✟105,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 346758
I have to say the same, and I am a left leaning environmentalist dude. Now, while I do not like Trump, for reasons I explained a while ago, Biden is a Catholic in Name Only. He is not pro-life, and his gender stuff is toxic for our country. Biden needs to focus on real issues such as poverty alleviation, immigrant screenings (so all immigrants can be productive, tax paying members of society instead of leaching off of funds), and helping US citizens. Now, the Ukraine aid package was important, but instead of spending $60B, Biden could have decided to cut foreign funding in half, and give $30B to helping the US economy instead. $30B could still get Ukraine some fancy aircraft, such as some F-16s or even F-35s, though I do not support war. An F-35 costs ~$100M, so in theory Ukraine could get 300 F-35s for $30B (simple armchair math): Newest F-35, F-15EX contracts are set. Here's how much they cost. (EXCLUSIVE) - Breaking Defense

We need new candidates, ASAP. :) A new democrat candidate and a new republican candidate would be nice.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟331,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to say the same, and I am a left leaning environmentalist dude. Now, while I do not like Trump, for reasons I explained a while ago, Biden is a Catholic in Name Only. He is not pro-life, and his gender stuff is toxic for our country. Biden needs to focus on real issues such as poverty alleviation,

I'm curious, what do you think he should do about poverty? We already spend billions on welfare and the Inflation Reduction Act of Biden's gave even more to try and help the poor. What specific programs do you think would help -- particularly that Congress would approve?

For example, I think we need single payer health care and that it would greatly help the poor. The issue is, there is no way that is getting through Congress (even the Senate) anytime soon.

immigrant screenings (so all immigrants can be productive, tax paying members of society instead of leaching off of funds),

Congress blocked Biden's bill that would have done just that.

and helping US citizens. Now, the Ukraine aid package was important, but instead of spending $60B,

You do realize that 90% of the Ukraine spending is spent in the US -- that money directly helps US Citizens by providing jobs and putting more money into the economy.

Biden could have decided to cut foreign funding in half, and give $30B to helping the US economy instead. $30B could still get Ukraine some fancy aircraft, such as some F-16s or even F-35s, though I do not support war. An F-35 costs ~$100M, so in theory Ukraine could get 300 F-35s for $30B (simple armchair math): Newest F-35, F-15EX contracts are set. Here's how much they cost. (EXCLUSIVE) - Breaking Defense

Aircraft aren't really what Ukraine needs, though they could likely use a few more F-16s (which we would then replace with F-35s for our Air Force. We don't send our best weaponry to foreign countries, as a general rule -- what we sell (even if current generation) none of the cutting edge tech, that we reserve for the US Armed Forces. With Ukraine, this is doubly true since we don't want our best technology to end up in Russian hands.

The biggest thing Ukraine currently needs is things like artillery shells, missiles, and possibly more armored vehicles (to include mine sweepers).

We need new candidates, ASAP. :) A new democrat candidate and a new republican candidate would be nice.

I've been saying this for at least a year.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟105,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious, what do you think he should do about poverty? We already spend billions on welfare and the Inflation Reduction Act of Biden's gave even more to try and help the poor. What specific programs do you think would help -- particularly that Congress would approve?

For example, I think we need single payer health care and that it would greatly help the poor. The issue is, there is no way that is getting through Congress (even the Senate) anytime soon.

Congress blocked Biden's bill that would have done just that.

You do realize that 90% of the Ukraine spending is spent in the US -- that money directly helps US Citizens by providing jobs and putting more money into the economy.

Aircraft aren't really what Ukraine needs, though they could likely use a few more F-16s (which we would then replace with F-35s for our Air Force. We don't send our best weaponry to foreign countries, as a general rule -- what we sell (even if current generation) none of the cutting edge tech, that we reserve for the US Armed Forces. With Ukraine, this is doubly true since we don't want our best technology to end up in Russian hands.

The biggest thing Ukraine currently needs is things like artillery shells, missiles, and possibly more armored vehicles (to include mine sweepers).

I've been saying this for at least a year.
Yeah, congress is the problem as well. We almost need a parliamentary system, as things may get passed easier that way. Maybe the F-16s could work better, as the technology is less advanced. Also, I did not know that 90% of Ukraine spending goes back to us. So, maybe some mine sweepers and artillery shells could work. But hey, if we lived in a world of peace, shells would refer to the mollusks we find on the beach, not high-speed metal ballistics. But still, $60B is too big of a number for me to swallow, so $30B might still be better. That money probably goes to Lockheed Martin, Boeing and whichever company makes tanks and bullets executives, not as much to the working class.

