Dallas
✟488.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What I thought was really cool, well two things actually. The fact that they kept the "original" score. Superman just wouldn't be Superman without that particular fanfare.

The other was the fact that they dedicated the movie to the memories of Christopher and Dana Reeve. Very cool.

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Toulouse630 said:
What I thought was really cool, well two things actually. The fact that they kept the "original" score. Superman just wouldn't be Superman without that particular fanfare.

The other was the fact that they dedicated the movie to the memories of Christopher and Dana Reeve. Very cool.
The music was probably the best part of the movie! There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like hearing John William's Superman theme playing on loud theater speakers. It ranks right up there with hearing Aslan's roar in the theater!

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Before I get into the synopsis of the movie, let me just say one thing about Superman being gay: It ain't so. Bryan Singer is gay, but Superman isn't. The articles about him being gay actually refer to the character as well as the actor playing him. Now, onto the movie.

Brandon Routh: I think he did a great job as Superman. I feel too many people have this preconcieved notion today of comparing him to Christopher Reeves. Granted, there were some eerie similiarities between the two but Brandon has his own Superman character and a damn good one at that. He did a great job as both Clark and Superman. The issue of him not realizing he has a son is a little off, but other than that it was a good job.

Kate Bosworth: Even when they announced her as being Lois Lane in the early stages of creation, I knew it wasn't a great idea. She did a decent job, but someone else should have did it. I was thinking more along the lines of Kiera Knightley, or someone like that. Spunk needs to be in the role of Lois, not stick actors.

Kevin Spacey: Great job as Lex. Him, Gene Hackman and Michael Rosenbaum all own the role of Lex Luthor. I loved it when he beat the crap out of Superman.

Superman Returns all in all was a great movie. I like when Jason showed his Kryptonian strength in the movie, but he killed a guy. Superman never does that. Can't wait to see where Singer goes with this. As for the effects, awesome. Particularly the landmass lift. I was blown away by that.

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am really interested to know where Yahoo! got that Brandon was dating a guy named Kevin Mann. (Is he a friend of Brandon's? Does he even exist?) I know I read that before going to see the movie on Tuesday but I read it again and it said Courtney Ford. I hadn't ever looked at Bryan Singer's bio on Yahoo!, so I wasn't getting confused with him.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
knownbeforetime said:
I am really interested to know where Yahoo! got that Brandon was dating a guy named Kevin Mann. (Is he a friend of Brandon's? Does he even exist?) I know I read that before going to see the movie on Tuesday but I read it again and it said Courtney Ford. I hadn't ever looked at Bryan Singer's bio on Yahoo!, so I wasn't getting confused with him.

The whole issue of Superman being gay stems from Bryan Singer's version, in which Superman is more sensitive(i.e., humanized) than previous adaptations. Pretty tall leap, but one they try to make one nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Kahalachan said:
Is it just me or did Superman seem to promote Christianity?

The movie it talks about his father sending his only son to save the world, how the world cries out for a savior,
his near death and rebirth.

The El part of Jor-El and Kal-El are the Hebrew word for God. :)

Upvote 0

Calmness

Dec 26, 2004
✟322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I really enjoyed the movie.

As for Kate Bosworth, I have to admit although her acting wasn't the best, this was the first time in history that Lois Lane never got on my nerves, we'll see how that works in the sequels:D

I was watching a special on Bravo and they were saying that Superman was original and intentionally written with a "Christ theme".

I would recommend anyone going to see this movie:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

tqpix

Deist
Apr 18, 2004
Vancouver
✟16,046.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
KalEl76 said:
Kahalachan said:

The movie it talks about his father sending his only son to save the world, how the world cries out for a savior,
The El part of Jor-El and Kal-El are the Hebrew word for God. :)
Calmness said:
I was watching a special on Bravo and they were saying that Superman was original and intentionally written with a "Christ theme".
I recommend everyone to get the book, The Gospel According to the World's Greatest Superhero by Stephen Skelton. The book outlines the similarities between Superman, and our Lord Jesus Christ in the appearances of Superman in TV shows, radio shows, movies, comic books, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
KalEl76 said:
Before I get into the synopsis of the movie, let me just say one thing about Superman being gay: It ain't so. Bryan Singer is gay, but Superman isn't. The articles about him being gay actually refer to the character as well as the actor playing him. Now, onto the movie.

Brandon Routh: I think he did a great job as Superman. I feel too many people have this preconcieved notion today of comparing him to Christopher Reeves. Granted, there were some eerie similiarities between the two but Brandon has his own Superman character and a damn good one at that. He did a great job as both Clark and Superman. The issue of him not realizing he has a son is a little off, but other than that it was a good job.

Kate Bosworth: Even when they announced her as being Lois Lane in the early stages of creation, I knew it wasn't a great idea. She did a decent job, but someone else should have did it. I was thinking more along the lines of Kiera Knightley, or someone like that. Spunk needs to be in the role of Lois, not stick actors.

Kevin Spacey: Great job as Lex. Him, Gene Hackman and Michael Rosenbaum all own the role of Lex Luthor. I loved it when he beat the crap out of Superman.

Superman Returns all in all was a great movie. I like when Jason showed his Kryptonian strength in the movie, but he killed a guy. Superman never does that. Can't wait to see where Singer goes with this. As for the effects, awesome. Particularly the landmass lift. I was blown away by that.

Watch the spoilers...;)

I saw it tonight - great movie! :thumbsup: I liked how Clark's bumbling mannerisms still existed in it, and Kevin Spacey did Lex Luthor justice very nicely. Plus beforehand I found 3 DVDs with the really old 1940s Superman cartoons for $3 each at a shop, so I was pleased with that as well! :D

Letalis, I know that at least one of the classical tunes was one of Vivaldi's Four Seasons - can't remember what the rest were though.

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kahalachan said:

Actually, it just depends on how you want to look at it; here's an article from an Orthodox Jewish site claiming Superman is based on Moses: http://www.aish.com/societyWork/arts/SuperMensch.asp

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
eaglex said:
SUPERMAN RETURNS was great and as for being gay. I highly doubt it.
I keep telling you people that this is what yahoo said before I went to see it. They changed it the next day. I'd still like to know where they got the idea...

Upvote 0

MN John

Oct 23, 2005
Gallifrey to Trenzalore
✟30,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KristianJ said:
Watch the spoilers...;)

I saw it tonight - great movie! :thumbsup: I liked how Clark's bumbling mannerisms still existed in it, and Kevin Spacey did Lex Luthor justice very nicely. :D
Agreed! I finally saw it yesterday! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums