Switching Churches

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
SavedSista said:
Hi, I am new to this site. I am very glad that I found it. I have a very serious question. I want to change my church home. When is it okay to do so?

SavedSista

A few questions first.

When you say your home church are you meaning that you just want to transfer from one SDA Church to another SDA Church.

If that is the case then you can change your home church as often as you like.

I do suggest thyat you stay in one church for as long as possible. the reason being is that you then become part of the family.

A Church is like a big family. You get to know the other members and they get to know you.

Choose an SDA Church you are comfortable with and that keeps to what is known as the "truth".

That way your relationship with Jesus Christ will always be the most important aspect of your Church membership.

If this is not what you mean then let me know please.

Happy Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SavedSista

Aug 12, 2005
✟7,613.00
Faith
SDA
Hi Cliff, thanks for answering. I would like to remain in an Adventist church. Although I have to honestly admit I have considered leaving. I have been researching 7th day Baptist. It has been during this time that I have discovered that I love the Adventist church! I have never learned so much in such a short amount of time. I love the way the church encourages you to stay close to Jesus. No dusty bibles allowed!

Happy Sabbath

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
SavedSista said:
Hi Cliff, thanks for answering. I would like to remain in an Adventist church. Although I have to honestly admit I have considered leaving. I have been researching 7th day Baptist. It has been during this time that I have discovered that I love the Adventist church! I have never learned so much in such a short amount of time. I love the way the church encourages you to stay close to Jesus. No dusty bibles allowed!

Happy Sabbath
Greetings SavedSista,
Boy, you got that right about no "dusty Bibles"! (haha)
When I was growing up my parents used to send me to the local Baptist church on occassion. For the years I went there I do not remember a single time when I was asked to study any part of the scriptures - as such, I didn't.
Since becoming a SDA, I've never done more Bible research in all my life! You are so right about the learning curve; the encouragement the SDA church has given me to really study my Bible has made all the difference in my life.
Its funny that you mentioned the 7th Day Baptist church for my wife and I contacted one (prior to becoming SDA) to inquire as to what they believed. (The reason we were asking them was because we already knew the Sabbath truth from our own studying so we were checking out other Sabbath-keeping churchs.) What shocked me was that the church we contacted said they didn't have a position/doctrine on the State of the Dead! WHAT?!?!? I was shocked and astounded - how can a church NOT have a docturnal stance on that subject?
It was shortly after that that we were baptised into the SDA church and have been very happy ever since. My dad (who is Pentacostal along with his parents) aren't too happy about my choice, needless to say. But I know what the Bible says, and as such, the SDA church was the only one for me and my family.

Happy Sabbath everyone!!!

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I could never leave the Adventist church now, nor the way of life.

This is the only time, in my entire Christian walk, (and I'm 51 years old) that I have been not only encouraged to research out and study my bible, but to ASK any and all questions I may have without fear of bringing the wrath of the minister down on my head.

When you have the TRUTH, there is no reason to fear questions.

No, I'm finally HOME, and no one is evicting THIS girl. LOL

Upvote 0
S

Starr SDA Living Word

SassySDA said:
I could never leave the Adventist church now, nor the way of life.

This is the only time, in my entire Christian walk, (and I'm 51 years old) that I have been not only encouraged to research out and study my bible, but to ASK any and all questions I may have without fear of bringing the wrath of the minister down on my head.

When you have the TRUTH, there is no reason to fear questions.

No, I'm finally HOME, and no one is evicting THIS girl. LOL
I feel the same way. Amen. God Is Good All The Time. Amen!!!

Upvote 0