• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Taking Questions on the Creation

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by AV1611VET, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Athrond

Athrond Regular Member

+16
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Eh. That's after they ate the fruit AV.

No matter how often God spake unto them, they would't know what was good and what was evil. My argument stands.

Ath

2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    According to some, the Fall didn't occur until about a year after the Creation.

3. Athrond

Athrond Regular Member

+16
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Epic fail.
    Doesn't matter AV. My argument stands.

Doesn't change the fact that A&E was punished for a "crime" that couldn't have been a "crime" until after they had dunnit.

There goes original sin out the window, jesus meaningless etc.etc, etc, etc....

Really, this ceases to be a problem once you accept the bible as non-literal. How about it AV?

A.

PS Logging off now. Cya tomorrow.

4. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    And they dunnit, and they was punished.

5. BananaSlug

BananaSlug Life is an experiment, experience it!

+100
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Then wouldn't they already know the difference between Good and Evil? If they already knew the difference between Good and Evil because "God walked and talked with them often," then eating of the fruit would have been redundant.

AV, your posts in this thread have become inane dribble. The star story, are you serious (refer to page 5)? Is this stuff you make up to try and reconcile your belief system with the evidence around you?

Psalm 19:1-4 The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.

So I guess God either created a world with the appearance that it is much older than it actually is, or, a world that is in fact as old as evidence says it is. AV, you claim God "jumbled" the fossil record to "fool" us athiests. However, the Bible says the firmament proclaims his handiwork. How do you reconcile this?

6. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    If that's what they discussed --- yes --- they would already know the difference.
    Eating the fruit would have been a sin --- God told them not to --- they did it --- sin.
    Good --- for more insane dribble --- read God's Voice in the Stars by Kenneth C. Fleming.

[​IMG]

On second thought --- don't read it --- I like being accused of making things up.
    The latter.
    No, I don't --- but feel free to keep thinking I did --- I wouldn't want anyone to stop misquoting/misrepresenting me.
    I'll make something up --- ;)

7. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,221
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

They were warned not to eat the fruit, and chose to believe the devil. That is what they paid a price, as was explained to them, for.

8. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The first time I ever told my son not to cross the street, and he came back with, "Why? Show me traffic patterns during my playtime, along with the average speed in front of our house, along with kinetic energy and momentum computations and that would impact my safety." --- he'd have an impact crater on his behind from my belt.

9. Breckmin

Breckmin Junior Member

+50
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Why is the focus on AV rather than the position that AV holds to.
    This is my first post here in this thread, and I haven't read anything
    AV has written, but my question is "How come AV" is the subject
    here, instead of what AV believes about creationism or Darwinian
    evolutionary theory?

Can you not change your own position on common descent with
    modification? Or do commonalities HAVE TO equal relatedness?

Is there no option to examine data and come to conclusions apart
    from AV's uses of evidences or lack of uses of scientific interpretations?

No where did I see you quote where AV said he rejected all evidence.
    No where did I see you quote where AV defined what science is,
    or whether he accepted or rejected evidence which was falsifiable.

My only observation was that the post was more about AV, and
    not about any alleged evidences for creationism.

I hope I've made you think a second time.
    ~Michael

10. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,696
    Atheist
    Because unlike you, n00b, most of us have been dealing with AV for two long long years. (I could have sworn it was much longer than 2+ years.)

AV's art form is to make every thread about him.

11. Breckmin

Breckmin Junior Member

+50
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So where he leads, you follow?

Why not make the thread about the merits of what he says
    or does not say rather than about him personally?

~Michael

12. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Because what AV says all too often has no merit whatsoever. We are talking about a man who claims that four-legged grasshoppers came about as a result from nuclear fallout from fighting Angels.

So, you were asking about merits?

13. Matthewj1985

Matthewj1985 Well-Known Member

+58
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    You believe that everything that goes against the literal version of the bible is false correct? Say the age of the earth? Confirmed by multiple fields of science but in direct contradiction to a literal interpretation.

14. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You mean here?

15. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Show me where the Bible quotes the age of the earth --- literally or otherwise.

16. Nathan Poe

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    That's the stuff -- comedy platinum.

17. Nathan Poe

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    The Bible may not say it, but you do. Are you now admitting that your ideas concerning the age of the Earth are unbiblical?

18. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    So does Wikipedia.

19. Tomk80

Tomk80 Titleless

+384
    Agnostic
    Repeating the question asked by Nathan and so sneakily cut out by AV:
    So do you now admit that your ideas about the age of the earth are unbiblical?

20. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    Michael, it is about the position AV holds. Which is, science/evidence is all good so long as it doesn't contradict the Bible (as interpreted by AV, of course). As soon as it does, it can "take a hike".

I think he'll gladly confirm those beliefs if you ask him.

Thaumaturgy seems really hacked off by AV these days (to be honest, I'm not entirely surprised), but that doesn't mean he's shooting random ad hominems at him. What he says about AV is certainly very relevant to the position AV expresses on this very forum.

(Which is a totally illogical and inconsistent position, and, frankly, more than a little insulting to us scientist and science student folks.)

Bad luck for beginners, I'm afraid. Most of us regulars know AV too well.

Hey, first of all, AV thinks there is no evidence for creation as in Genesis 1 (which is, IMHO, the most honest position for a creationist to hold, but unfortunately it's only part of the story with AV).

Second, you'll find that many crevo threads have little to do with the theme of the forum ;)