Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ever read Sword of Truth Series book by Terry Goodkind? It was really good book. I'm on end of his second book out of eleven book so far. Man, it is long. I'm just forward to see if someone had or are reading this book so that we can come up an idea to discuss just for fun!

Cody J. †

CodyJohnson117

Oct 21, 2005
Paris, Texas
Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I enjoyed the first six, but Pillars of Creation ruined everything for me. Since the seventh book its never felt the same and everyone with the exception of Kahlan either bores or annoys me.

Really... Hmm, that's sound sucks. I thought Wizard's First Rule was pretty good that he introduce background, characters, and it explain what Terry Goodkind is going to write the whole series. Well, did you know Spider Man movie director and Terry will might create a movie for 2008 or early 2007? That would pretty excited isn't it... Richard Cypher is pretty brilliant.

Cody J. †

Upvote 0

CodyJohnson117

Oct 21, 2005
Paris, Texas
Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh dear, I really hope that doesn't occur. Goodkind is way too dense to be turned into a movie. I would like to see a mini series over a movie. The same I would say for the Wheel of Time.

Well... that's what they said. They would probably see a mini series, but I don't know for sure. They only send one article overall. They will probably tell us more around in summer. Just hoping they will skip some nudity part.

Cody J. †
I've never made it past book 7, and I've tried like three times. But I don't like Goodkind much really, I think the only good book he has written is Wizard's First Rule.

Yeah, I bet Terry Goodkind got little too deeper didn't he?

Cody J. †

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well... that's what they said. They would probably see a mini series, but I don't know for sure. They only send one article overall. They will probably tell us more around in summer. Just hoping they will skip some nudity part.

Cody J. †

Yeah, I bet Terry Goodkind got little too deeper didn't he?

Cody J. †
I don't have a problem with deep books, I generally enjoy them. I just got sick of the thinly veiled anti-Communist rants and sadomasochist females. Also, the writing went downhill and I lost all interest in the characters. I felt like there was no reason to attempt to finish the series.

Upvote 0

CodyJohnson117

Oct 21, 2005
Paris, Texas
Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't have a problem with deep books, I generally enjoy them. I just got sick of the thinly veiled anti-Communist rants and sadomasochist females. Also, the writing went downhill and I lost all interest in the characters. I felt like there was no reason to attempt to finish the series.

Yeah, it just made you feel that it's time to change different story or different book by different author, lol. Or maybe just because you are a female :pJust Kidding...

Cody J. †

Upvote 0

CodyJohnson117

Oct 21, 2005
Paris, Texas
Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I just don't like wasting my time reading crappy books when there are so many good ones out there :)

That is pretty true. I also want to read different book such as left behind that I never read them yet or Brain Jacques series or author Sue Henry's book. Yeah... Basically, there is so many new books came out each week. Gosh. Anyway, I think Kahlan is sound pretty and most every man wants her, lol. I really like Richard's facial character. Sometime I had to go back and read some part of Wizard's First Rule book while reading Stone of Tears book. Its little bit confusion. Does that happen to you also?

Cody J. †

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BoxBunny

Dec 13, 2006
✟7,743.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
-nods- So very true Nienor. I'd be interested in hearing what you've been reading since the disaster that was Pillars of Creation.

I keep getting tricked back into the series by friends who continue to find him original. I hate it but I'll probably end up finishing the series because it is so close to the end. Who know, maybe Richard will die.

Cody, once you get a feel for the way magic works in this world it stops feeling so dense. After the first book it gets simpler as Goodkind apparently finds it novel to keeping giving us one rule a book past the first book that seems to be the theme of the day.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That is pretty true. I also want to read different book such as left behind that I never read them yet or Brain Jacques series or author Sue Henry's book. Yeah... Basically, there is so many new books came out each week. Gosh. Anyway, I think Kahlan is sound pretty and most every man wants her, lol. I really like Richard's facial character. Sometime I had to go back and read some part of Wizard's First Rule book while reading Stone of Tears book. Its little bit confusion. Does that happen to you also?
Not too often, but I've reread passages on a frequent basis :)

-nods- So very true Nienor. I'd be interested in hearing what you've been reading since the disaster that was Pillars of Creation.
George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire is my current favorite, though I also recommend anything by Neil Gaiman and CS Friedman. Jim Butcher's Dresden Files are also pretty great, though they're much more in the contemporary fantasy genre :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I really enjoyed it in the beginning but haven't read any since Naked Empire. I started to dislike Richard in Pillars of Creation and it only got worse in Naked Empire. The books seem to be getting kind of preachy, if that makes any sense, and to be trying to set one set of ideals above another. It might just be me but it seems almost like Goodkind started out with a great series then decided to use it as a vehicle for an agenda. That's the best way I can describe it.

One thing I always loved about the series though is how dense it is without becoming so convoluted and confusing like Wheel of Time did. I think Path of Daggers was the last WoT book I read and I was pretty lost in it because I couldn't remember all of the 500,000 subplots that have developed throughout the series that are just critical enough to require your attention for the whole to make sense. [/rant]

Upvote 0

CodyJohnson117

Oct 21, 2005
Paris, Texas
Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really enjoyed it in the beginning but haven't read any since Naked Empire. I started to dislike Richard in Pillars of Creation and it only got worse in Naked Empire. The books seem to be getting kind of preachy, if that makes any sense, and to be trying to set one set of ideals above another. It might just be me but it seems almost like Goodkind started out with a great series then decided to use it as a vehicle for an agenda. That's the best way I can describe it.

One thing I always loved about the series though is how dense it is without becoming so convoluted and confusing like Wheel of Time did. I think Path of Daggers was the last WoT book I read and I was pretty lost in it because I couldn't remember all of the 500,000 subplots that have developed throughout the series that are just critical enough to require your attention for the whole to make sense. [/rant]

Thanks for sharing... I still haven't read or continuous my reading because this is a spring break and I just never had a time to read, lol. Anyway, when I finish reading Stone of Tears and then Blood of the Flood. I might just stop there and try different series with different author, I guess. Maybe Brain Jacques because I heard lots of my friend said it's pretty good and entertaining. Have you read his series yet? It might be immature thing, but the author has something in his mind, brilliant.

Cody J. †

Upvote 0

Christopher Fox

God botherer
Jul 7, 2004
✟9,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read the first few books. I agree with the earlier comment that Wizard's First Rule is the best book. For me, the whole thing became a little right-wing and .... well, weird!

I think the reason I persisted beyond the first book is that Goodkind is a very good storyteller. Even if his ideas are eventually unsatifactory.

God bless - Chris

Upvote 0
Dec 4, 2006
✟15,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love the SOT books!! Their amazing!! At the moment I'm on book 9 I think and I'm still very much enjoying them!! Whoever says that they can't get passed a certain book oviously isn't trying very hard...

Yes some of the parts are boring but over all the good parts weigh out the boring parts...(at least in my perspective) If you can get passed POC (pillers of creation) then it gets a lot better again! but...yeaa I LOVE SOT and I can't wait for the mini series!

Foreverlost<><

Upvote 0