Support Bush Administration!

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
faith guardian quote

But Bush DID lie, only he lied about things that cost people's lives, and may have destabilized the middle east significantly.

Response

What was the lie you think President Bush told?
WMDs in Iraq for one. Leveys in NO. Iraqui connections with Al quaeda and Ansar Al Islam.
Just three easily verifyable lies from Bush & Co.
I won't bother going into this AGAIN, but I suggest you go do a bit of research on it. There's no way Saddam had connections with Al Quaeda and Ansar Al Islam. Both these wanted him gone, and performed acts of terror to get rid of him.
The Leveys in NO - Bush knew there was a very real chance they could break, but he later said there was no way to anticipate it. Him being informed at a meeting was cought on tape, and later released to the public.
WMDs in Iraq. He claimed he knew where they were, despite most intelligence organizations - including the CIA knew it was very likely he didn't have any.

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just three easily verifyable lies from Bush & Co.
I won't bother going into this AGAIN, but I suggest you go do a bit of research on it. There's no way Saddam had connections with Al Quaeda and Ansar Al Islam. Both these wanted him gone, and performed acts of terror to get rid of him.

I was unaware that Bush had stressed that there was any real connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda or Ansar Al Islam. When and where did he make statements claiming any such connections?

The Leveys in NO - Bush knew there was a very real chance they could break, but he later said there was no way to anticipate it. Him being informed at a meeting was cought on tape, and later released to the public

That's pretty weak. I'd like to see a timeline on that one. One could say that it wasn't something that was anticipated. The possibility that it could happen was always there , but few people ever expected it to happen. When was Bush informed? What were the odds given that the levees would fail?

WMDs in Iraq.He claimed he knew where they were, despite most intelligence organizations - including the CIA knew it was very likely he didn't have any.

The US Intelligence community, of which the CIA is a part , reported just the opposite of what you claim. Their NIE of Oct. 2002 reported that Iraq did in fact have WMDs and WMD programs.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was unaware that Bush had stressed that there was any real connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda or Ansar Al Islam. When and where did he make statements claiming any such connections?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47812-2004Jun16.html

That's pretty weak. I'd like to see a timeline on that one. One could say that it wasn't something that was anticipated. The possibility that it could happen was always there , but few people ever expected it to happen. When was Bush informed? What were the odds given that the levees would fail?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4765058.stm

http://www.factcheck.org/article344.html

The US Intelligence community, of which the CIA is a part , reported just the opposite of what you claim. Their NIE of Oct. 2002 reported that Iraq did in fact have WMDs and WMD programs.

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/CIA_Warned_Bush_Of_No_WMD_In_Iraq.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/breaking...were-no-wmd-cia/2006/04/22/1145344306427.html

http://www.derechos.org/nizkor/excep/tyler.html

I was hoping not to have to do this again. Oh well. Here you go anyway. Simple facts. Plain and simple.

Upvote 0

aggiedude

Apr 19, 2007
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
here we go again all we can do is point fingers at each other and say look what this person did etc etc

why don't we talk about the problem that we are against people WANT TO KILL US I just got a letter saying that a pastor that I knew was MURDERED for being a christian by extreamist muslims.

I may not agree with everything done by bush but there are a few things that I like and there are some things that I do not like.

This is sad but true, people want to kill us christians, Is Bush cutting heads off? (oh wait I know he is using his storm machine to destory cities, sounds like people are watching to many sci fi movies)

The only way that we are going to stop this Iraq thing is to stop Iran from sending troops and weapons over the boarder.

but hell what do I know I am just a republican working on a computer science degree. I look into this world and I see that people want to kill us for what we believe and I tell this to any one that tries to hurt my family because of thier faith i will put you down I will defend all that I hold dear (country and my family).

why is left on the side of the terrorists? they say that if we just accept them everything will be ok and all the killing will stop but these terrorists are against everything the left stands for womens rights, they kill because people do not believe the same way they do.

but hey if people want to sit out with signs and smoke weed while people are being killed fine then

It's sad but I think that something worse than 9/11 is going have to happen to get people to understand.

