• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support please

captinshiny

my heart belongs to Christ
Apr 21, 2014
England
✟7,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Today I made a huge step in my recovery from touching yourself and watching inappropriate content, I admitted what I did or what I've been doing

Now I just need to find a lot of distractions in order to clear myself and kick this habit in the bum, apparently it takes 30 days.

LETS DO THIS!

captinshiny

Apr 21, 2014
England
✟7,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
You can do this! But just remember, if you fall, don't get discouraged. Pick yourself up and go again.

Thank you, I've managed a day today so that's one day down out of thirty, i feel as though this may turn into a diary of sorts to help myself through. I'm working on a list of distractions so far i've got...
read
write
draw
colour
cook
bake
stroke the cats
watch tv
play on the computer
shop
go to the park
go to coffee

this is what i've got any suggestions would be helpful

Upvote 0

Samuel_Rigby

Preparing for rain
Feb 12, 2005
✟22,103.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Assess when/where your weak spots are and find something else to do at those times. If the computer is a weak spot, install a filter or just turn it off. If the TV is a weakness, shut off cable/satellite for a month. Discern where you are most vulnerable and put things in those places to help you avoid the temptation altogether.

Remember, the Bible tells us to flee temptation. Don't fight it, flee from it.

Above all else. . .don't get discouraged. God forgives, heals, and restores.

Upvote 0

captinshiny

Apr 21, 2014
England
✟7,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
ok on day three I messed up by watching inappropriate content and doing the other thing but then I asked for forgiveness straight away and am now really trying to distract myself, it was about half 6 to quarter to seven I got bored and my mum and dad were out and I was home alone so I did something silly

NO MORE, this STOPS! I will find a way to beat this!

Upvote 0