• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Symptoms of diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The classic symptoms of diabetes are:
  • frequent urination, with large volumes of urine (polyuria),
  • excessive thirst (polydipsia),
  • hunger (polyphagia), and
  • weight loss.
Other symptoms might include:
  • fatigue,
  • blurry vision,
  • odd aches and pains,
  • dry mouth,
  • dry or itchy skin,
  • impotence (in a male),
  • vaginal yeast infections (in a female),
  • poor healing of cuts and scrapes, or
  • excessive or unusual infections.
Not everybody will have every one of these symptoms. Indeed, some people may have no symptoms at all!

Click here for full article

http://www.diabetesmonitor.com/b72.htm

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HowardDean said:
How do they test for it? Can drinking a Lot of soda give it to you? I ask because my son drinks a lot, is tired often, is thirsty often.

It is tested through a blood test. Just drinking a lot of soda isn't going to 'give' him diabetes. I have another thread on the risk factors, you might check there to see if he is on the list. Have him checked by your family doctor if you really think he might be.

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HowardDean said:
I was tested for it during pregnancy with just drinking the orange liquid.

Yes, I remember that awful stuff!!! You drank that, then after a while, they did the blood tests. I was gestational diabetic when I was pregnant in 85, and was diagnosed with Type II in '03.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

May 31, 2006
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let a brother testisy. I had developed Type II after having 1/2 of my right lungs removed. I was already a beleiving Christian. I've had a heart attack at 28. The lung surgery came at age 34 and the diabetes at 35. I had been carrying a load now. SO I prayed "Lord, If I can carry all the load for all for of my children and make their little lives easier then so be it, if it be your will." Well, now I'm 40 and almost broke. My back is bad and I have possibily testicular cancer. SO...feeling like a traitor I returned to the Lord and prayd. "Lord, I accept my cross gladly, but this dang diabetes is more aggrivating that anything. I'll gladly keep it if you could only help me lessen the pain. You know what, through this past winter I losts from 240# to 206#. Now No insulin and most days no glasses. Praise be to our Merciful God. He carries his children when we can't walk. Prasie be to God. :bow:

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Plowboy said:
Let a brother testisy. I had developed Type II after having 1/2 of my right lungs removed. I was already a beleiving Christian. I've had a heart attack at 28. The lung surgery came at age 34 and the diabetes at 35. I had been carrying a load now. SO I prayed "Lord, If I can carry all the load for all for of my children and make their little lives easier then so be it, if it be your will." Well, now I'm 40 and almost broke. My back is bad and I have possibily testicular cancer. SO...feeling like a traitor I returned to the Lord and prayd. "Lord, I accept my cross gladly, but this dang diabetes is more aggrivating that anything. I'll gladly keep it if you could only help me lessen the pain. You know what, through this past winter I losts from 240# to 206#. Now No insulin and most days no glasses. Praise be to our Merciful God. He carries his children when we can't walk. Prasie be to God. :bow:

Yes, God is certainly good, Plowboy!!:clap:

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I did a report on Diabetes in 7th grade and was surprised to recognize many of the symptoms in myself. My mother thought I was just being a hypochondriac though. Then when we went on a road trip, my parents began to notice as well. My father is also a type 1 diabetic, and so we tested my blood sugar and it was high. I was lucky enough to catch it early though.

My friends actually think its fun to test their blood sugar :D That I won't understand

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HowardDean said:
How do they test for it? Can drinking a Lot of soda give it to you? I ask because my son drinks a lot, is tired often, is thirsty often.
A friend of mine was just diagnosed with Type II diabetes. His daily regimin had been to drink lots of orange or apple juice in the morning, as his breakfast, and then drink sugar-laden sodas througout the day. It finally caught-up to him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.