I hate war I hate it but it has to be fought some times
I wish that all our men and women in the US military could be safe (by the way to all military people THANK YOU and I support you and I pray for you)

The last election was one based on HATE it was not who could help the US the most but it was "well I hate this guy he is a idiot he hates all people so I am not going to vote for him"

oh well I am use to the fact the people hate me I don't care
if I stand alone I stand alone but I MAKE A STAND

tell me does anybody on the left have a REAL plan for getting out of Iraq not this "pull out now stuff" but a plan I have never heard anybody from the left say that they had a idea to help they just said "we are going to not do anything and let the right screw up so we win in 2008"

watch after this is posted the ACLU is going to knocking at my door for saying that I am a evil person. Oh well I am white I am on the right, I think we should be allowed to use guns and I believe that there is evil in this world that needs to be fought so I guess that makes me a evil person. I get that alot (but where is my right to have free speech? oh wait I am not included in that to some people because I am white and I am a republican)

I am sorry but I am at my breaking point I am sick of this this finger pointing that we all are doing (even I) but oh well this world is being UPSed to hell and I just hope that the Lord comes soon. I am sick of this world I AM SICK OF IT. but I have no control of it. this world stinks and thats that.

Screw it i am sick of talking about this this is never going to end

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

clirus

Jun 20, 2004
✟3,900.00
Faith
Baptist
aggiedude quote

Screw it i am sick of talking about this this is never going to end

Response

Frustrated

I know of a lot of Christians who as frustrated.

Life is a constant struggle between good and evil.

I too get frustrated, but I always receive comfort and calm when I remember the life of Jesus.

Jesus called the Pharisees and Sadducees, "Vipers", but he never did anything to physically harm them.

In America, Christian have to right to vote and thus never need to consider physical harm.

I believe Christians can be victorious by salvation/salt and light. The main way to be victorious is to bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ so that they live the Christian Lifestyle. Another part of being victorious is to call the Atheists (modern day equivalent of Pharisees and Sadducees), "vipers". There is no reason to allow evil people to perpetuate lies. The Bible should be used to expose the lies.

Some say a Christian should be meek, but I believe a Christian should also be bold. Not bold in them self, but bold in representing Jesus Christ.

II Timothy 3:16 states, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

In rebuking evil, the Bible must be the source for the rebuke. If it is an interpretation of the Bible to present day events, state something like "I believe". If the Bible is used, there will be authority, if it is just your opinion, it will ring hollow.

The Bible states what is necessary to be a Christian Warrior and a description of the enemy.

Ephesians 6:10-20 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel. For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

Christians serve a risen Lord that has overcome the world. Christians should speak boldly.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe Christians can be victorious by salvation/salt and light. The main way to be victorious is to bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ so that they live the Christian Lifestyle. Another part of being victorious is to call the Atheists (modern day equivalent of Pharisees and Sadducees), "vipers". There is no reason to allow evil people to perpetuate lies. The Bible should be used to expose the lies.

An Atheist is a modern-day Pharasee? ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

is this just an excuse to call your enemies "vipers," or can you explain this?

Christians serve a risen Lord that has overcome the world. Christians should speak boldly.

Christians have spoken boldly -- and here we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
One bush accomplishment is he has made a select few a ton of money. He also increased coffin sales.

Let's not forget the flags that get draped over those coffins. And the electronics industry is grateful for the boom in wiretapping equipment.

Reactions: k
Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

Are you kidding? Bush, his entire administration, and a spineless media conspired to make those connections. It was a carefully crafted propaganda campaign. There are still people who think Saddam had something to do with 9/11. Do you think that came out of nowhere?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Imao the best reference for this is the pipa study-it showed people who watched any of the major outlets had the concept saddam was linked to that day. Of course fox viewers were the largest group. 5 days after nine eleven cheney proclaimed to the world saddam was no threat and that he was 'bottled up.'

Upvote 0