Visit site
✟15,980.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think if the person realizes the mistake they have made and asks the Lord for forgiveness and if they feel led to go to the person they may have wronged, then they should go to that person and set it right. God is a loving God, He is a forgiving God, all we have to do is ask for that forgiveness and let Him have it... Always putting it in God's hands and letting Him deal with things is the best way to deal with it and He will tell the person what they need to do in the end.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟348,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It also says to obey the laws and at court recently you don't have to swear on a Bible, but I don't think that makes your word more true, which is what the passage is referencing.

I gotchya!

Yeah, if someone's going to lie then they're going to lie.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What would happen if a person swore on their soul while holding the Bible about something, and later remembered additional details which made them realize they had actually lied? Can this be forgiven?

Yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think the Bible is magical, and I don't think taking an oath while touching or holding a Bible makes the oath any different.

That is what was being addressed in the Bible. Some thought if they gave their word while doing certain things, it made it more binding. God says just let your yes mean yes and your no mean no, regardless of where you are.

Upvote 0