Synod Open-Letter Author: ‘Answers to New Questions Found by Listening Obediently to the Word of God’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father Luc de Bellescize, former secretary of Archbishop Michel Aupetit of Paris, says the choice of some clergymen to embrace worldliness to the detriment of divine Revelation has already provoked a form of schism in the Church.

PARIS — The turbulent events of recent years in the Church, particularly in France, have often prompted Father Luc de Bellescize to take up his pen to challenge and awaken consciences. He is the author of a number of incisive columns that candidly analyze the crisis facing the Church and the priestly vocation.

“I’d like to confide in you that this year, during the ordinations, I experienced a feeling of joy mixed with dread as I laid hands on the young priests in the long procession so anemic and floating does the Church seem to me,” he wrote in his recent open letter to the 21 new cardinals named by Pope Francis, published ahead of the Synod on Synodality to be held in Rome Oct. 4-29. In his view, today’s Church does not know where she’s going and constantly tries to redefine herself “because she’s forgotten too much about where she came from.”

Continued below.