Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I agree with this (from the article) And when in the near future, the priests of the Church of Sweden may look out at the pews that are not just emptying but deserted, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,021.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
As one born and raised in Norway, I lament the Scandinavian churches. Though they have a handful of faithful members, as a body they have completely lost their way.

I pray that with the loss of members it will somehow create a space for a new generation of orthodox. Lord have mercy.

• Prayers
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 22:11 Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy."

Isaiah 32:6 For the vile person will speak villainy, and his heart will work iniquity, to practice hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.

Isaiah 26:10 Though grace is shown to the wicked man, he does not learn righteousness. In the land of righteousness he acts unjustly and fails to see the majesty of the LORD.

Matt 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Matt 7:13-23 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

15“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

17Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down & thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. MANY will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name & done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,634.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
All are welcome into the presence of our Lord, we come accepting His Grace that we may be forgiven of our sins. From that point we are a new creation born of the Spirit and transformed from our past inequities.

This is nothing but a perversion of that. Instead of becoming a new creation they wallow in old sins and called it God's Grace.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I looked at that altarpiece and I see two couples just talking and a human - snake chimaera in the background. I don’t get why you think it’s sexualized. I know it’s not the custom for men to hug or clasp shoulders in the USA and women here don’t hold hands but they do in other countries.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

Fits this situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KeeperOfMemories

Nov 29, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟19,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When the church just wants to mirror the culture, what's the point in going? Why get up on Sunday morning just to see a culture that you already see every other day of the week? Sure, not being challenged and the idea of being "welcoming" are nice, but lets be honest, it's not very engaging either.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

riesie

Jun 22, 2015
The Netherlands
✟68,626.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married