• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Sumerians and the ancient Annunaki

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by Searching For Truth, May 15, 2012.

1. LantanaAnna

LantanaAnna Guest

+0
    I'm sorta confused because the subject keeps changing on this thread. The question was about the Annunaki. Listen you have to understand that there is so much we do not know or comprehend. The Bible is inspired by God but can't be all there is and there are big gaps in time between the books. We know that God works thru natural laws, yet we don't know what all those natural laws are.

I think there is enough evidence to believe that something else is going on. That is a very large picture I'm painting. Surely you guys have read about UFOs and what they could possibly be. Thats where I started and I prayed and thought about what I had
    learned.

2. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender Well-Known Member

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    No mention of the "annunaki" in the Bible. None, Nada. Zip. Zero. Null. Void.

Next thread, please.

3. LantanaAnna

LantanaAnna Guest

+0
    You are exactly correct. But the Bible does mention Giants, Nephilim, Fallen Angels. You see, sometimes we have to understand the meanings of what words the Prophets used. The Bible doesn't say the word Trinity either.

4. WinBySurrender

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Please draw the connection between giants, Nephilim and fallen angels as clearly as triune Godhead is depicted in the Bible. You will find that the reason they are called giants, Nephilim and fallen angels is because that is who they are, and nothing more.

5. LantanaAnna

LantanaAnna Guest

+0
    Ok, I really can't argue with you, because I don't believe in the Trinity, but I used it for a comparison because I figured you did.

I feel sure there is more, you are sure there isn't, I'm ok with that, its called free agency.

6. Searching For Truth

Searching For Truth Newbie

+1
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Can you draw a clear connection to Godhead, trinity, and Jesus? Godhead isn't in the bible trinity isn't in the bible. so how could you possibly draw a CLEAR line that refers Jesus, God, and the Holy Ghost being a Godhead or being the definition of trinity if its not even mentioned in the bible???

7. Hupomone10

Hupomone10 Veteran

+131
    Baptist
    Married
    I'm using justification here in the sense of justifying one's position or lifestyle. Are you "SearchingForTruth" or are you "SearchingForJustification"?

Only you can answer this.

When we find the truth, Jesus said two things about it:
    1) You will know the truth,
    2) and that truth will set you free.
    And the object intended in that word 'free' is from sinful strongholds, as Jesus made clear two verses later.

Would you describe your recent searchings and doubts as setting you free?

John 8:32,34,36
    "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
    and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
    "everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    "if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

Blessings,
    H.

8. WinBySurrender

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Invalid argument. The nature of the interrelationship among God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit is evident through Scripture and cannot be successfully argued against. There is no such connection among the Annanukis and the giants, Nephilim and fallen angels. I'd say "nice try", but it wasn't even that.

9. LantanaAnna

LantanaAnna Guest

+0
    WIN, people do argue about the relationship between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. But thats not what this discussion is about.

The connection I know about between the Nephilim, fallen angels is that they did exist.
    The fallen angels had children with mortal women, these Children were Nephilim. These Nephilim were Giants. These Giants were mentioned in the Bible. Goliath was a Nephilim. I don't know the whole interrelated scoop but there is documentation of these facts.

Didn't you always wonder why God slew everyone in the flood except Noah and his family , even the babies and children? The babies weren't evil, but their dna had been altered.

Anyway, I don't want this to be a thread of argument, but of learning and I accept your opinion as yours. You have all the right in the world to object to my opinion until such time as it becomes openly evident.
    Still friends?

10. WinBySurrender

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    They do not, however, deny their existence and their interrelationship, except for the few Oneness people you might occasionally stumble over.
    But that doesn't mean they have any connection to your fictional Annanuki.
    A popular view, but incorrect. Angels are spiritual beings. They cannot sexually reproduce, with their own kind and certainly not with humans. The Nephilim were fallen humans, men who before the flood fell away from faith in God and made their own way in the world.
    Can you prove that? Simply because they are mentioned as associated with Anak, the father of the Amalekites, does not prove the Nephilim were giants. And as Anak was obviously human, the reference more closely supports my argument than yours.
    Can you prove that? No, you cannot, because there is no Scripture to connect the two.
    That's because there is none.
    :doh:
    Of course. I just wish you wouldn't read things into God's word that aren't there.

11. Searching For Truth

Searching For Truth Newbie

+1
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Like Godhead and trinity ;)

12. Hupomone10

Hupomone10 Veteran

+131
    Baptist
    Married
    How is it that Goliath was a Nephilim if the flood was brought by God partly to kill them off? Goliath is post-flood. How can he be nephilim if God killed them off?

unless one stowed away on the ark... :D

13. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+2,933
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    8 Stowed away on the ark -- Noah and all his family.

in Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+2,933
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    They are the false gods of the Sumerians.

Paul talks about the true origins of false gods in 1Cor 8.

in Christ,

Bob

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+2,933
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    God "Created the Worlds" according to Hebrews 1:1-7 and Hebrews 11:1-3. That much fits the UFO story.

But He created them all sinless - they are in perfect open communion with God and are not taking little trips out here to visit with "the god of this world" 1Cor 4:4.

Amidst all the other items you will find in this 8 minute clip - is one very important one at the 3 minute point.

5 informed opinions about the UFO / ALIEN DECEPTION - YouTube

That agenda has been known for many decades as it turns out.

in Christ,

Bob

16. His_disciple3

His_disciple3 Newbie

+33
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    how do you claim to be a christian and not believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

17. His_disciple3

His_disciple3 Newbie

+33
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican

what part of Him being in the flesh, God manifested in the Flesh don't you understand, He can't do anything of Himself, for there is two other beings of the Godhead,..

HERE LET ME ShOW YOU ONCE AGAIN< The scriptures and Jesus said that He is God:

Revelation 1:5-8
    5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
    6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
    7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
    8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty
    KJV

18. LantanaAnna

LantanaAnna Guest

+0
    good question. I'm thinking some of Noah's daughters in law had Nephilim dna.
    It was a widespread problem in those days. Nephilim exist today, they aren't giants anymore.

I find it hard to believe so few have read up on the Nephilm and their part in the end times of this world. Remember it shall be as in Noah's time. It wasn't just sin in Noah's time, it was also corruption of human dna. That is happening now whether you know it or not. But, I shall hush because I guess I'm not explaining this clearly enough.

19. Hupomone10

Hupomone10 Veteran

+131
    Baptist
    Married
    I don't know. There are some pretty tall basketball players today!

Ok. Assuming there are nephilim and the human race's dna is corrupted: What do you do with that knowledge; how does it help you in living the Christian life?

20. WinBySurrender

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    You obviously didn't read the post very well. I said "things" that aren't there, not words. The Annanuki aren't there, and neither are space aliens or any other weird distraction from God's word.