, and Wal Mart, now this too
"Target said it will close nine stores across the country after struggling with crime and safety threats at those locations.
Target, which has nearly 2,000 stores in the U.S., has been outspoken about organized retail crime at its stores and said theft has driven higher levels of shrink.
Target is closing locations in New York City, Seattle, San Francisco and Portland."

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been hearing for a long time that rampant crime isn't taking place according to the statistics. And that Fox news is just making it up. Now finally even outlets like CNBC are acknowledging the problem. Woke politics invoking law enforcement stand downs and defunding is wreaking havoc. But then again many in favor of it want anarchy.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Earlier this year I posted a thread about Walmart closings in mostly the same places that Target is closing. Walmart said 90 days prior that unspecified stores would be closing. General reports of rampant retail theft were circulating at the time. Walmart closed their stores in places like Seattle, Portland etc officially stating “underperformance” but the reason was clear. I had to debate with those of different ideological views on these matters ( hope this sentence is not insensitive, it is not intended to be).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Earlier this year I posted a thread about Walmart closings in mostly the same places that Target is closing. Walmart said 90 days prior that unspecified stores would be closing. General reports of rampant retail theft were circulating at the time. Walmart closed their stores in places like Seattle, Portland etc officially stating “underperformance” but the reason was clear. I had to duke it out ( rhetorically) with ideological deniers.

They closed down the WalMart where I used to get my oil changed for years. During the change I'd walk around the store. Over time it ended up to where an incredible amount of merchandise was locked up to prevent theft. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence. Really the underperformance part is most likely a result of needing an employee to keep unlocking most of what you wanted to buy throughout the store. Even underwear and socks needed to be locked up.

image-from-ios-2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
They closed down the WalMart where I used to get my oil changed for years. During the change I'd walk around the store. Over time it ended up to where an incredible amount of merchandise was locked up to prevent theft. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence. Really the underperformance part is most likely a result of needing an employee to keep unlocking most of what you wanted to buy throughout the store. Even mens underwear needed to be locked up.

image-from-ios-2.jpg
It is sad that these situations develop.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is sad that these situations develop.
They seem to have developed through the liberal government deciding it's okay for people to steal and that stopping them is discrimination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They seem to have developed through the liberal government deciding it's okay for people to steal and that stopping them is discrimination.

I live in a deep red area of Arizona...and theft is a problem. IMO, the issue is individuals think it's okay to steal. That isn't a government issue. That's a morality issue.

What happened to personal accountability?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

There was just one problem with the explanation Target gave for closing stores: The locations it shuttered generally saw fewer reported crimes than others it chose to keep open nearby, a monthslong CNBC investigation has found.​
CNBC’s findings cast doubt on Target’s explanation and raise questions about whether the company’s announcement was designed to advance its legislative agenda — seeking a crackdown on organized retail crime — and to obscure poor financial performance at the stores as it grapples with sliding sales.​

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Retailers who blame organized theft for lower profits could be overstating crime’s impact to cover up internal flaws or self-inflicted problems, CNBC has learned.​
During recent earnings calls, major companies have blamed disappointing bottom lines or shrinking margins in part on roving bands of organized gangs that ransack their shelves. The issue could come up again as a string of major retailers start to report second-quarter results next week.​
But behind closed doors, retailers are facing other issues they can better control, including theft by their own employees, that are contributing to losses, according to two sources who advise major retailers. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they’re not authorized to speak publicly about clients.​

Upvote 0