Also, for health care, we should place profit margin caps on Big Pharma, and have a single payer healthcare system. Also, hospital owners should have a maximum income cap of 8x the minimum employee income. If a custodian at a hospital makes say, $15, then the hospital owner should make no more than $100/hr.

Well hey, at least we both agree on new candidates.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟70,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, for health care, we should place profit margin caps on Big Pharma, and have a single payer healthcare system. Also, hospital owners should have a maximum income cap of 8x the minimum employee income. If a custodian at a hospital makes say, $15, then the hospital owner should make no more than $100/hr.
With the exception of a single payer health care system, I find that I have some agreement with you there.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟105,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With the exception of a single payer health care system, I find that I have some agreement with you there.
Well hey, not everyone will agree 100% (if everyone did agree, our world would be dull), but it is awesome that we agree on some things such as putting caps on Big Pharma. Remember, we are all one in Christ (Galatians 3:28). Anyways, it is 12:15 in my area, so I have to get some rest, brother. I've got to get a few chapters finished in Greg Bear - Darwin's Radio sci-fi audio book on Sunday, so I can have time to get Deep Space 9, season 4 done by the middle of May.

God bless, sir.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟903,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Biden's term has been a huge success. Because he's not Trump.

He can leave now.

As long as he's not going to be replaced by Trump.
The problem with that thinking is like it or not Trump is the only other viable option under our system.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The problem with that thinking is like it or not Trump is the only other viable option under our system.
Hence why I’m limited to voting for his opponent.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟903,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hence why I’m limited to voting for his opponent.
but that is what I am saying if people want Biden to leave badly enough which he should for so many reasons it is not EVEN funny then Trump is going to be it. Really if you asks me this election is going to come down to really one thing which major party has fewer votes taken from them by third parties.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
but that is what I am saying if people want Biden to leave badly enough which he should for so many reasons it is not EVEN funny then Trump is going to be it
He’s going to be the republican candidate regardless of Biden stepping down. I loath having to vote for Biden again and keep hoping that both candidates become incapable or running.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟903,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He’s going to be the republican candidate regardless of Biden stepping down. I loath having to vote for Biden again and keep hoping that both candidates become incapable or running.
You can still choose to vote for a third party that is how we change the system it is funny they do not get in because people consider them throw away votes, yet if more pople voted for them at some point that would change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟916,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can still choose to vote for a third party that is how we change the system it is funny they do not get in because people consider them throw away votes, yet if more pople voted for them at some point that would change.
A change won’t start at Presidential elections, so third party is a throw away vote. Change in parties happens at local and state levels. In the end, without a major change ( removing the electoral college and ranked choice voting) we are stuck with only two parties to choose from.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You can still choose to vote for a third party that is how we change the system it

No, that’s how I forfeit what little ability I have to prevent the former president regaining power and actually help him regain it.

is funny they do not get in because people consider them throw away votes,

It’s considered that because that’s the accurate depiction of what it is. No third party is making a serious attempt to build a real alternative to the two major ones. They waste their resources on moonshot campaigns for president rather then doing the boring work of building a voter base and governing at local levels to demonstrate their ideas.

yet if more pople voted for them at some point that would change.
If more people voted for them in presidential campaigns they become spoilers, nothing more.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟247,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Trump is not a viable option, as far as I'm concerned. So no problem. If it's Trump vs Biden, then I vote Biden.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟903,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump is not a viable option, as far as I'm concerned. So no problem. If it's Trump vs Biden, then I vote Biden.
He is viable in as far as he is running for one of the two major parties.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟247,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
He is viable in as far as he is running for one of the two major parties.
He's not a viable choice for me. If all you mean by viable is that he's capable of being elected, sure, but that's not much of a standard. Viable for me means that the candidate meets minimum standards that would allow me to vote for that person. I consider Biden to be viable, despite his serious flaws. Trump falls well below my minimum standards, and so is non-viable as an option.

Nikki Haley would be a viable option, and I voted for her in the primary. Ron DeSantis would be a viable option. Even Ted Cruz would be a viable option. Donald Trump would not be.

Upvote 0