Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
That's quite an interesting question as this was part of Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophy. He had more respect for Judaism than Christianity because the brutality of the Old Testament seemed to fit in with the new notion of 'survival of the fittest'. In the OT God did indeed seem to favour his people to the extend he was willing to destroy others. Elephanticity was really quite accurate when he wrote "it's more 'survival of the chosen' than the fittest."

Agreed, since there was nothing particularly "fit" or special about the jews before God allegedly chose them -- it was completely arbitrary.

Not that there's anything particularly surprising about that -- religious peoples have commonly attributed their victories to divine blessing after the fact.

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Agreed, since there was nothing particularly "fit" or special about the jews before God allegedly chose them -- it was completely arbitrary.

Not that there's anything particularly surprising about that -- religious peoples have commonly attributed their victories to divine blessing after the fact.

In fact the Jew's were the lowliest of the low, according to tradition God offered the Torah to the other nations before us...

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But I realize why you guys don't understand my answer, since it called for a simple "yes" or "no"; and I complied, rather than yakked for two paragraphs and said nothing.

Some of us recognize that this is a Discussion Forum. This means to discuss ideas and subjects pertinent to the forum topics. For others who shall remain nameless (e.g. you and dad) it is a place one can sprout one's own ideology and either ignore or dismiss out of hand any argument against it. Even if this means posting, "No," and nothing else.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some of us recognize that this is a Discussion Forum. This means to discuss ideas and subjects pertinent to the forum topics. For others who shall remain nameless (e.g. you and dad) it is a place one can sprout one's own ideology and either ignore or dismiss out of hand any argument against it. Even if this means posting, "No," and nothing else.
If someone doesn't understand a "no" when they see it, I'm sure not going to get into a discussion with them -- even if discussing it was mandatory.

Would you?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,027.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If someone doesn't understand a "no" when they see it, I'm sure not going to get into a discussion with them -- even if discussing it was mandatory.

Would you?

Well, since the person has not been active on the forums for the past 8 years it would seem the question is moot.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, since the person has not been active on the forums for the past 8 years it would seem the question is moot.
You guys are solid gold and onna roll.

We're not talking about the OP, are we?

[Note: This thread was definitely worth reactivating.]

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can we just clarify something, are you still a mod in training, or have you just not got round to updating / removing that part of your sig yet?
No, I am no longer a moderator-in-training.

And thank you for bringing my signature to my attention.

Signature fixed.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
We're not talking about the OP, are we?

[Note: This thread was definitely worth reactivating.]

Only because we're now talking about the thing you truly worship -- the center of your universe and the only thing you ever truly want to discuss -- yourself.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only because we're now talking about the thing you truly worship -- the center of your universe and the only thing you ever truly want to discuss -- yourself.
And I can always rely on you and PGP to show up after me with your spam, can't I? ;)

(At least I boost my post count with numbers -- not rotting spam.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
And I can always rely on you and PGP to show up after me with your spam, can't I? ;)

You don't like having your antics exposed, do you?

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
My 'antics' don't bother me one bit.

They wouldn't -- they draw attention to you.

For some reason, it seems to bother you guys though.

Because in all the time you've been here, you've never once added anything useful or constructive to any discussion you've ever been a part of -- you care only for promoting yourself, and we have the counting threads and necros to prove it.

(Sheesh, no wonder the mods dropped your training)

It's not so much that you're wasing your own life -- nobody here cares about that -- it's that most of us are here for interesting and thoughtful discussion, and are quite weary of wading through your vanity posts to find something.

We'd put you on ignore, but evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Reactions: dawiyd
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Spamming the spammer. ^_^
;)

I honestly don't think I'm spamming though.

There are very good questions asked back then, and I wish I had been around to answer them; but I figure today's crew can handle them.

All they need to do is get around a few mental blocks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because in all the time you've been here, you've never once added anything useful or constructive to any discussion you've ever been a part of --
That happens to be your opinion; and even if it's shared with others, I'd say you guys are in the minority.

If you're not in the minority, then you're certainly not here to learn anything; are you?

Like I said -- and I'll say it yet again if I have to -- I spend more time correcting you guys, than you guys spend time correcting me.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
That happens to be your opinion; and even if it's shared with others, I'd say you guys are in the minority.

If you're not in the minority, then you're certainly not here to learn anything; are you?

You're not here to teach anything except AV worship, so it's a moot point.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

(At least I boost my post count with numbers -- not rotting spam.)
If you think it's spam report it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.