United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Google google google google

I did google. And earlier I provided the results of that googling, namely, a link to an old WSJ article describing the court documents talking about how McDonald's chose to server their coffee at a high temperature based on consultants' recommendations regarding taste.

But then you tried to tell us that those machines just come from the factory that way, implying that McDonald's was somehow powerless in all of this.

Where's your googling? You ought to be able to provide some kind of evidence to back up your claim.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, coffee everywhere is brewed almost the same. This conversation is now officially circular and boring. No, I will not do your research for you. You do well on your own floundering in your ignorance.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why are you people talking about coffee? Wasn't this about tea?

Also, if I were a believing man and someone told me that the only way you could create a tasty drink out of a plant is by boiling it so hot that it can kill you, I'd say that's a surefire way to know you're not supposed to drink it.

By the way, all this prejudice against people suing for damages they obtained while buying products that weren't safely marked? That has been created by the industry to create a knee-jerk reaction in people to toss any legitimate suits out. Congratulations, my dear footsoldiers for your corporate overlords, you're fighting the good fight.

Frivolous Lawsuits and the McDonald's Hot Coffee Case - Dolman Law Group

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, coffee everywhere is brewed almost the same.

When I brew a pot at home, I can just about drink it straight from the carafe. Same goes for the machine at work and pretty much any time I get it at a sit-down restaurant. Starbucks is somewhat hotter, but not usually significantly so. It's pretty rare that I get anything super painfully hot, though I seem to recall Dunks being up there.

This conversation is now officially circular and boring.

It would've been more interesting if you'd supported your arguments and answered the questions posed to you.

No, I will not do your research for you.

Lol, it looks like someone needs to go back to debate class. It's incumbent upon you to support the claims that you made. That's your homework, not mine.

You do well on your own floundering in your ignorance.

lol ok

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I brew a pot at home, I can just about drink it straight from the carafe.
The method I use at home to make coffee specifically says to use 190 degree water to brew it. By the time the process is done, it's well below 180 degrees. Even if I use boiling water, it's cool enough to drink by the time it's done even if I don't add milk.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The method I use at home to make coffee specifically says to use 190 degree water to brew it. By the time the process is done, it's well below 180 degrees. Even if I use boiling water, it's cool enough to drink by the time it's done even if I don't add milk.

Sure. I usually use a drip maker because I'm more often concerned with quantity and strength than with precision, but I do have two immersion makers (an Aeropress and a Clever Coffee Maker) and both of those use water that's just shy of boiling. The Aeropress coffee tends to be pretty hot when served since it only takes a few seconds to brew, but the Clever takes something like 4-5 minutes and the water cools considerably in that time. It's actually kind of tepid, which is part of why I don't use it anymore.

Man, I haven't used the Aeropress in ages. I should dust it off - a good Americano is amazing.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure. I usually use a drip maker because I'm more often concerned with quantity and strength than with precision, but I do have two immersion makers (an Aeropress and a Clever Coffee Maker) and both of those use water that's just shy of boiling. The Aeropress coffee tends to be pretty hot when served since it only takes a few seconds to brew, but the Clever takes something like 4-5 minutes and the water cools considerably in that time. It's actually kind of tepid, which is part of why I don't use it anymore.

Man, I haven't used the Aeropress in ages. I should dust it off - a good Americano is amazing.
I use an Aeropress. The directions call for 190 degree water, 20 seconds stirring, 30 second to drip/plunge. By the time it's all done, it's cooled considerably. Still hot, but not "AHHHH it burns!" hot.

Upvote 0