• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Suppose

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by MorkandMindy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+554
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Suppose the Right wing got it's way,

Zero taxes, no government hand outs, no government interference. [edit: no government money redistribution or regulated pay rates]

A low paid job might pay 6.00 dollars an hour, work 3000 hours a year like they do in China [edit: or many people working two jobs do in the US, and I did in England] and get paid 18,000 dollars a year.

Medical care would be just 540 dollars a month plus a max of 8,150 dollars a year = 14,630 (Obamacare Bronze)
    I live in a converted single garage and rent + utilities = 6,600 per year
    So I'd make overall 18,000 - 21,230 a year.

I'd be in the red, and that's assuming I fasted all year.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Wow! How did America even survive to make it to the year 1942?

By the way, it's not just the Left wing that demands tribute. If that were the case; the income tax would have been lifted from the masses after WWII. It's Authoritarians in general that keep this machine rolling.

How could we survive without Authoritarians controlling us, would be the more appropriate question.

3. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+2,973
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    You don't know what the goals of the right are but you use failed left entities (Communist China and Obamacare) to show some kind of dystopian future of such goals?

You're backwards and upsidedown.

4. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+970
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    I'm afraid that communist China is a bad example to use for a fully capitalist society.

5. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,116
    Christian
    Single
    I somehow think there is more to it than the OP states.

6. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+14,529
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    The Christian Right doesn't appear to believe that we can.

7. HARK!

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I'm certain of it. I barely even scratched the surface. This is going to be fun.

8. HARK!

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Not all of the Christian Right, only the Authoritarian Christian Right. I'm offended by your generalization, and mischaracterization of me as a Christian who leans Right on the political compass.

Why didn't you mention non-Christian Authoritarian Leftists? Are they imposing their Authoritarian coercion on the masses, solely for their selfish personal benefit?

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,962
    Anglican
    Married
    It would be a rare "Right wing" voter or candidate who would agree that this is what he or she intends --or even thinks possible--if given the opportunity to make reforms.

It's like asking "Suppose the Left wing got it's [sic] way" and then proceeding to talk about a world in which every person had the same middle-class income regardless of what work they did, if any...and top-notch Medical care was always available at a moment's notice and absolutely free for everyone.

10. MorkandMindy

+554
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Then open a thread on it. This thread is on Left v Right. Putting in the authoritarian dimension complicates a manageable question into a much less manageable one.

11. HARK!

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    On topic, it's complicated because Left VS Right is a false dichotomy.

12. HARK!

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    On topic, this represents Non-Authoritarianism.

It has nothing to do with Right VS Left.

13. MorkandMindy

+554
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Are you advocating a very small government Right Wing stance, no military, toll roads only, home schooling or community schooling etc?

14. MorkandMindy

+554
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    The intended purpose of this thread was to resolve the quagmire of the previous thread 'Right v Left - would this sum up the difference?'

That just taking one of the terms and applying it 100% or thereabouts would simplify things.

And that the way to show that would be to argue that 30% of the population would be insolvent without government assistance in our nightmare healthcare system.

I think that is a sufficiently convincing reason to avoid the 'lurch to the right', and that's all I really wanted to assess.

Where we should be going is another question.

15. HARK!

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I don't understand why the line of questioning continues to be presented through the perspective of a false paradigm.

Do Left Wing Anarchists make provisions for military, roads, schools, etc.?

Again, the provisions for these implementations are determined by a scale that ranges from Anarchy to Totalitarianism.

It's not a Right/Left paradigm, regarding these issues.

The Kings of the ages had armies and roads, so do modern Communists.

So did our Founders, who were for small government.

16. gaara4158

gaara4158 (Power Level Hidden)

+1,931
    United States
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    It would be your own fault, of course, for failing to be born into a family of means, which would have allowed you to make professional and financial mistakes with negligible consequences as well as given you access to free mentorship from someone successful under anarcho-capitalism. JuSt WoRK HarDeR!

17. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,962
    Anglican
    Married
    Yes, but neither Right nor Left can be summarized so easily and neatly.

18. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+14,529
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I can only form an opinion based on your posts; I'm sorry if I've misinterpreted them. But my post did not explicitly include you in the Christian Right to which I was referring.
    r

Specifically, you mean? Or just non-Christian authoritarians in general? But I suppose it really doesn't matter; they won't have the courts on their side for a long time to come, so I don't see much "imposing" in their future.

19. HARK!

+2,731
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    As someone opposed to gross Authoritarianism; I don't suspect that I will have the Courts on my side in my lifetime.

In their tussle, the Authoritarian Left and the Authoritarian Right, are trampling my liberty; as they pit the American people against each other, in their quest for power.

20. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+8,559
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    I love the way you write that as if it’s supposed to be a bad thing.